postposting posted:

p sure it's that positioning a man as an object to be fucked (aka a woman) is just the most insulting thing they can think of

its worse than that. the the eradication of the sexual use and social necessity of women entirely. below Objectification, there is Nullification

my name is nato & i have metal joints

AmericanNazbro posted:

This doesn't really mean much considering AUS has been more or less a CIA shell country for decades but it does signal the world growing closer towards multipolar power structure, and subsequently society inching closer towards another world war. Gimmie a Hell Yeah,

What I do wonder is who is going to be the next country with an 'ArchDuke Ferdinand'? In that, I can very much see russia being in the same precarious position as germany prior to WW1, where, under putin, russia is attempting to challenge western hegemonies and may end up becoming completely isolated if unsuccessful. Granted, that could just as well be the USA as it's empire collapses and we go Full Hitler.

its ironic how australia today is playing the same role that serbia played in the 20th century, nearly 100 years ago. the only question is; when will america be overthrown by a caesar type figure who ends the defunct republic?

The male naval gaze is truly the wildest and most degrading of them all.

stegosaurus posted:

This shit is getting too involved and complicated. Dump a bucket of piss on someone and call it good. Don't elaborately torture someone's balls and sodomize him with comedy props smeared with vegemite while he's tied up. that shit took like four hours.

seems like it must be premeditated.. but that's what it's like being in a flow state

when i was in college i was at a party and our super fat friend was there and the guys said okay we're having a hot dog eating contest and they made the fat guy participate in the eating contest even though he didn't want to and had just eaten. and i dont think it made him feel very good, physically or emotionally. haven't thought about that in a long time

http://www.news.com.au/national/australian-terror-raids-afp-asio-move-on-suspected-terrorists/story-fncynjr2-1227062204389 posted:

ASIO and the Australian Federal Police have launched a number of raids across homes in Sydney and Brisbane this morning in the nation’s biggest counter-terrorism operation in history.

The strikes were reportedly pre-emptive in nature, and were linked to a Brisbane man who was recently arrested on suspected terrorism related charges.

The terror cell targeted in the raids is believed to have been close to an attack, and reports have emerged the groups may have been planning beheadings or mass shootings on home soil.

Caller Chris told Triple M’s The Grill Team he was only “six doors down” when police swooped on a home in Sydney’s Bass Hill.

“About 4 o’clock I was woken up by a helicopter going over, which I thought was rather weird,” he told hosts Matty Johns, Mark Geyer and Gus Worland.

“Then at 5 o’clock the dog started barking, I had a look out and there would have had to have been 30-40 coppers.

“A lot of cars, I went out to be a sticky beak, as you do, and I was told, quite promptly, ‘go, go back inside do not come back out’.

“They’ve blocked off the road, it was pretty surreal.”

He described his feelings towards his neighbours being linked to terrorist organisations as “a bit iffy”.

“Around the area, we’ve got a lot of. you know ... I’m not a racist or anything ... but you see these people, we walk down the street, you say ‘g’day’, they look down.

“You don’t know how to take it.”

Meet the new head of ASIO.

Mr Duncan Lewis AO DSC CSC
Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg, the European Union and NATO

Biography

Duncan Lewis is Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg, the European Union and NATO. Previous to this role, he was Secretary of the Department of Defence, building on almost four decades of experience in the defence and national security communities.

Duncan joined the Australian Army after schooling in Western Australia, graduating from the Royal Military College, Duntroon in 1975. A career in the military, spanning 33 years, followed. Duncan commanded at all levels, including command of the Special Air Service Regiment, and graduated from the British Army Staff College and the US Army War College. He served with the United Nations during the 1982 Lebanon War and on operations in East Timor. His last military appointment was as a Major General, Special Operations Commander Australia, where his forces were engaged in operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

In 2005, Duncan joined the Australian Public Service. His initial appointment was as First Assistant Secretary of the National Security Division within the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. Later that year, he was promoted to Deputy Secretary and in 2008 he was appointed as an Associate Secretary. Here he led the National Security and International Policy Group and contributed to the Department’s broader leadership as a member of its Executive.

From December 2008, Duncan served as Australia’s inaugural National Security Adviser. Duncan was the Prime Minister’s principal source of advice on all national security matters. He had responsibility for the strategic leadership of the national security community, as well as the coordination of national security policy development and crisis response.

