http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_defeatism
i'm not sure how revolutionary defeatism applies, or why you want russia defeated and expelled from crimea.

clanzy posted:

let's go the russian army and political establishment #teameastslav

domestic war losses are occasionally necessary in order for a nation to shed its skin. think of the jobs. the infrastructure spending. the millions of undesirables and subnormals sent to the boneyards. the pure orgasmic release of death and destruction our enemies shall bring us, Magi in disguise. such sights they have to show us!

getfiscal posted:

i'm not sure how revolutionary defeatism applies, or why you want russia defeated and expelled from crimea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_defeatism

i'm goign to kiev next weekend lol

deadken posted:

dont take this personally but i kinda hope you get shot and spend a really long time in hospital recovering. i dont read the bourgeois news and get all my information about the world thru this site so im assuming thats quite likely to happen

oh you cd come out with an opiate addiction that'd be some swell aesthetics

littlegreenpills posted:

deadken posted:

dont take this personally but i kinda hope you get shot and spend a really long time in hospital recovering. i dont read the bourgeois news and get all my information about the world thru this site so im assuming thats quite likely to happen

then he'll be sitting up in a hospital bed posting 24/7, please don't do this to us lgp

RBC posted:

does anyone know why crimea is even important. oil pipeline or something?

yeah
http://www.globoscope.ru/eng/content/articles/248/

April 04, 2008 (the date of publication in Russian)

Maxim Kalashnikov

CRIMEA: A NEW KUWAIT, OR A NEW KOSOVO?

Oil and gas reserves off the Crimea coastline are instrumental for far-reaching geopolitical games

A new nodus of potential disruption and confrontation is emerging in the Black Sea. The Crimean Tatar secessionist sentiment is amalgamated with the factor of oil and gas reserves on the sea shelf on both sides of the Crimean Peninsula.

Exploration of oil and gas deposits of the area started yet in the Soviet period. At present, given high fuel prices, extraction in this area is more profitable than in the 1980s. In her political program, entitled "Ukrainian Breakthrough", Yulia Timoshenko, current Prime Minister and would-be President of Ukraine, mentions the yet unused "Black Sea reservoirs".

According to our Crimean sources, a number of drilling platforms are already installed off the coastline. Tenders for feasibility studies were reportedly won by US companies. It is noteworthy that soon thereafter, a map of geological research, surfacing in Simferopol, estimated the capacity of the undersea reserves in an amount almost equal to that of the Persian Gulf deposits.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/energy/black-sea-deepwater-oil-hunt-on

Black Sea deepwater oil hunt on

Tamsin Carlisle

January 13, 2010

ExxonMobil and Petroleo Brasileiro (Petrobras) have teamed up with the Turkish National Oil Company (TPAO) to explore for deepwater oil and gas in the Black Sea. ExxonMobil, the world's biggest international oil company, and Petrobras, the Brazilian state oil company, bring to the project some of the world's most sophisticated technology for deepwater oil and gas operations.

http://todayszaman.com/news-208241-black-sea-oil-exploration-costs-top-4-billion.html

Black Sea oil exploration costs top $4 billion
23 April 2010, Friday /TODAY’S ZAMAN
In an interview with the Anatolia news agency on Thursday, Uysal recalled TPAO’s earlier expectations that reserves lying deep in the Black Sea would meet Turkey’s oil and natural gas needs for 40 years. “We believe there are 10 billion barrels of oil and three trillion cubic meters of natural gas in the Black Sea,” Uysal said. He said exploration is over and it is now time to drill.

http://en.ria.ru/business/20130712/182207243/Exxon-to-Spend-735-million-on-Ukrainian-Black-Sea-Oil-Wells.html

