[account deactivated]
Dolls Mania is right
what's the 'zzonE take on PSL?

TheIneff posted:

what's the 'zzonE take on PSL?

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/3831/?page=4#post-131359

That's... really depressing. The reason I asked is because I went to the 10th anniversary event in Harlem last night and was asked if I wanted to start the 6 month candidacy program. From what I saw it seemed like an enthusiastic, lively and incredibly social branch with everyone being extremely welcoming and open to all of us that had no connection to the party previous to the event.

TheIneff posted:

That's... really depressing. The reason I asked is because I went to the 10th anniversary event in Harlem last night and was asked if I wanted to start the 6 month candidacy program. From what I saw it seemed like an enthusiastic, lively and incredibly social branch with everyone being extremely welcoming and open to all of us that had no connection to the party previous to the event.

You should do it anyway. Right now at this point you wont find an organization that is completely politically or even organizationally reliable in the US. Most are relatively small and many are sidelined to various degrees. However, that doesn't mean you shouldnt be networking and building organizing skill, regardless of the vehicle (though obviously you want to go with a more effective organization) Pissle is one of the more effective organizations.

Also ya know like, that's LA. NY is a different ballgame. plus alot of these groups have at least some overlap, joint actions, and an extended network where people know other groups and members etc, so you'll be able to get a feel for better organizations or potentialities to make new things. joining an organization also means access to not only libraries and street tactics, but also resources you could utilize.

just make sure not to let the personal grievances/politics get in the way of organizing m8. You can make friends and all, but ultimately you're not there to find pleasant people you get along with, but to build a mass base and carry out a revolution. a more important thing to pay attention to is organizational differences
add NY Fist on Facebook. there's a pretty good network of friends on there to get started.

Remember tho http://www.zazzle.com/stalin_no_new_friends_t_shirt-235209382899490523
if it doesnt have a trot newspaper im not interested
ty Crow
org log, stardate 7/30/14

thinking about joining mim prisons. nobody here seems to do prison work at all.

we sang the internationale at the students meeting last night, i still don't know how I feel about that. I sort of forced myself to go to a protest a couple weeks ago and that turned out ok even though there were some weird moments, so I am emerging from my shell somewhat, but singing a frankly bad song from 100yrs ago with fists raised high might be past my limit of acceptable embarrassment. this student group, according to its own founders, was started as a reenactment society by people who had no idea what they were doing. that was years ago but I think singing the internationale and declaiming loudly and with sweeping gestures during a meeting of about a dozen people, is a leftover of that reenactment period somewhat.

at the meeting were a couple guys from the cpusa, one of whom lives in draper (super white suburban town 20mi south of salt lake, where I lived for a long time), and he's about the age I was when I started going 'hmm what are all these communists about' but hes already in an org. I had a lil reflective moment because of that.

I'm sure everyone here has seen people who wear those beret style hats from the 30s, in utah people wear those, and then cotton t shirts, and sneakers and cargo shorts. thats the uniform of one type of leftist out here. and the other main uniform is wearing military surplus or being a goth. or combining those inventively. just something I've noticed.
the internationale is a cool song but killing in the name dubstep remix is a better leftist anthem for a modern post web 2 point oh age
actually "fuck you i won't do what you tell me" is incompatible with the marxist belief of "never stop clapping after the leader finishes his speech"

getfiscal posted:

actually "fuck you i won't do what you tell me" is incompatible with the marxist belief of "never stop clapping after the leader finishes his speech"

unless he's rolling his eyes and twiddling his thumbs and strongly hinting "stop clapping for dawkin's sake"

i found a random and free crate of fresh compact disks on the sidewalk near telegraph in berkeley last week and there was an original rage against the machine album in there so that was a cool find
what is the lfest radical pop song of the last 20 years

stegosaurus posted:

org log, stardate 7/30/14

thinking about joining mim prisons. nobody here seems to do prison work at all.