Duncan was appointed as an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2005 for his service as the inaugural Special Operations Commander Australia.

He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of NSW and a Graduate Diploma in Defence Studies and Management from Deakin University. He is fluent in Indonesian.

He is married to Jenny, and they have two grown children, Simon and Alison. His interests include classical music, history, Australian Rules football and tennis.

Triple M’s The Grill Team
when i was a child i had this image of australian rules football as some insane bloodbath that was like hunger games down under or something.
afl players are all rapists, so
footy
one of my best friends first took drugs when he got to university and eventually dropped out and moved to australia. when he got there he realized it was exactly the same as canada and was like fucking hell. so he flew to bolivia and started dating some rich official's daughter. but when he was there he realized like all they did anyway was like watch MTV and shit so he was like this is fine i guess but who cares. so he came back to canada and went into construction. he's cool.

gyrofry posted:

footy

getfiscal posted:

one of my best friends first took drugs when he got to university and eventually dropped out and moved to australia. when he got there he realized it was exactly the same as canada and was like fucking hell. so he flew to bolivia and started dating some rich official's daughter. but when he was there he realized like all they did anyway was like watch MTV and shit so he was like this is fine i guess but who cares. so he came back to canada and went into construction. he's cool.

"Tourism, human circulation considered as consumption, a by-product of the circulation of commodities, is fundamentally nothing more than the leisure of going to see what has become banal. The economic organization of visits to different places is already in itself the guarantee of their equivalence. The same modernization that removed time from the voyage also removed from it the reality of space."

I went out to be a sticky beak, as you do
Around the area, we’ve got a lot of. you know ... I’m not a racist or anything ... but you see these people, we walk down the street, you say ‘g’day’, they look down.
g'day petrol
i bet his son does the same thing on his way to the basement to play world of warcraft
i dont usually get the paper (there is only one here, murdoch ofc) but it was free today and im sure glad i picked it up. woot.

so, a 'letter' from the PM about how the big terrors are scary but no worries mate hell stop it!, a ridiculous story abouyt how the big terror men in ultra hi security can do the plots bc they use some kind of code to talk abt it, and how ASIO wants all the powers incl breaking into yr house when yr not there (def not to plant evidencew!!!), detain without charge, and hahaha to kill ppl!!!!! and they def should get all that stuff, bc uh, terrors

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

i Dont Want Dentures
the "intent..." headline is like bush saying "our enemies never stop thinking about ways to harm americans and neither do we"
petrol: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-23/one-person-shot-dead-two-stabbed-endeavour-hills/5764408

"A person who reportedly made threats against the Prime Minister has been shot dead and two police officers from the joint counter terrorism team have been stabbed in Melbourne's outer south-east."
Yeah I'm following that. Story developed extremely quickly.

At first the cops said they pulled the guy over, coincidentally right near a police station, for a routine stop, when he attacked with a knife and was shot. Witnesses said they heard him shout an insult about the PM and/or the govt.

Then Sky News said he was waving an ISIS flag. Lol

Then, while their competitors quoted 'police sources' saying the man had actually been asked to come in for questioning, the murdoch press was quoting 'intelligence sources' saying he was a target in a terror investigation. They also said hed been waving the ISIS flag at a local shopping centre recently (??) And that witnesses said he was shouting 'death threats' about the PM before he was shot

Cops have actually done a press conference now, the facts according to that are: 18yo male, 'person of interest' who 'recently' had his passport cancelled, came in voluntarily to answer questions, 2 counterterrorism cops met him at his car outside the station, he got our, shook hands, pulled a knife suddenly and stabbed them both, one of the cops shot him dead. 'Intelligence' 'suggests' he flew the ISIS flag in public 'recently' & made threats against the PM 'recently'.

There's an old joke about Victorian Police, I remember hearing it in the early 90s. Its probably a common one so hopefully someone can help me with the setup? Anyway, the punchline is "*BLAM BLAM BLAM* FREEZE!!"
thats like, the universal cop punchline

Petrol posted:

judging from those neckbeards it seems most goons are simply one quran away from islamic fundamentalism

They asked the kid to come in for questioning because he called ASIO a bunch of dogs who fist each other up the ass. Pretty funny except for the part where he got executed haha :/

e: cropped screenshot

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Petrol posted:

They asked the kid to come in for questioning because he called ASIO a bunch of dogs who fist each other up the ass. Pretty funny except for the part where he got executed haha :/

Petrol posted:

Yeah I'm following that. Story developed extremely quickly.

