oh my god
What’s happened now, in this new era of settlements and nonprosecutions, is that the state has formally surrendered to its own excuses. It has decided just to punt from the start and take the money, which doesn’t become really wrong until it turns around the next day and decides to double down on the less-defended, flooring it all the way to trial against a welfare mom or some joker who sold a brick of dope in the projects. Repeat the same process a few million times, and that’s how the jails in America get the population they have. Even if every single person they sent to jail were guilty, the system would still be an epic fail—it’s the jurisprudential version of Pravda, where the facts in the paper might have all been true on any given day, but the lie was all in what was not said.
i imagine this is what the scribes and monks felt when they first read shakespeare
theres a brewery here called "epic" and they won some sort of award, you guessed it, the salt lake tribune's headline for that one was "bronze for nascent brewery is epic win" huge font in a real newspaper. the world is over
im 26 and the people who own that brewery are in their 40s and im disgusted. is this how it works now
oh no not matt taibbi.
disclaimer: i like taibbi but lol at the surprise/horror over him using a lame meme.
when are middle aged ppl gonna jump on the fail aids meme bandwagon
matt taibbi has done the most important financial scandal journalism in the world henry kkkrinkle. dont hate
i take less umbrage with his use of common internet vernacular than i do his vile and unfair slandering of the prestigious and eminently-respected Communist newspaper of record
"Everything those Commies said was true. Which is what makes them liars" lol the fuck outta here w/ dat ratchet azz basic bullshit. 4 rilly doe #turntup #baecaugthmeshillin
i like matt taibbis origin story of how he became the dark avenger when john mccain was all "hey blocking ANWR is causing the crazy high oil prices" and all the douchbag staev repoorters on the bus were like "lol that idiot mccain thinks ANWR is causing high oil prices" and matt taibbi asked "hey what IS causing high oil prices" and the entire DC press corps was like bwuhhhh