you can't actually live off of government because it crowds out private investment in your personal brand
move to kolkata and leverage your first rate western economic education to establish and manage a financial endowment on behalf of the naxalites lal salam
bro don't even joke my entire plan in life is to find a six figure job in the oil sands and donate the majority of the money to various rural anti-poverty organizations in india

Edited by Bablu ()

i was talking to a cab driver the other day about his time in the oil patch. he said they constantly tried to make him do terribly dangerous stuff. he drove truck on the construction sites and such. it sounded cool.
my cousin went out there and ended up having to leave too.

getfiscal posted:

i was talking to a cab driver the other day about his time in the oil patch. he said they constantly tried to make him do terribly dangerous stuff. he drove truck on the construction sites and such. it sounded cool.

http://beatonna.tumblr.com/post/81993262830/here-is-a-sketch-comic-i-made-called-ducks-in

stegosaurus posted:

getfiscal posted:

http://beatonna.tumblr.com/post/81993262830/here-is-a-sketch-comic-i-made-called-ducks-in

Ducks is Extremely Good.

i worked on a oil field in texas for a few months it was fuked up. i made paper tho.
Today i overheard a conversation between my immediate manager and some other guy which revealed that while we dont have heat, we DO have an AC system that circulates in air from outside. 20 degree air from outside. Because otherwise the carbon monoxide fumes from all the forklifts would build up and slowly kill us all. I took this opportunity to interject about how it would make sense to switch all the forklifts from propane to compressed air engines, because not only do they produce literally zero emissions, being used in a forklift you would sidestep all the downsides associated with compressed-air powered automobiles (no long distance travel, no chance of high-speed collision), plus the the lifting forks are already utilizing pneumatics so its a perfect fit. He looked at me like i was from outer space so i decided not to tell him about my other idea, which was for him to turn off all the fans and let us die

Superabound posted:

Today i overheard a conversation between my immediate manager and some other guy which revealed that while we dont have heat, we DO have an AC system that circulates in air from outside. 20 degree air from outside. Because otherwise the carbon monoxide fumes from all the forklifts would build up and slowly kill us all. I took this opportunity to interject about how it would make sense to switch all the forklifts from propane to compressed air engines, because not only do they produce literally zero emissions, being used in a forklift you would sidestep all the downsides associated with compressed-air powered automobiles (no long distance travel, no chance of high-speed collision), plus the the lifting forks are already utilizing pneumatics so its a perfect fit. He looked at me like i was from outer space so i decided not to tell him about my other idea, which was for him to turn off all the fans and let us die

Superabound posted:

the carbon monoxide fumes from all the forklifts would build up and slowly kill us all

rip UNREALTOURNAMENTWARRIOR

Superabound posted:

lol your never getting promoted

electric forklifts are already a thing aren't they. not that the compressed air thing isn't a good diea but like jesus christ they're ruynning combustion engines indoors lol that's unacceptable

chickeon posted:

electric forklifts are already a thing aren't they. not that the compressed air thing isn't a good diea but like jesus christ they're ruynning combustion engines indoors lol that's unacceptable

they've been doing that forever, have you never been in a remotely industrial building

[account deactivated]
all the motorized stuff in the ones i've been in is all like bbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvt and zzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeerp or havy stuff like balers an shit be liek rweuuugnnngggghhssrrchhhhhhhrrrrhchhrhc, never heard smelt seen or heard fucin Engines burnin dang ol fuel?? just electric/pneumatic/hydraulic shit ime. what kinda buildings should i hang out in to be breathin poison
[account deactivated]
that propane smell dog
[account deactivated]

RBC posted:

lol your never getting promoted

ive figured out that everyone here quits long before theres any chance of them being promoted. the guy with the most seniority doing what i do has only been working here 8 months lol

chickeon posted:

the best part is when one of the trucks sitting at the open loading dock 10 feet from me sits idling his engine and i get bathed in the simultaneously lifegiving and lifetaking warm, noxious diesel exhaust

chickeon posted:

all the motorized stuff in the ones i've been in is all like bbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvt and zzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeerp or havy stuff like balers an shit be liek rweuuugnnngggghhssrrchhhhhhhrrrrhchhrhc, never heard smelt seen or heard fucin Engines burnin dang ol fuel?? just electric/pneumatic/hydraulic shit ime. what kinda buildings should i hang out in to be breathin poison

wait actually the BEST best part is that the company "prides" itself in being a Tobacco-Free Environment and we're forced to drive completely off of company property to smoke a cigarette

getting your buzz from industrial solvents is cost effective and much more marxist than purchasing cigarettes
is this distro centre in the midwest??
nope, the South. proximity to the vestiges of institutional slavery is a real cost-saver
we never even opened the door to the loading bay until they had their engine off

Superabound posted:

"Still had the idea though." -Wallaz
Hey Mr. Compressed Air. You the bomb. We savin niggas from carbon monoxide poisoning so fast they have time to die from other workplace injuries. So I'm gonna write my Baptist-ass name on this fat-ass check for you.

Edited by swampman ()

Edited by wasted ()

[account deactivated]

chickeon posted:

we never even opened the door to the loading bay until they had their engine off

yeah generally we keep the doors closed as much as we can to keep from literally freezing to death but we have to open them in the morning to grab empty pallets and whenever randos show up to pick up their special shipments that i have nothing to do with (probably drugs), and every night during the mad rush to cram every last box in that motherfucker into the back of a truck and get the hell out while the driver sits idling in the cab with his heater on full blast the entire time as my telomeres wither to nothing

fcking hate rando drivers...
i hate all drivers
sit down, rando
Thirsty Rando is the name of my MC in my hardboiled steampunk NaNoWriMo detective novel
[account deactivated]
Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy

stegosaurus posted:

fcking hate rando drivers...

its always either a really nice old black man or a super skinny pockmarked white guy who is obviously a crystal meth addict (who is also really nice)

happy meaningless consumption day everyone. it happens every day but this one is special. thanks for posting
[account deactivated]
why isnt there a white friday