At first the cops said they pulled the guy over, coincidentally right near a police station, for a routine stop, when he attacked with a knife and was shot. Witnesses said they heard him shout an insult about the PM and/or the govt.

Then Sky News said he was waving an ISIS flag. Lol

Then, while their competitors quoted 'police sources' saying the man had actually been asked to come in for questioning, the murdoch press was quoting 'intelligence sources' saying he was a target in a terror investigation. They also said hed been waving the ISIS flag at a local shopping centre recently (??) And that witnesses said he was shouting 'death threats' about the PM before he was shot

Cops have actually done a press conference now, the facts according to that are: 18yo male, 'person of interest' who 'recently' had his passport cancelled, came in voluntarily to answer questions, 2 counterterrorism cops met him at his car outside the station, he got our, shook hands, pulled a knife suddenly and stabbed them both, one of the cops shot him dead. 'Intelligence' 'suggests' he flew the ISIS flag in public 'recently' & made threats against the PM 'recently'.

There's an old joke about Victorian Police, I remember hearing it in the early 90s. Its probably a common one so hopefully someone can help me with the setup? Anyway, the punchline is "*BLAM BLAM BLAM* FREEZE!!"

A mother has been spat on, a baby's pram kicked, a pig's head has been impaled on a cross and mosques vandalised in a worrying escalation of attacks against Australian Muslims.

A church and a Catholic school have also been targeted in "hate crimes", Mariam Veiszadeh from the Islamophobia Register told reporters in Sydney.

"A number of women, particularly in hijab, and children have been verbally abused and threatened," she said on Wednesday.

"A man in Perth tried to rip the scarf off a woman's head."

Threats have been made against at least four mosques across Australia and cars have been spray painted with threats, Ms Veiszadeh said.

Muslim leaders including the Grand Mufti of Australia Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohamed have condemned "the horrors conducted overseas in the name of religion" as "crimes against humanity and sins against God".

"The recent so-called fatwa from overseas making reference to Australia as a target has no religious authority and must be rejected," they said.

Australia's terror alert level was this month elevated by ASIO to high and in the past week counter-terrorism raids have been carried out in Sydney and Brisbane while Parliament House in Canberra has beefed up its security.

"The sanctity of life is of paramount importance to all people of faith," the Muslim leaders said.

Samier Dandan, president of the Lebanese Muslim Association said anti-terrorism laws being debated in parliament needed to strike a balance between the need for safety and freedom.

"Our concern, first and foremost, is security, as long as it doesn't infringe of civil rights of any citizen of this country," he said.

Dr Abu Mohamed, Mr Dandan and Sheikh Yahya Safi on Wednesday met with Bishop Robert Rabbat of the Melkite Catholic Eparchy and other Christian leaders to promote peace and harmony in their communities.

The Islamophobia Register is a Facebook page set up by members of Australia's Muslim community to track religious hatred and discrimination.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/rise-in-attacks-against-aussie-muslims-20140924-3gi5e.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/24/friend-describes-abdul-haider-as-quiet-gentle-and-softly-spoken posted:

At a Muslim youth camp in Victoria early last year, Abdul Numan Haider attended every lecture, enthusiastically took part in sport and tried his best at camp quizzes. He had to be woken up for dawn prayer but he never complained.

Haider’s cabin mate spent nine days with him and remembers him as “quiet, very gentle, very softly spoken”. The camp catered for young people of all backgrounds, many from disadvantaged families. The theme last year was “The Prophet”.

The man, who prefers to remain anonymous, says he remembers, too, that Haider seemed to be looking for answers, and asking questions. He was curious, trying to work out his place in the world, and in Australia, as a young Muslim man.

“I didn’t think he was very learned about the religion. His knowledge was basic, he was not well informed,” he said. “I do remember he was the most gentle, quiet, loving person in the camp.”

For those who knew Haider, what he is alleged to have done is unfathomable. He was a “skinny small boy”, a devout Muslim who prayed at the Hallam mosque in Narre Warren, among other places.

