Crow posted:

.custom254229{}NoFreeWill posted:they certainly don't know their role in the "conspiracy"

Do I have to hold your hand on everything?

The article cites think tank experts and aid workers who appear befuddled by this seeming inconsistency: “I am alarmed that we are providing support for ISIS governance...By doing so we are indemnifying the militants by satisfying the core demands of local people, who could turn on ISIS if they got frustrated.”

hmm, maybe they actually are befuddled because they don't understand the situation, not just pretending to be??? it's consistent from certain peoples perspectives, but not to all individuals??

humanitarian aid worker: I got into working for NGOs because I like to harm people, not because I drank the kool-aid and think I'm doing good.

dank_xiaopeng posted:

But The Wall Street Journal reports the United States was actually working very closely with Syrian Kurdish commanders in secret to defend Kobani.

lol what a scoop

NoFreeWill posted:

Crow posted:

.custom254229{}NoFreeWill posted:they certainly don't know their role in the "conspiracy"

The article cites think tank experts and aid workers who appear befuddled by this seeming inconsistency: “I am alarmed that we are providing support for ISIS governance...By doing so we are indemnifying the militants by satisfying the core demands of local people, who could turn on ISIS if they got frustrated.”

hmm, maybe they actually are befuddled because they don't understand the situation, not just pretending to be??? it's consistent from certain peoples perspectives, but not to all individuals??

who gives a shit what they think. good job focusing on the least relevant aspect of it lol

NoFreeWill posted:

humanitarian aid worker: I got into working for NGOs because I like to harm people, not because I drank the kool-aid and think I'm doing good.

British 19th century missionary: I got into working for the White Man's Burden because I like to harm people, not because I drank the kool-aid and think I'm doing good.

Who fucking cares
Heres me arguing against a theory of imperialism: http://tilde.club/~waxpancake/running/
oh theres different songs if you refresh
w're boming syria now, we've got our own website, we're bombing syria.... now

Crow posted:

British 19th century missionary: I got into working for the White Man's Burden because I like to harm people, not because I drank the kool-aid and think I'm doing good.

please don't be anticlerical on this bulletin board

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/victimsofcommunism/ten-super-disturbing-ways-communism-is-being-made-110h3

i see rhizzone posters in the comments
Glad their finally gettign the message.

Crow posted:

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/victimsofcommunism/ten-super-disturbing-ways-communism-is-being-made-110h3

http://victimsofcommunism.org/mission/board-advisory-councils/

lol

the dumbest thing on that listicle wasn't even the 100 million dead (what metal fan would consider that a bad thing) but rather that they consider the DSA enemies

aerdil posted:

Crow posted:

getfiscal posted:

Crow posted:

http://victimsofcommunism.org/mission/board-advisory-councils/

lol

This is basically a World Anti-Communist League reunion party

Crow posted:

.custom254310{}NoFreeWill posted:.custom254260{color:#000000 !important; background-color:#E3E3E3 !important; }Crow posted:.custom254229{}NoFreeWill posted:they certainly don't know their role in the "conspiracy"

who gives a shit what they think. good job focusing on the least relevant aspect of it lol

if you think your enemies are some grand conspiracy network that is omni-intelligent instead of an effective but loosely and confusingly coordinated imperialist machine that changes ur strategy.

how so comrade

NoFreeWill posted:

if you think your enemies are some grand conspiracy network that is omni-intelligent instead of an effective but loosely and confusingly coordinated imperialist machine that changes ur strategy.

the enemy = the imperialist maschine = the KKKonspiracy

the cogs in the maschine are rarely cognizant of the bigger picture. the cool thing about neoliberalism is it has something to appeal to everyone. the 'bleeding heart' types can busy themselves with aid work and democracy forums, the 'hardliners' can support armed militias and bombing campaigns. the parameters of all these actions are set at a much higher level, and ensure that regardless of any lower-level group or individual intentions, the effect is aligned with the agenda of the maschine. if the agenda calls for destabilisation of a country/region through organised chaos and brutality, lo, even the humanitarian aid falls in line. i'm not sure why it should matter whether individual aid workers think they're doing a good thing. i'm not sure how that would require a change of strategy for anti-imperialists.

some good opportunities here for ur liberal arts degree, rhizzonites

http://victimsofcommunism.org/mission/internships/

NoFreeWill posted:

Crow posted:

.custom254310{}NoFreeWill posted:.custom254260{color:#000000 !important; background-color:#E3E3E3 !important; }Crow posted:.custom254229{}NoFreeWill posted:they certainly don't know their role in the "conspiracy"

