im reading the amazing new contract for the amazing new job i've just been offered which has a mysterious clause to the effect that "employee shall neither seek nor receive any overtime pay" which appears to be illegal under provincial employment law hrrmmmery

corey posted:

wats a good book on the yugoslave wars. thank you

http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/post/252692/

haruomi hosono sports men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqdv032mFbg&noredirect=1

Petrol posted:

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

Petrol posted:

caliban and the witch owns. i should fix up the pdf thats floating around.

please

ive checked it out again, that pdf, and its pretty bad. so im going to get the actual book and do a fresh scan.

i got a copy at the library, and its marked to fuck. so im just gonna bite the bullet and buy a fresh copy and scan that, because it owns so much.

[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

i'm in the middle of boyhood island but i'm not sure if I'm going to continue or not. cue kneejerk response post about puberty here. even though the writing holds up in translation i can still think of like 15 better books i should be getting to instead of the remaining 1000 pages of autobiographical detail I have in store for me.

oh thats the third one? yeah i dunno. first one was enjoyable but not exactly mindblowing, second one im liking more than the first so far, it's good, but from what ive read he admits the quality kind of drops after that so im sorta just planning to stop after this one unless i get bored in a year or twol. maybe he rebounds in the final book?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I just got Terrorist Assemblages: Homonationalism in Queer Times by Jasbir Puar. Looking forward to reading about the imperialist consequences of homo-fascism in the first world in a systematic way.
[account deactivated]
That actually looks interesting though it's been a while since I put myself through reading some deleuzean stuff
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I gather the point is to challenge the assumption that the formal measures to normalize homosexuality in the US are indicative of 'progress' in the liberal sense, by showing how a new kind of patriotic homo is being constructed and put into the service of imperialism. Which seems an obvious point but one that bears articulating. Whether Puar does it well, I don't know, because I haven't read the book, but homonationalism has a nice ring to it I guess.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I liked the goatse but then you had to ruin it with that vulgar followup. A shame.

Petrol posted:

I gather the point is to challenge the assumption that the formal measures to normalize homosexuality in the US are indicative of 'progress' in the liberal sense, by showing how a new kind of patriotic homo is being constructed and put into the service of imperialism. Which seems an obvious point but one that bears articulating. Whether Puar does it well, I don't know, because I haven't read the book, but homonationalism has a nice ring to it I guess.

it's alright

i'm reading sloterdijk's you must change your life, then i'm gonna read his new book on macrospherology, then i'm going to commit seppuku
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

what is in that book. what could possibly be in that book

homonationalism in queer times

tpaine posted:

Petrol posted:

homo nationalism ....

homo nationalism ??

homo nationalism
t-paine had an aneurysm itt
anyway the book has been hugely influential, I would advise everyone to read it who is interested in imperialism, queer theory, and/or how race/gender/sexuality interact with and are overdetermined by capitalism in an actual revolutionary manner (i.e. not intersectionality)
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]