Exxon to Spend $735 Mln on Ukrainian Black Sea Oil Wells
20:04 12/07/2013

WASHINGTON, July 12 (RIA Novosti) – Texas-based oil giant Exxon Mobil Corp. will spend $735 million drilling two deep-water oil wells off Ukraine’s Black Sea coast, Bloomberg.com reported on Friday.
The payout will consist of $400 million to be used for conducting seismic surveys and drilling the two wells, and another $335 million “signing bonus” for the Ukrainian government, according to an Energy Ministry official.
The Black Sea is relatively undeveloped by the global oil industry. It has fewer than 100 oil wells, whereas the North Sea has 7,000, according to Bloomberg. A recently opened gas field off the coast of Romania, now yielding 630 million cubic feet a day (17.8 million cubic meters) has fueled interest in the area.
Ukraine will formalize the exploration agreement with Exxon later this year, the Energy Ministry official told Bloomberg, choosing to remain anonymous as he is not authorized to talk to the media.

deadken posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

deadken posted:

i hope an antisemitic mob tears me apart and burns my body on a giant pyre in the maidan and in response israel and russia unite to conquer europe

deadken posted:

*kyiv

im going to peking where they make the ducks and then probably byelorussia for a bit, then swinging by bombay, upper volta, abyssinia, and finally spending a few weeks in judea&samaria
a guy i know has spent most of the last 2 or 3 months in Honduras and he keeps posting stories and photos on facebook and its really making me want to get rid of this life and fly there and disappear forever
you could always join the peace corps

im going to peeking where they make the fucks and then probably bi-lorussia for a bit, then swinging by bomgay, upper volva, abassinia, and finally spending a few weeks in boobdea&mamaria
fuck along now
according to this map, rhizzone thinks the ukraine is "somewhere in the middle" http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/04/07/the-less-americans-know-about-ukraines-location-the-more-they-want-u-s-to-intervene/
i dig the specificity of the datapoints in greenland.
[account deactivated]
“Where are you from?” they demand. “Americanski! Americanski!” A few scream at me. “Nyet, Ya Anglichanin” [No, I am British], I reply with a pre-prepared phrase. This doesn’t really improve things.
[account deactivated]
don't stefani shame

tpaine posted:

there was a great commercial around 1997 where this haggard old russian guy trudges through the snow to get some secluded shop and he asks the clerk if they have the no doubt album tragic kingdom and the clerk coldly says "nyet." and the old guy looks so deflated, he just sort of looks down and walks out of the shop into the unforgiving russian winter, forever searching for winning gwen stefani pop-punk in a land that cares nothing for your spiderwebs

truly ours is the most tragic kingdom of all....

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
rip
i went to kiev and chatted to some fascists. they were very polite for people who want to kill me and everyone of my ethnic origin and political ideology
the claim that the kiev government contains fascist elements is true but not really significant. most of the fascists i saw spent their time sitting in tents on the maidan, chopping wood for their oil-drum fires, and rebuilding the barricades so cars can pass through. they're just fantasists; the really dangerous guys are the sensible liberals passing austerity measures and selling the country to the imf
in the 1930s a bunch of german communists voted for hitler because they thought he would heighten the contradictions of capitalism and hasten the day when the red flag would fly over berlin. they were, in the end, entirely correct
were ukrainian girls hot? maybe type up a getting laid in maidan guide for me.
iirc ukraine is a top destination for awful pua types because the women there haven't been 'corrupted' by feminism. also for schlubby western men who get fleeced thinking they're picking up a mail order bride. are you willing to take a gamble getfiscal
ur of ukrainian stock right fringus. basically the men in ukraine are all balding potato-shaped lumps with squashed-in faces while the women are slim and uncommonly beautiful (until they hit about 40 and suddenly surrender to babushkadom) and yet the nation manages to reproduce itself so you might have better luck in your ancestral homeland
that's great news, really. i should save up some money and look for a wife there. i'm sure there's some 21 year old business major that would see my enormous potential. maybe baby huey can fly out with me some time next year.
zizek_wedding.png

deadken posted:

the claim that the kiev government contains fascist elements is true but not really significant. most of the fascists i saw spent their time sitting in tents on the maidan, chopping wood for their oil-drum fires, and rebuilding the barricades so cars can pass through. they're just fantasists; the really dangerous guys are the sensible liberals passing austerity measures and selling the country to the imf

so, the same as everywhere else then, good to know

deadken posted:

the really dangerous guys are the sensible liberals passing austerity measures and selling the country to the imf

i thought they were the same people