Please tell me about strategy, guy who doesn't have a basic handle on any of the relevant knowledge

hey crow lets say hypothetically I knew lots of vice news watching politically interested petit bourgeois people who I wanted to crash course in Imperialism what should I recommend them (or what should I read to explain the situation better)
the autobiography of j. sakai as told to bippy

Gibbonstrength posted:

hey crow lets say hypothetically I knew lots of vice news watching politically interested petit bourgeois people who I wanted to crash course in Imperialism what should I recommend them (or what should I read to explain the situation better)

animal farm.

lena dunham's "Not That Kind of Girl"

Crow posted:

.custom254369{}NoFreeWill posted:.custom254324{color:#000000 !important; background-color:#E3E3E3 !important; }Crow posted:.custom254310{}NoFreeWill posted:.custom254260{color:#000000 !important; background-color:#E3E3E3 !important; }Crow posted:.custom254229{}NoFreeWill posted:they certainly don't know their role in the "conspiracy"

Please tell me about strategy, guy who doesn't have a basic handle on any of the relevant knowledge

hmm, my basic handle is that i read books. dunno about u?

my hugely successful anti-imperialist organization is over here organizing the proletariat...

Gibbonstrength posted:

http://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/

Crow posted:

great ClickHole article

Gibbonstrength posted:

hmmmmm Killing Hope by William Blum? Kill Anything That Moves by Nick Turse. basically anything in the Kill Series. Lenin's great but i dunno if i'd recommend that as an entry point to anyone but like proles and poor ppl (so the vast majority, lol). for pettys i think u might have to go the well-cited anti-imp histories that hit their morality register. Ka Ching! Dead babies! Hey! That's just, like, my opinion, man!

daddyholes posted:

how so comrade

Brand appeal, so people don't immediately write you off as a conspiracy theorist.

you can outline ur theory of imperialism when they reach Level 2, but let them grind a bit on aforementioned (Killing Hope etc.) first.
also why people read chomsky as babby's first leftism despite his lack of any theoretical grounding
there been a lot of bookshelf hate lately so im just going to come out and admit it

my bookshelf.jpg
T. Frank
One Market Under God
What’s the Matter with Kansas
Zinn
The Zinn reader
The Twentieth Century
Marx Engels Reader
Chalmers Johnson, Blowback
W. Blum:
Killing Hope
Rogue States
N. Chomsky:
Necessary Illusions
Manufacturing Consent
Propaganda and the Public Mind
Imperial Ambitions
Deterring Democracy
Interventions
Chomsky on Miseducation
Failed states
Hegemony or Survival
Zizek
Sublime Object of Ideology
Philosophy shit
The Story of Philosophy
Oxford Companion to Philosophy

these are just my paper copies, i don't really participate in the meatspace economy any more than i have to

when i was a conservative campaign guy in 2004 i would load up my mp3 player with noam chomsky lectures for the walk back and forth from the campaign office. so like noam chomsky would be droning on about how bush deserves to be charged with war crimes and i'd be like this guy's talking sense and then i'd write speeches to try to elect a conservative government. once the rate of car bombs in baghdad was enough to sound like a dubstep album i was pretty much convinced america was evil though.

aerdil posted:

also why people read chomsky as babby's first leftism despite his lack of any theoretical grounding

probably because he approvingly quotes marxist sources out of context

aerdil posted:

there's a lot of dorks who don't give a shit about theoretical grounding at least as first, I'd say the chomper is a good introduction to anti-imperialism for those sorts of people since he presents a general picture of how fucked up and evil american empire is in a way that you can't really argue or disagree with short of coming out in favour of fascism and genocide. also despite his stupid antileninism he manages to give the USSR a fairer shake than a lot of self proclaimed Marxists do. if you worry about having a sound ~theoretical grounding~ in trying to turn new people against capital/empire, there's a shitload of STEM dumbasses who'll just turn their brain off and get down with some fascist shit since it speaks to their sensibilities

he calls the USSR "basically a slave state" lol
the problem with Chomsky isnt that he has no theoretical grounding or whatever the fuck nerd shit yall are talking about its that he specifically appeals to young, idealistic, champing-at-the-bit college students who want to go out and change the world, outlines to them all these structural problems, and then provides them with zero, check 'em, ZERO actual solutions to any of the shit he just talked about. youd probably have more success getting people to change the world by hiring an actual imperialist to take his place and gloat about how hes "already won" until everyone listening just goes out and does their own whatever out of sheer righteous buttmad