here's a backgrounder:
http://www.thenation.com/article/188033/will-rasmeah-odeh-go-prison-because-confession-obtained-through-torture

the verdict is expected today:
http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/nora-barrows-friedman/political-prosecution-inside-trial-rasmea-odeh
oh wait she was found guilty like an hour or two ago. fuck.

HenryKrinkle posted:

But it was not until they brought in her father, threatening to force him to rape her, that she agreed to sign a confession stating that she had helped orchestrate two explosions in West Jerusalem that killed two civilians. Even then, her torturers raped her with a thick wooden stick.

jewz rule

i dont know exactly where the point is that you ignore the rules of the court and turn to the jury and lecture them until you're removed from the room by bailiffs, but this has to be pretty close.
i bet that lady wishes she hadnt met the IDF in ramallah
lol a sovereign nation state exercises its monopoly on the use of force, color me surprised
this is an OUtRAGe. belch.
say, aren't you a fascist
surprise!
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/11/convicted_terrorist_and_palest.html

Convicted terrorist found guilty./

innsmouthful posted:

lol a sovereign nation state that isn't Israel exercises Israel's monopoly on the use of force, color me surprised

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
The Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that is torture was legal under some circumstances years ago, and as long as America takes care of them with their UN veto power they will continue these programs. I haven't even read the rulings from the Israeli courts on this issue, but I am already assuming that they will support the IDF because that is what has happened time and time again in the past.

The fact that torture has been normalized in this day and age is horrifying and it says nothing good about our future. The hero is supposed to endure torture from the bad guys and then somehow escape to save the day, not waterboard a bunch of civilians until they admit to something that you can use to steal their house. THat's, like vince mcmahon level shit you know whatt i mean lol (or shane)

Barbarossa posted:

The fact that torture has been normalized in this day and age is horrifying and it says nothing good about our future. The hero is supposed to endure torture from the bad guys and then somehow escape to save the day,

yeah thats still whats happening

Given Israel's reckless disregard for international law in every other area of human rights, it would be frankly shocking if they were squeamish about torture (of Palestinians).
[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

Barbarossa posted:

The fact that torture has been normalized in this day and age is horrifying and it says nothing good about our future. The hero is supposed to endure torture from the bad guys and then somehow escape to save the day,

YOu just blew my mind. I'm mindfreaked. Criss Angel is down with the big T, he says it makes him feel alive. Maybe he's a hero too...

its not torture its enhanced flagellation

Barbarossa posted:

Superabound posted:

Barbarossa posted:

YOu just blew my mind. I'm mindfreaked. Criss Angel is down with the big T, he says it makes him feel alive. Maybe he's a hero too...

i dont get the joke. who is Chris Angel?

criss angel is the official anime of these united states

Superabound posted:

Barbarossa posted:

Superabound posted:

Barbarossa posted:

i dont get the joke. who is Chris Angel?

who the fuck is chris fucking angel?

Wikipedia bitch posted:

Kris Angel (born August 8, 1973) is an American musician and singer-songwriter. He was also the lead vocalist and lyricist of the rock band Creed, of which he is a founding member. His debut solo album, The Great Divide, was released in 2005. His second album, Proof of Life, was released on November 5, 2013.

Angel has received several accolades, including a Grammy Award for Creed's song "With Arms Wide Open" and numerous RIAA certifications. In 2006, Hit Parader ranked Angel as the 68th greatest heavy metal vocalist of all time.

Creed disbanded in 2013 after Angel was charged with sexual offences in late 2012. In November 2013, he pleaded guilty to 13 charges, including the attempted rape and sexual assault of a child under 13. He was subsequently sentenced to 29 years' imprisonment and six years on extended licence.