so your iceburn was justified
o then hell yeah what's up now b*tch
3:
Mayeb the truth is somewhere in the middle
i know its juvenile but i think, in fact, sometimes southpark is closer to the truth than youd think. just one mans honest humble libertarian opinion. ron paul '08
The Schtick of Truth
The Senate foreign relations committee on Thursday asked the US Agency for International Development (USAid) to turn over all records about the Obama administration's secret “Cuban twitter” programme, as part of a broader review of the agency's civil-society efforts worldwide.

The request included copies of messages the US government or its contractors transmitted to subscribers in Cuba, who never were told about Washington's role in the primitive, text message-based cellphone service that was meant to undermine Cuba's communist government and was the subject of an Associated Press investigation last week.

"I'd like to get a full sense of all your democracy programmes, beyond the internet, as well, because we're going to judge all of those in context," committee chairman Robert Menendez told USAid administrator Rajiv Shah during a hearing.

Menendez, who said he supported the “Cuban twitter” network, known as ZunZuneo, said he may ask for separate reviews by other auditing agencies, including inspectors general and the Government Accountability Office. He said he will advocate that pro-democracy programmes continue to be run by the agency.

Menendez made the surprise request after Senator Jeff Flake separately asked for data about the programme, under the auspices of Congress's oversight responsibilities.

"Will we have access to all the tweets or the messages that were sent by USAid or its contractors in full so we can judge here?" Flake asked. "Because we have to provide oversight, whether we authorise programmes or fund them."