damn wouldnt have guessed that syria is on the bleeding edge of the viral meme/weird youtube game; cia social media spooks could learn a thing or two
I miss Angel_X and internationalist

deadken posted:

i get that people want to give more credence to the baath party because anti-imperialisms but they're also a reactionary alawite elite. the revolutionaries may well be susceptible to western influence but at the same time interesting things tend to happen at moments of revolution

deadken posted:

yeah i dont think the idea that Autocrats We Like are only overthrown by international conspiracies while Autocrats We Don't Like are overthrown by righteous popular revolutions is particularly tenable

hmm looks like vice.com's deadken was wrong. time to "check your liberalism" mayhaps?

discipline posted:

I don't mind translating stuff if you find it, I speak the Syrian dialect pretty much anyway

can u tell me if this is pro- or anti- assad

"Bashar ya habibi Shaab"

i guess pro-assad from the youtube comments

whatever became of the original tupac serbia video anyways. i can't find it.

oh wait n/m http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ1ircrT9mM

Crow posted:

Fat NTC tard gets 0wned by young journo LIZZIE PHELAN, FTW

AmericanNazbro posted:

damn qaddafi, not for the atrocities committed against queer people following his regime's demise, but for the inevitable legislative remarks speaking on behalf of queer people.

the dude in the middle's body language
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMHP7xdmpr4#t=76
[account deactivated]
does this 4chan sect know about the rhizzone? can we send some ambassadors? tpaine?

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

lol if u think russia is going to do anything w/r/t syria

[account deactivated]
So I just found out that the guy who's been working across the belt from me for about a month is Syrian. He moved here a couple months here, after a couple years in Lebanon. Of course since I'm an opinionated ideologue, I asked him his opinion on the Lion Assad. He said he's pro-Assad, because he's christian and only the rebels ever threatened his life, his family was safe under Assad. And then we got into a discussion about how terrible the media portrays the conflict.
But anyways, now I have a liberal-proof argument for being pro-Assad. The amount of times I've heard, "Well the communists might have had good ideas,but I know someone who used to live there and they hated it" bs...
what are some additional reasons for supporting assad?

methlabretriever posted:

what are some additional reasons for supporting assad?

*squints real hard for a moment*

i'm new here
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I had some arak the other day
Pulled from here

One Russian plane may even indeed have slightly crossed the border while maneuvering. But the real reason why the U.S. military official and Turkey claim the above “violations” is because Turkey unilaterally “moved” the Turkish-Syrian border five miles south

its cool and great listening to all these american and european pundits basically support a declaration of war on russia by turkey shooting down a jet as if it was a totally just and reasonable thing to do, and then blame russia for "sabre-rattling". can't wait for this new cold war to really start ramping up.
*scared guy from super troopers voice* The t hird world is already impoverished! It cant be impoverished any farther!