He was from an Afghani family, too distraught to speak with the media on Wednesday. According to a man at the mosque, who declined to be named, Haider was also frustrated at what is happening overseas in Iraq and Syria and at the proposed new Australian terrorism laws that many Muslims see as targeting their community.

This young man, 18 or 19 and barely out of school, is alleged to have stabbed two police officers on Tuesday night about 8pm before being shot dead. Police would not confirm reports that he shouted insults about the prime minister, Tony Abbott, and the government before stabbing the officers. Australian Federal Police acting commissioner Andrew Colvin said there was “no specific threats” made.

Police said that when they asked Haider to answer some questions about what they called “some concerns” about his recent behaviour – specifically attending a shopping centre with an Islamic State flag and inflammatory social media comments about the AFP and ASIO – he had asked to meet them at the Endeavour Hills police station in south-west Melbourne.

Police alleged that when they went to greet him Haider stabbed the AFP officer in the abdomen, neck and head, and then the Victorian officer on the forearm. Both were members of the joint counter-terrorism taskforce. The Victorian officer shot and killed him with a single shot. It was all over in minutes.

Victoria’s police commissioner, Ken Lay... agreed with assistant commissioner Luke Cornelius “100%” that police had “no choice” but to shoot Haider, a remark that legal and Islamic groups say pre-empts a homicide and coronial investigation.

The theme last year was “The Prophet”.

oh come on. thats the theme every year

Superabound posted:

The theme last year was “The Prophet”.

oh come on. thats the theme every year

g'day mates. thrwo another leb on the barbie - tradiotnal australian greeting
[account deactivated]
gowb
Footy Update

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/consumer-security/terror-laws-clear-senate-enabling-entire-australian-web-to-be-monitored-and-whistleblowers-to-be-jailed-20140925-10m8ih.html posted:

Australian spies will soon have the power to monitor the entire Australian internet with just one warrant, and journalists and whistleblowers will face up to 10 years' jail for disclosing classified information.

The government's first tranche of tougher anti-terrorism laws, which beef up the domestic spy agency ASIO's powers, passed the Senate 44 votes for and 12 against on Thursday night with bipartisan support from Labor.

The bill, the National Security Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2014, will now be sent to the House of Representatives, where passage is all but guaranteed on Tuesday at the earliest.

Anyone — including journalists, whistleblowers and bloggers — who "recklessly" discloses "information ... relates to a special intelligence operation" faces up to 10 years' jail.

Any operation can be declared "special" and doing so gives ASIO criminal and civil immunity. Many, including lawyers and academics, have said they fear the agency will abuse this power.

Those who identify ASIO agents could also face a decade in prison under the new laws, a tenfold increase in the existing maximum penalty.

The new laws also allow ASIO to seek just one warrant to access a limitless number of computers on a computer network when attempting to monitor a target, which lawyers, rights groups, academics and Australian media organisations condemned.

They said this would effectively allow the entire internet to be monitored, as it is a "network of networks" and the bill doesn't specifically define what a computer network is.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/25/brisbane-mosque-vandalised posted:

Vandals have attacked a home being used as an Islamic prayer centre in Brisbane, leaving abusive anti-Muslim graffiti, in what police have called a “brainless crime”.

Police were called to the home in Rocklea on Wednesday night after members discovered the walls of some temporary buildings had been spraypainted with the words “evil” and “die”, as well as “Muslims are evil and have no respect for our ways”, and “get the fuck out of our country”.

President of the Indonesian Islamic Centre, Hamid Marwadi, told Guardian Australia this was the first time they had been targeted.

“That’s why we are shocked to come and see the graffiti,” he said. Marwadi said he thought it was prompted by recent police operations and statements from politicians “encouraging the tough laws on terrorism”.

“I believe politicians shouldn’t say Islamic terrorists because Islam is not terrorism,” he said.

Christian crosses were also painted on the walls of the buildings, erected while the owner waits for development approval to construct an Islamic educational centre. In the meantime it is a place of worship for daily prayers.

The incident was the second defacing of a Muslim place of worship in Queensland in less than a week.

Vandals spray-painted the word “evil” across a mosque in Mareeba in north Queensland on Friday.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/armed-intruder-threatens-staff-students-at-sydney-islamic-school-reports-20140925-10m729.html posted:

Police have swarmed an Islamic school in western Sydney after reports of an intruder threatening staff and students with a knife.