we sang the internationale at the students meeting last night, i still don't know how I feel about that. I sort of forced myself to go to a protest a couple weeks ago and that turned out ok even though there were some weird moments, so I am emerging from my shell somewhat, but singing a frankly bad song from 100yrs ago with fists raised high might be past my limit of acceptable embarrassment. this student group, according to its own founders, was started as a reenactment society by people who had no idea what they were doing. that was years ago but I think singing the internationale and declaiming loudly and with sweeping gestures during a meeting of about a dozen people, is a leftover of that reenactment period somewhat.

at the meeting were a couple guys from the cpusa, one of whom lives in draper (super white suburban town 20mi south of salt lake, where I lived for a long time), and he's about the age I was when I started going 'hmm what are all these communists about' but hes already in an org. I had a lil reflective moment because of that.

I'm sure everyone here has seen people who wear those beret style hats from the 30s, in utah people wear those, and then cotton t shirts, and sneakers and cargo shorts. thats the uniform of one type of leftist out here. and the other main uniform is wearing military surplus or being a goth. or combining those inventively. just something I've noticed.

do it! the only org i've haven't regretted working in was a prison abolition org (with a history linked to mim i think? i wasn't ever sure of the details)

gyrofry posted:

20 years ago

I am led to believe there are no left organizations which understand modern media or communication in any way and that's like the whole point isn't it

should start one
i'll make the Post-Publishing engine

drwhat posted:

I am led to believe there are no left organizations which understand modern media or communication in any way and that's like the whole point isn't it

should start one

u mean like jacobin and vice

babyfinland posted:

drwhat posted:

should start one

he said left

oh you mean like jon stewart and them
Zizek????
the deterritorial support group but they folded

babyfinland posted:

oh you mean like jon stewart and them

its john oliver now

jon stewart stop posting, pls join an organization, Learn something idiot
jacobin knows how to use the media.,Write liberal shit in new york and throw in some pro sex slavery garbage And watch the glancing coverage from the Times roll on in to the tune of replacement solid frames for every grad student involved.
im gonna try to get something published in the jacobin, wish me luck, cia comrades
Organization Of One
is not, every man, an organization

aerdil posted:

im gonna try to get something published in the jacobin, wish me luck, cia comrades

gl

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:
drwhat posted:

should start one
he said left

this and also i mean more like working with everyday people to help them understand how to publish small things online (twitter, tumblr, wordpress, instagram, youtube, whatever the fuck) so that dumb people like me end up seeing them someday and have their awareness raised of what is actually going on and who is killing whom. like the whole discussion about palestinian media savvy (or lack thereof) and the israeli internet posting army. the average person (afaict) barely trusts any organized anything anymore, but disorganized & decentralized personal stuff still has power. the most convincing things from ukraine or palestine are just people recording things that are actually occurring

organized central messaging works to an extent when you have billions, just like us or israeli military action works, but both will forever be shit vs widespread guerilla mass action

drwhat posted:

the average person (afaict) barely trusts any organized anything anymore,

well they get all their information on everything from organized sources though. nothing spontaneously appears in social media and gets to the level of popular awareness without organization. so they may not think they trust those sources but they depend completely on them for pretty much everything. instead they trust fronts or mouthpieces for those sources without awareness.

drwhat posted:

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:
drwhat posted:

should start one
he said left

this and also i mean more like working with everyday people to help them understand how to publish small things online (twitter, tumblr, wordpress, instagram, youtube, whatever the fuck) so that dumb people like me end up seeing them someday and have their awareness raised of what is actually going on and who is killing whom. like the whole discussion about palestinian media savvy (or lack thereof) and the israeli internet posting army. the average person (afaict) barely trusts any organized anything anymore, but disorganized & decentralized personal stuff still has power. the most convincing things from ukraine or palestine are just people recording things that are actually occurring

organized central messaging works to an extent when you have billions, just like us or israeli military action works, but both will forever be shit vs widespread guerilla mass action

gyrofry posted:

I like these two..
Muse - Uprising https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog
Billy Talent - Viking Death March https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFCMM3bra8

new one

Edited by stegosaurus ()

stegosaurus posted:

new one

[account deactivated]