[account deactivated]
why would the british come to America just to see protestants?
\
true story i occasionally google for random things like "i hate pentecostals" or "i hate episcopalians" or "i hate presbytarians" and all the utterly unobjectionably uniform protestant sects and its surprising how many people have strong opinons on things i cant even tell the difference between
the other day i saw some protesters in chinatown telling people to boycott japanese electronics with signs like 'fight japanese militarism' and 'remember pearl harbor'.

they seemed cool and i wish them luck
[account deactivated]
i wanna try to keep up my french and german and im extremely tired le monde and der spiegel blowing up my feed with stupid garbage just for the sake of learning a language. anyone know any good news sources in french/german? voltaire network is cool but id be more interested in something shorter form and more often, also people should post good non-english language shit, in general.
globalresearch.ca
If anyone asks, you didn't get this from me.

that's the devil, he's in your brain givin it the wsws dot org...... god's in your heart bro
www.humanite.fr/
kool thx
http://leftycartoons.com/

found this site from the google, enjoying the transcripts of political cartoons

satire for all, even the blind
This is gonna be short because I like my goodbyes like my birth control: nonexistent and followed by a prayer.

When I first started at Jezebel, the winter before the site launched in 2007, I was a 27-year-old kid with more guts than sense who thought she had something to prove. One of the many things I've learned in the past eight years is that I actually don't have to prove myself to anyone as my awesomeness has been so fucking blatantly obvious this entire time and my only regret is that I ever—even for one moment—gave a flying fuck about what some asshole had to say about it.

While I am so, so excited to be starting my next chapter at Vice, it's also really sad to end this one. My co-workers at Jezebel and Gawker Media are my best friends. I love them so much and I've been crying trying to write this fucking thing and my eyelash extensions are falling off. I'd rather tell them all privately what they mean to me as we ride on a stripper pole party bus to Medieval Times tonight that Gawker is paying for.

Anyway, you can follow me on Twitter if you think you'll miss me. And here are some things to remember me by:

Inside the Rainbow Gulag: The Technicolor Rise and Fall of Lisa Frank

The Best Of Pot Psychology

Oprah: 25 Years Of Screaming Celebrities' Names

A 'Dear John' Letter From My Boobs

A Disturbing Montage of Real Housewives Crying Through Botox

This is your face on Botox—and it's ridiculous.Read more

I Entered My Baby in a Beauty Pageant and Lost My Mind

"Her!? She's ugly!" I didn't say that aloud, thankfully. But I thought it—about …Read more

Disney Dudes' Dicks: What Your Favorite Princes Look Like Naked

While everyone else is busy coming up with yet another take on the "Disney Princesses…Read more

My Six Months as a Dirty, Boob-Swinging Derelict

Prior to giving birth six months ago, I was generally discreet when it came to nudity. I mostly…Read more

Judge Judy Vs. Feminists
Comic Confrontations: Judge Judy Vs. Feminists

Feminists seem to love bickering about feminism. And as more women join the conversation, it gets…Read more
[account deactivated]
i dont remember where i found it, either here or twitter, but i remember this one article about vice that talked a lot about the founder and their ad placement agency ("virtue" i think?). does that sound familiar to anyone?

c_man posted:

i dont remember where i found it, either here or twitter, but i remember this one article about vice that talked a lot about the founder and their ad placement agency ("virtue" i think?). does that sound familiar to anyone?

This one? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/10454237/How-Vice-is-leading-a-change-in-the-media-guard.html

Virtue and Advice are incredibly creepy names and also hard to google

no it wasn't an interview and it was a lot more critical, and longer as well. and yeah google has been no help.
lol, the interview between Shane Smith and Spike Jonze tells you pretty much all you need to know about Vice. Every question Spike asks being 'you were a degenerate when I knew you, what's changed?'

c_man posted:

no it wasn't an interview and it was a lot more critical, and longer as well. and yeah google has been no help.

http://www.thebaffler.com/salvos/the-vertically-integrated-rape-joke

?

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

c_man posted:

http://www.thebaffler.com/salvos/the-vertically-integrated-rape-joke?

yeah thanks!

