whoops wrong thread. wotev
i will 100% guarantee you that there are tools specifically designed for keyword searches across Tor
using tor might be good for certain reasons but it will not protect you from intelligence agencies, police agencies or the people they hire
actual images of precursor to tor network:

daddyholes posted:

i will 100% guarantee you that there are tools specifically designed for keyword searches across Tor

let me elaborate on this in a structural way rather than letting it lie there because it for sure is not a secret. this is a thorny problem which i only know the faintest thing about because i know someone who works in hadoop making databases used in test cases for these sorts of tools. he doesn't do it for the feds or anything of course, he does it for private companies because it's useful for them for doing the same thing that just happened to these file sites. for the feds you have to look at the big companies doing things like this which are ibm and accenture, and their competitors. these companies have entire little wings dedicated to federal consulting work with separate career tracks through them. almost all of this is extremely boring shit, like payment cards for the HHS cafeteria or advising USDA to fire a certain number of inspectors to improve morale or whatever. but these businesses are client-oriented, with teams run by people with personal relationships at the client so you have people who are dedicated to USAF, FBI, DoD, etc and those people generally worked in the agencies beforehand or have built their whole careers at one or two companies by working with the same agency or group of agencies. so what that also means is that a lot of people at high levels in these various consulting companies are spooks and that there are probably at least a couple C-level executives with ultraviolet Blade Runner security clearances, some of whom never "worked for the government".

in effect these companies are the United States government, at least the part of it that cares the most about you as an individual from the SSA to the NSA. but they're also the people behind the obamacare state insurance exchanges so i wouldn't give up just yet, 20 million other edward snowdens may yet emerge.

these are also the exact same companies and people that crafted the structure of russian capitalism immediately following the collapse of the Soviet Union, that is, the people who planned the heist. for more consult the work of Mark Ames concerning consultant-only mixer picnics in parks in Moscow where they check you for an American passport before they admit you to the grounds.
navytrap=partyvan
[account deactivated]
it's in the book by Taibbi and Ames, The eXile: Sex, Drugs, and Libel in the New Russia, they even reproduce the invitation iirc, i'll try to dig up my copy today and post the pages
[account deactivated]
Hahaha yeah, that's the one
yeah no one involved in any kind of organizing should ever rely entirely on technology for security or privacy. all those technofetishist clickbait articles about how whatever new app or protocol is the cool new hip way for activists to evade the surveillance state exist to create false confidence in practices that will get you burned every time.
the "hacktivists" creating these tools at least come from (and keep up with) the same circles and often are the exact same persons as the consultants and analysts described above
[account deactivated]
scanner is down but here you go

off the top of my head looking at those sponsors for consulting firms, there's Arthur Andersen (part of which would spin off as Andersen Consulting, renamed Accenture before AA collapsed after Enron, although AA would continue to do consulting until it fell apart), Clearwater, Credit Suisse, KPMG, and Wackenhut. all of these companies do more than just consulting of course, like accounting or executing civilians in back alleys, and it's possible that other companies on there also provided consultants to russia in the late 1990s even though they are better known for other products and services. all of the big 5 were there as well as IBM, Nortel and some others. they all have absolutely gigantic operations in russia right now.
rhizzone: the picnic analyzers
oh yeah Oracle too. theyre pretty satanic.

getfiscal posted:

rhizzone: the picnic analyzers

well if you're still looking for a job man, maybe go to one of their picnics, and tell them you have an econ degree & speak ukrainian, and sort of babble at them for a little bit with a lot of "dn" and "zh" and 7 months later you could be at an even bigger picnic, sitting next to Bill Colgate-Palmolive

shriekingviolet posted:

yeah no one involved in any kind of organizing should ever rely entirely on technology for security or privacy. all those technofetishist clickbait articles about how whatever new app or protocol is the cool new hip way for activists to evade the surveillance state exist to create false confidence in practices that will get you burned every time.
the "hacktivists" creating these tools at least come from (and keep up with) the same circles and often are the exact same persons as the consultants and analysts described above

it's part of my secret plan to create the perfect internet history to convert NSA spies to freedom fighters. its all part of the plan, man...

daddyholes posted:

the NSA flags all web content containing the phrase "lf for life"

Two nervous, trenchcoated men sit simultaneously on a bus stop bench in the light afternoon rain. After a brief, but weighty silence, one man inquires of the other, "Why did the p`g sh'd fuckre cross the road?". The second man tonelessly replies , "Because you touch yourself at night."