Officers were called to Al-Faisal College in Minto on Thursday afternoon amid reports that an armed man had entered school grounds and was asking if it was a Muslim school.

Primary school students hid under their desks while those from the high school were gathered in a prayer hall as the school went into lockdown, one mother said.

The mother, who did not wish to be named, said she was greeted by a swarm of police when arriving to pick up her children.

"I am still pretty much in shock," the mother said.

"I am keeping my younger two home tomorrow, one doesn't want to go back there."

Mariam Veiszadah, spokesperson for Islamophobia Register Australia, said she had spoken to two parents from the school and a community leader who was in contact with the head of the school.

They had reported a man running onto school grounds, asking if it was a "Muslim school" and then pulling out a knife and threatening a teacher and students.

Ms Veiszadah said she believed the man didn't manage to get inside the classroom because the doors were locked, but he later fled into an office and threatened female staff.

Ms Veiszadah said: "We are very shocked and saddened to hear about this incident. Distressed parents of affected students arrived at the school earlier today and found it surrounded by police officers and the SWAT team."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/fears-for-refugee-children-in-morrisons-cambodia-deal-20140925-10m1ks.html posted:

Australia's plan to send refugees to Cambodia has provoked a storm of fresh criticism just hours before Immigration Minister Scott Morrison is due to ink an agreement with the impoverished nation in Phnom Penh on Friday.

An alliance of international aid, children's and human rights and refugee organisations said grave fears were held for the welfare of the refugee families, especially children.

Former Chief Justice of the Family Court, Alastair Nicholson, the spokesman for the alliance, said Cambodian non-government organisations have advised the plan would overwhelm an already struggling welfare sector and exploit one of the poorest nations in south-east Asia.

"It's reprehensible," he told Fairfax Media. "We have picked out the poorest and worst governed states in Asia to fend off these unfortunate people," he said. "It's not regional resettlement, it's just suiting Australian convenience with a degree of arrogance that I find is appalling.

"The exploitation of children is really troublesome," Mr Nicholson said.

The alliance includes UNICEF Australia, Save the Children, Plan International Australia, World Vision, Amnesty International, the Refugee Council of Australia, International Detention Coalition and Children's Rights International.

It says children who are resettled in the country could be exploited in the booming trade of sex or labour trafficking, which is one of the major human rights concerns in the country.

Human Rights Watch said the agreement does not meet Australia's commitment to send refugees to a "safe third country" and will undermine refugee protection in the region.

"Australia's deal with Cambodia will send people to a country that has a terrible record for protecting refugees and is mired in serious human rights abuses," said Elaine Pearson, Australia director at Human Rights Watch.

The criticism comes despite Cambodia and Australia keeping details of the agreement secret.

Even agencies like the UNHCR were left out of negotiations and denied a copy of the plan.

"UNHCR has consistently raised its concerns about the principles behind such an agreement with officials from both governments," a spokeswoman said.

Mr Morrison's office acknowledged he planned to travel to Phnom Penh on Friday only after Cambodia's Foreign Ministry announced the signing ceremony.

Details are expected to emerge on Friday evening, a time when the news cycle will be focused on football finals.

Petrol posted:

Australian spies will soon have the power to monitor the entire Australian internet

*leans on lid of kangaroo shaped laptop and cries as death adders try to wriggle out onto floor of Starbucks*

It's the new penalties for talking about "special intelligence operations" that are the real concern of course. ASIO has historically been guilty of pretty much all the same shit the FBI & CIA have done domestically to leftists, and mainstream media reports of the past couple of years confirm this continues at least to the extent of surveilling & infiltrating socialist and green groups. One of the few defence mechanisms activists have had is to out the agents publicly, or at least describe things like recruitment attempts. It's also particularly worrying as the government is preparing for a major land grab in indigenous communities, and the first nations sovereignty movement is bound to become a target. And, of course, heaven forbid a journalist should come into possession of information implicating the security services in staging unnecessary terror raids as a pretext to get these laws up in the first place.
hi tpiane
gday lads. howa bout that footy, strewth. grand finals are coming up, or so i'm led to believe. when do we attack police hq