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

http://www.thebaffler.com/salvos/the-vertically-integrated-rape-joke

proclick

http://dark-mountain.net/about/manifesto/

"Mainstream art in the West has long been about shock; about busting taboos, about Getting Noticed. This has gone on for so long that it has become common to assert that in these ironic, exhausted, post-everything times, there are no taboos left to bust. But there is one.

The last taboo is the myth of civilisation. It is built upon the stories we have constructed about our genius, our indestructibility, our manifest destiny as a chosen species. It is where our vision and our self-belief intertwine with our reckless refusal to face the reality of our position on this Earth. It has led the human race to achieve what it has achieved; and has led the planet into the age of ecocide. The two are intimately linked. We believe they must decoupled if anything is to remain."
THE EIGHT PRINCIPLES OF UNCIVILISATION

‘We must unhumanise our views a little, and become confident
As the rock and ocean that we were made from.’

1.We live in a time of social, economic and ecological unravelling. All around us are signs that our whole way of living is already passing into history. We will face this reality honestly and learn how to live with it.

2. We reject the faith which holds that the converging crises of our times can be reduced to a set of ‘problems’ in need of technological or political ‘solutions’.

3. We believe that the roots of these crises lie in the stories we have been telling ourselves. We intend to challenge the stories which underpin our civilisation: the myth of progress, the myth of human centrality, and the myth of our separation from ‘nature’. These myths are more dangerous for the fact that we have forgotten they are myths.

4. We will reassert the role of storytelling as more than mere entertainment. It is through stories that we weave reality.

5. Humans are not the point and purpose of the planet. Our art will begin with the attempt to step outside the human bubble. By careful attention, we will reengage with the non-human world.

6. We will celebrate writing and art which is grounded in a sense of place and of time. Our literature has been dominated for too long by those who inhabit the cosmopolitan citadels.

7. We will not lose ourselves in the elaboration of theories or ideologies. Our words will be elemental. We write with dirt under our fingernails.

8. The end of the world as we know it is not the end of the world full stop. Together, we will find the hope beyond hope, the paths which lead to the unknown world ahead of us.
the distance that guy got into the white house is a testament to obama because in the bush white house anyone darker than miracle whip outside of his sector would have met The Real Bad End when his feet touched the grass

daddyholes posted:

the distance that guy got into the white house is a testament to obama because in the bush white house anyone darker than miracle whip outside of his sector would have met The Real Bad End when his feet touched the grass

in 2011 seven shots were fired into the White House and the Secret Service gave a stand down order to the police as the suspect fled. a stand down order was also given for this recent guy, and while he had Over 800 Rounds of Ammunition in His Vehicle For His Big Scary Gun, he was actually armed IRL with only a knife. in both instances "President" Berry Huss-INsein Zardozo was conveniently NOT HOME

zardozo could be a cool clown name
for a clown
i don't like this game

Superabound posted:

daddyholes posted:

in 2011 seven shots were fired into the White House and the Secret Service gave a stand down order to the police as the suspect fled. a stand down order was also given for this recent guy, and while he had Over 800 Rounds of Ammunition in His Vehicle For His Big Scary Gun, he was actually armed IRL with only a knife. in both instances "President" Berry Huss-INsein Zardozo was conveniently NOT HOME

it is convenient.

for me to poop on

SOP at the white house is to disable the alarms on the doors it would seem?

c_man posted:

i wanna try to keep up my french and german and im extremely tired le monde and der spiegel blowing up my feed with stupid garbage just for the sake of learning a language. anyone know any good news sources in french/german? voltaire network is cool but id be more interested in something shorter form and more often, also people should post good non-english language shit, in general.

http://www.jungewelt.de/

I also read taz.de sometimes but its got plenty of bullcrap by arch-zionist columnists loudly declaring having a negative opinion of israel should be punished by being fired out of a cannon. still better than der spiegel tho

danke~!
im writing dumb, pulpy stuff here https://medium.com/@rashiedamini

feel free to shit on me. tia
americanbanker.com is a good trade publication

Bablu posted:

americanbanker.com is a good trade publication

how does it compare to Doug Henwood's $7,500/year trading newsletter http://tlrii.typepad.com/

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
JQED7gsR4_U