what if he actually is an anime
i always assume everyone looks like their avatars
dont ban anyone imo.

gyrofry posted:

i always assume everyone looks like their avatars

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

PLANO, Texas (CNN/KTVT) — Some Texas gun owners decided to stage a re-enactment of the Charlie Hebdo office massacre. They wanted to see what might have happened if the victims had their own guns. Two actors playing gunmen enter quietly. They’re on a set designed to look like the offices of Charlie Hebdo in Paris. But unlike the terrorist attack that killed 12 people, in this exercise, volunteers are taking turns in the role of an armed civilian inside.

“He started shooting, and I started shooting,” said gun owner Linda Cruz.

Time and time again, that armed civilian dies — shot by a round that marks him or her with paint. In only two cases, they were able to take out one of two gunmen in the process.

“It’s interesting to see how people react under stress,” said gun owner Nick Leghorn. “It’s not what you’d expect people do.”

A group called The Truth About Guns organized the simulation, hoping to learn how things might have been different in Paris — or any other mass shooting.

“It’s the one people are Monday-morning-quarterbacking at the moment,” said Leghorn.

Parks Matthew is a father of four and was curious to see what instinct would kick in.

“If I’m in a movie theater and someone pulls a gun, what am I going to do?” he said. “I know now I’m not going to just fall on my kids and protect them; I need to advance on the threat.”

He walked away armed with a little more information.

“Still got killed, but did better than I thought I would,” said Matthew.

In the end, only one of the 12 volunteer victims in the exercise survived. And it was because she ran away. No one was able to take out both mock shooters.
Nick "Foghorn" Leghorn
Why is there only one potential victim carrying a firearm? The Charlie Hebdo office had a lot of people, twelve died. Put at least twelve folks at computers with big paintball guns on their laps, let those terrorists sneak in, and see how many people they get before they're taken out. Then we'll talk. Also, how, if you have two people sneaking up with guns, hunting down a single prey, does anyone escape by running away? Oh, right, because this exercise was carried out by a liberal group called "The Truth About Guns." Edit: Just looked it up, and they're an extreme pro-gun outfit.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30835625 posted:

Speaking to journalists flying with him to the Philippines, Pope Francis said last week's attacks were an "aberration", and such horrific violence in God's name could not be justified.

He staunchly defended freedom of expression, but then he said there were limits, especially when people mocked religion.

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched," he said, throwing a pretend punch at the doctor, who was standing beside him.

"You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit."

there was a cop in their office at the time i think. i don't know if he had a gun. i'm not going to investigate this post further.
Just finished reading A Theological Basis for the Organization of Ontological Thought: A view from inside my Ass and it's a real mind bender. Oh I see you have a first edition because you're also the author? Well here's a forward to put in your next reprint: fuck you!!!

Note to the prospective and actual authors on the Rhizzone, please do not attempt self harm over this joke post as the forum can ill afford to lose more posters like bongknower1984, MarxistMario, or HenryKrinkle.
Leninist Luigi marches on
RIP JewWario

notciaNOTjew posted:

Just finished reading A Theological Basis for the Organization of Ontological Thought: A view from inside my Ass and it's a real mind bender. Oh I see you have a first edition because you're also the author? Well here's a forward to put in your next reprint: fuck you!!!

Note to the prospective and actual authors on the Rhizzone, please do not attempt self harm over this joke post as the forum can ill afford to lose more posters like bongknower1984, MarxistMario, or HenryKrinkle.

that's what's fun about this forum you jackanape, people can bullshit and take funny positions and no one starts demanding footnotes.

“Still got killed, but did better than I thought I would,” said Matthew.
edit double post???????????/

Edited by Meursault ()

HenryKrinkle posted:

this thread

getfiscal posted:

notciaNOTjew posted:

that's what's fun about this forum you jackanape, people can bullshit and take funny positions and no one starts demanding footnotes.

Going to be fairly pissed about this interpretation of a backhanded joke as soon as I figure out what a jackanape is

An anti-Charlie Hebdo cartoon in Echorouk, an Algerian newspaper, playing on char, French for “tank”: a tank with the sign “I am tank” is shown crushing “Gaza,” “Mali,” “Syria,” and “Iraq,” January 14, 2015.
this isn't the mali thread tho
maybe if you child weirdos took my advice about joining organizations and actually doing something, you wouldn't have anime disease of the mind
when is Clown Fucka Boyz open registration?

Crow posted:

you wouldn't have anime disease of the mind