No one notices each man take the other's suitcase as they get up to leave. No one was even looking.

daddyholes posted:

daddyholes posted:

let me elaborate on this in a structural way rather than letting it lie there because it for sure is not a secret. this is a thorny problem which i only know the faintest thing about because i know someone who works in hadoop making databases used in test cases for these sorts of tools. he doesn't do it for the feds or anything of course, he does it for private companies because it's useful for them for doing the same thing that just happened to these file sites. for the feds you have to look at the big companies doing things like this which are ibm and accenture, and their competitors. these companies have entire little wings dedicated to federal consulting work with separate career tracks through them. almost all of this is extremely boring shit, like payment cards for the HHS cafeteria or advising USDA to fire a certain number of inspectors to improve morale or whatever. but these businesses are client-oriented, with teams run by people with personal relationships at the client so you have people who are dedicated to USAF, FBI, DoD, etc and those people generally worked in the agencies beforehand or have built their whole careers at one or two companies by working with the same agency or group of agencies. so what that also means is that a lot of people at high levels in these various consulting companies are spooks and that there are probably at least a couple C-level executives with ultraviolet Blade Runner security clearances, some of whom never "worked for the government".

in effect these companies are the United States government, at least the part of it that cares the most about you as an individual from the SSA to the NSA. but they're also the people behind the obamacare state insurance exchanges so i wouldn't give up just yet, 20 million other edward snowdens may yet emerge.

this, for the most part, corroborates my experience as well. the only thing i would add is that the State enforces the law.

Superabound posted:

Two nervous, trenchcoated men sit simultaneously on a bus stop bench in the light afternoon rain. After a brief, but weighty silence, one man inquires of the other, "Why did the p`g sh'd fuckre cross the road?". The second man tonelessly replies , "Because you touch yourself at night."

No one notices each man take the other's suitcase as they get up to leave. No one was even looking.

please dont post excerpts from SPOOKS i have not received my press copy yet

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cops-shot-execution-style-in-brooklyn/

two cops shot and killed in Bk as 'revenge' for Eric Garner, Post says
children of the dorn

peepaw posted:

lol

UPDATE - 9:30 p.m.: Former New York Governor George Pataki has posted a message on his verified Twitter account blaming Mayor de Blasio and Attorney General Eric Holder for the deadly shooting, calling the killings "a predictable outcome" of their "divisive anti-cop rhetoric."

lmfao
yeah i had to ride like 3 blocks west out of my way and 3 blocks back just to get home from work cause of that. it was very much not my sh'd.

i will live blog as my neighborhood becomes the second front of the martial law police state after st louis for more info visit thestuywalker.wordpress.com

Superabound posted:

stranded in the combat zone, i walked through bedford-stuy alone
*sung at the entirety of the police brutality movement* you may be right, i may be crazy, but it just might be a lunatic you're lookin for.... turn out the lights, don't try to save me... you may be wrong but for all i know you may be right...
lol a fat goon kills Liu and Ramos to escape his chronic wayne brady vibe
Whose Crime Is It Anyway?

Petrol posted:

Whose Crime Is It Anyway?

where the rules are made up, & the point is that it doesn't matter

Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta....righteously liberate his fellow countrymen from the oppressive fascist Enemy which dwells within its very borders?
that guy looks absolutely nothing like wayne brady

daddyholes posted:

that guy looks absolutely nothing like wayne brady

he said vibe.

he's right he looks more like Bunk from the wire