Superabound posted:

ive herd several ppl remark 2day that this seems like the first year since 2001 that on Septembert 11 they havent been completely bombarded and full-body saturated in 9/11 rememberance and remindification. im like "duh yeah, Al-Qaeda aint da boogetyman anymore, we on this new ISIS shit. You no longer need To Remember To Never Forget" so basically im just waiting for the ISIS 9.11 its gonna b sweeet

thirteen years of shark tanking but America finally perfected its Galaxy series and is ready to take on Apple

Anyone think it was just a horrible accident that got blown out of proportion? Iphone 6 now in stores. Check it ouut.
r.i.p. Angell
I was a dumb little boy in middle school wondering why the Badmen attack. little did I know years later I would be battling these same Badmen

stegosaurus posted:

lol

lol

OHLuwm9BzIk
bumpity bump
ah yesssss
im waiting to see if any mainstream media outlets talk about how we're partnering with AQ in Syria today. fingers crossed
I recall, the night of, while I was trying to get to sleep, my parents arguing with each other as the CNN news feed from ground zero continued to play with the volume turned low. My mom was distraught, vengeful, and uncomprehending of why something like this could happen, while my dad was going on calmly, if somewhat smugly and with occasional lapses of patience, about U.S. foreign policy, oil, the global inequality of wealth, etc.

Also remember explaining to a therapist who I went to at the time for 'anxiety' a few months after, that, compared to the threat posed by other hazards, the probability of me or anyone I knew dying in a terrorist attack was low, and that no one would be protected by me worrying about being killed, so I didn't see much point in dwelling on it. Which according to him, was an 'unusual' response to the event. That was the last time we ever talked about current events.
Anyway: Things keep on keeping on.
Like Easter, "death" may come so that we can be born again. This time, we are born again as a nation.

Happy 9/11.
god what a good thread
[account deactivated]
my teacher turned off the tv after five minutes, said this is just speculation, everyone get back to reading about how the british bought canada from the indigenous peoples with blankets
feels good i slept through it because i think a lot of people watched it with others and were pressured to have collective panic attacks. it's hard to go back on those which leads to the belief that 9/11 was a national trauma that "changed everything" in Shit Hole, Kansas.
9/11 was bad but it wasnt as bad as when hilary assassinated sean smith
i woke up early for some reason and turned on the tv cuz I was bored and got there in between planes 1 and 2 and for the record thought it was really cool and beautiful.

HenryKrinkle posted:

bumpity bump

does american tv make any comment round this time of year on the fact that the us secretary of defense public called for arming alqaida?
[account deactivated]
i've nevr heard of this 911 tragedy in amerika, i only know about the 911 tragedy of Allende's overthrow in chile
haha yeah i'm thinking i'm going to post something about chile tomorrow, hopefully without coming across too preachy or blase about anerican lives, chickens coming home to roost and all that. wish me luck
i wouldnt do that. just imo.
the real 9/11 was actually the battle of stamford bridge
Curse those pernicious scots!
haha but seriously, i know it might be unpopular, but you'd be surprised by what people will let me get away with. i try to take any chance to educate as possible.

edit: i was thinking of a different bridge battle.....but in my research it said that stamford bridge was on september 25th?

Further research edit: i was thinking of the battle of stirling bridge.

Edited by Red_Canadian ()

[account deactivated]
Yeah, I grew up with 9/11 and I've been tired of hearing about it all the time for my whole life. But on the other hand, I realize that the people born after 9/11 are going to be adults soon and they are going to take Eternal War as a given.
i watched Undimmed by Anime Tears again and its as good s I remember. i think it will become an annual tradition in this house.

9:37 AM Moment of silence (observance of time Flight 77 struck the Pentagon)

Stay tuned as tHE r H i z z o n E liveblogs this anniversary celebration
anyone got the vid of the "holy shit! badass! its getting hot in here" voice over someone watching 9/11 from their apartment and closing ther window
that mattress commercial from this year is definitely gonna be good to post on 9/11 for years to come
Holy shit, it is 9/11. I guess I forgot.

ilmdge posted:

anyone got the vid of the "holy shit! badass! its getting hot in here" voice over someone watching 9/11 from their apartment and closing ther window

it's the audio from this classic vid

cranberries and all

over someone looking from their window at it and then the "it's so hot in here" comes in as they reach to close the apt window

you will just have to imagine how good that is

[account deactivated]