littlegreenpills posted:

aerdil posted:

even if she was 100% correct on everything she said i'd still be turned off by her obviously manipulative and base presentation. but of course a person with some integrity wouldn't portray herself in an oversexualized manner in the first place for the sweet sweet viewcounts

yeah how come you need boobs before anyone will pay attention to you #mensrights

quit strawmanning, my boobs are quite corpulent and yet no one pays attention to my views

[account deactivated]
if it gets me horney shes oversexualizing herself. fairly straightforward tbqh.

conec posted:

aerdil posted:

even if she was 100% correct on everything she said i'd still be turned off by her obviously manipulative and base presentation. but of course a person with some integrity wouldn't portray herself in an oversexualized manner in the first place for the sweet sweet viewcounts

how does she portray herself in an oversexualized manner, exactly? she talks to her webcam the same way every other vlogger does. you`re so insane

i don't want to police the way someone dresses or whatever but come the fuck on. she frames the shot in an explicitly suggestive way. i mean it's nothing new considering major media like fox news or huffington post videos do the same thing in a more or less subtle way with their female talking heads. but it's not like every vlogger does it unless theyre aiming at the same thing.

Edited by aerdil ()

but sure nevermind i retract what i say, i'm crazy to think she intentionally dresses and speaks in a sexualized way to get more views, she's a professional woman with a demeanor i'd expect to see in any feminist blog (except of course she just happens to share the views of male gamers in gamergate)

[account deactivated]
sorry i forgot i was trying to argue with the person who literally uses a similar aesthetic in their own posting on this very forum
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

sorry i forgot i was trying to argue with the person who literally uses a similar aesthetic in their own posting on this very forum

???

idgi

cultivating a posting aesthetic/brand is hard work but it pays of
which Supernatural character should i 'ship with Syria Girl. I've never seen an episode of Supernatural, for reference

aerdil posted:

but sure nevermind i retract what i say, i'm crazy to think she intentionally dresses and speaks in a sexualized way to get more views, she's a professional woman with a demeanor i'd expect to see in any feminist blog (except of course she just happens to share the views of male gamers in gamergate)

there is nothing "sexualized" about this picture. i guess xher makeup is heavy but a lot of people do that without thinking about it when they are, you know, getting ready for their popular vlog shoot.

Edited by swampman ()

I'm sure there are a lot of nerds who wish xhe would fuck them, and I'm sure xhe makes a ton of money off those nerds, and I'm sure criticism of xher lifestyle in that regard is subreformist
she seems like a pleasant woman and i'm sure she wouldn't want us to be talking behind her back. someone buy her an account.

swampman posted:

i guess xher makeup is heavy

take it to the cosmetics megathread

[account deactivated]
aerdil i think you just find her attractive and that makes you resentful

littlegreenpills posted:

aerdil i think you just find her attractive and that makes you resentful

that's why i torture flies. i want o have sex with them but i'm 5.3 million times more massive than they are

maybe im just cynical but considering the few vlogs ive skimmed of hers always seem to frame the shot to emphasize her body, combined with gamergate opinions that align with the typical misogynistic nerd view, it seems obvious to me that her whole aesthetic is constructed with the male nerd demographic in mind. its like media studies 101. but whatever, sure, i just want fuck, thats it.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
aerdil may i humbly submit that what you describe as deliberate design by an intelligent creator is merely selection pressure on natural variation

swampman posted:

i guess xher makeup is heavy

she's an arab woman. of course she has heavy makeup. aks yahoo answers:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090820173515AA4CraD

yw

gyrofry posted:

take it to the cosmetics megathread

final warning shitbirds

aerdil posted:

maybe im just cynical but considering the few vlogs ive skimmed of hers always seem to frame the shot to emphasize her body, combined with gamergate opinions that align with the typical misogynistic nerd view, it seems obvious to me that her whole aesthetic is constructed with the male nerd demographic in mind.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

whoa whoa post source

guidoanselmi posted:

whoa whoa post source

https://medium.com/matter/the-last-laugh-9530599702b5

obligatory fuck memri but that video is v proclick.

so it's been a week since my site soft launched. apparently it went viral in greece which, uh, skews my data set but all the better. I think the first study we'll be doing is comparative psychometrics of Americans vs Non-Americans because how of heavy the international influence is on our dataset.

our real press release will go out *later*, so i wrote a thing that no one will read about how no one should use my product for the results.

http://www.blog.nanaya.co/?p=92

Edited by guidoanselmi ()

guidoanselmi posted:

so it's been a week since my site soft launched. apparently it went viral in greece which, uh, skews my data set but all the better. I think the first study we'll be doing is comparative psychometrics of Americans vs Non-Americans because how of heavy the international influence is on our dataset.

well that blog post will be written tomorrow. i've mostly finished the analysis but need to spin it to be clickbait (i.e. the post will be 'which nation is the best lover' using some metrics weighting various psychometrics for short-term and long-term relationships).

so i'm starting to analyze a pretty remarkable dataset. already been some interesting insights:

so agnostic, atheist, catholic, and christian are the major distributions there. -100 is more analytical vs more intuitive (which is +100). almost identical. did NOT expect that. don't know if there's really sufficient data to drill down to country which they might start to diverge. once i get a bit more data, this'll certainly be a blog post.

a lot of interesting gender & orientation stuff, too. i havent looked at how career/race impacts stuff because that's a bit of a shit show because of how they're implemented. re: orientation, I certainly need more respondents for there to be real insights in the orientation results.

so, uh, rhizzone, if you have any pet psychology/sociology theories you wanna see validated with my dataset feel free to request away. best way to see what's in the data set is to take the personality test - i can assess for whatever fields you fill out: www.nanaya.co/twitter (twitter is just to expedite a mouse click for you)

Did my first terrible comparative psych/click-bait study: www.blog.nanaya.co/?p=113

~sigh~
i took the surveys. doing my part.
today i read twitter & i found out that for the next couple weeks i'm not supposed to read in public, or i'm not supposed to allow the cover of a book to be visible even if there's no table in front of me, or something like that, if i don't want strangers to take secret pictures of me and post them on the internet. i thought everyone here would want to know the new rules. i understand the anti-pseudo sentiment of not holding the cover up like a sign at the airport but in most of these pictures the person is holding the book like a normal person trying to read a flat surface.
good luck reading a smart phone should supply your material
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

today i read twitter & i found out that for the next couple weeks i'm not supposed to read in public, or i'm not supposed to allow the cover of a book to be visible even if there's no table in front of me, or something like that, if i don't want strangers to take secret pictures of me and post them on the internet. i thought everyone here would want to know the new rules. i understand the anti-pseudo sentiment of not holding the cover up like a sign at the airport but in most of these pictures the person is holding the book like a normal person trying to read a flat surface.

A Twitter,

*uploads one picture of young woman reading Wuthering Heights captioned "ayyyy lmao"*

****39372373937 remaining electronic burps careen nigh instanteous thru the mists of avalon then reconstitute in planar form "NYC peepreel, 2/2015(THE BONUS MONTH)****

Edited by TheIneff ()

twitter is crap.