whats the official german story of the red army in WW2?

they cant afford to ignore it like hollwood (i hope), & presumably they're a bit better than the baltic 'dual holocaust' line

xipe posted:

whats the official german story of the red army in WW2?

they cant afford to ignore it like hollwood (i hope), & presumably they're a bit better than the baltic 'dual holocaust' line

a comrade has a 1983 atlas printed in west germany and the areas around poland and the baltic are labeled as german but say 'under soviet occupation'

Watch the courageous journey of a man's coming to terms with his own dementia. Harrowing, Groundbreaking, VICE
So the "Defend Novorossiya" tshirt I ordered one night when I was drunk finally arrived. It's pretty cool I guess. I got a bunch of Novorossiya/Antimaidan stickers too, and they threw in an adorable little Kharkov People's Republic badge. Nice.

Petrol posted:

So the "Defend Novorossiya" tshirt I ordered one night when I was drunk finally arrived. It's pretty cool I guess. I got a bunch of Novorossiya/Antimaidan stickers too, and they threw in an adorable little Kharkov People's Republic badge. Nice.

link? pics?

http://defendnovorossiya.bigcartel.com/
[account deactivated]
and also did u order this
guys, guys! come on

[account deactivated]

conec posted:

Petrol posted:

lol. no. bcos i`m not a neo-nazi. u`re the one who bought a shirt w/ a totenkopf on it n wore it to school xDDDD

[account deactivated]
are the random backwards letters supposed to make it look like it's in cyrillic if you've never seen cyrillic before?

discipline posted:

what color did you get it in? one of my bosses is georgian and so anti-russian I'm too scared to wear my st. george cross ribbon around him

red

postposting posted:

are the random backwards letters supposed to make it look like it's in cyrillic if you've never seen cyrillic before?

lol

Уэs тнат's τче idэа.
I would get my own Donetsk Peoples Republic flag but Im worried people would think it was the confederate flag

swirlsofhistory was probated until (July 24, 2015 16:51:27) for this post!

Is it bad that when I read that now, I almost think to myself those people are not that much of an improvement?
no that is good and the truth and a sign of rational thought and effective analysis and a harbinger of an eventual alcohol related mortality
all hail our king, the almighy bottle

Petrol posted:

and also did u order this
http://i.ur.com/mJXoHAs.jpg

if she didnt, i will!

UpyAR0t0wpQ

warfare is now characterized by memes. this is the 2010s folks,
[account deactivated]
deloitte q1 economic outlook/propaganda report came out. here's what they said on russia:

1) russia "desperately needs sanctions to be lifted...but this will only happen if policymakers take steps to engage with the West"
2) ruble declined 40% during 2014 as sanctions choked russia
3) BoR has spent about a hundred billion USD in reserves and gold as a result
4) BoR raised key rate to 17.0 and deregulated banks
5) "ironically" the BoR is dedicated to price stability but prices aren't stable due to rampant inflation, ironically
6) russia is extra bad compared to other countries because it responds to sanctions with its own "tit for tat" sanctions
7) russian capitalists have been blocked from foreign debt markets and are borrowing from the russian government instead
8) the russian government had to raid its pension fund to cover it
9) medium and small russian companies are getting absolutely destroyed by sanctions, even though they aren't targeted by them according to the letter of the law, because U.S. and European lenders are treating all russians as untermenschen and won't lend to any of them
10) the russian government can't balance its budget unless oil goes to $100 a barrel
11) sinking oil prices are even worse for russia because rule changes by the U.S. have made it impossible for russia to import new technology for petroleum exploitation

in conclusion
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2015/02/24/u-s-military-vehicles-paraded-300-yards-from-the-russian-border/?tid=pm_pop
Got to love the Russian-Chinese penchant for pointedly inverting Brzezinski's geopolitical paradigm:
"Qu Xing, China's ambassador to Belgium, said the Ukrainian crisis came about due to the ongoing “game”– a metaphor similar to that used by US geopolitical strategist Zbigniew Brzezinski, who referred to it as the “grand chessboard” – between Russia and the West, which has not abated despite, or because of, the collapse of the Soviet Union."

http://rt.com/news/236127-china-russia-west-ukraine/
South Front reported the domain of Kiev's JIDF-style group was reg'd in the US yesterday, so I checked it today and they're masked behind a privacy company in australia. http://www.ip-tracker.org/lookup/whois-lookup.php?query=i-army.org

Urbandale posted:

South Front reported the domain of Kiev's JIDF-style group was reg'd in the US yesterday, so I checked it today and they're masked behind a privacy company in australia. http://www.ip-tracker.org/lookup/whois-lookup.php?query=i-army.org

you can type anything into those fields, no one checks them, there's no regulations

[account deactivated]
i wonder whats happened to that ukrainian girl who looks like a anime amidst all this
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
placeholder
Shortly after taking over, Xi asked, “Why did the Soviet Communist Party collapse?” and declared, “It’s a profound lesson for us.” Chinese scholars had studied that puzzle from dozens of angles, but Xi wanted more. “In 2009, he commissioned a long study of the Soviet Union from somebody who works in the policy-research office,” the diplomat in Beijing told me. “It concluded that the rot started under Brezhnev. In the paper, the guy cited a joke: Brezhnev brings his mother to Moscow. He proudly shows her the state apartments at the Kremlin, his Zil limousine, and the life of luxury he now lives. ‘Well, what do you think, Mama,’ says Brezhnev. ‘You’ll never have to worry about a thing, ever again.’ ‘I’m so proud of you, Leonid Ilyich,’ says Mama, ‘but what happens if the Communists find out?’ Xi loved the story.” Xi reserved special scorn for Gorbachev, for failing to defend the Party against its opponents, and told his colleagues, “Nobody was man enough to stand up and resist.”

The year after Xi took office, cadres were required to watch a six-part documentary on the Soviet Union’s collapse, which showed violent scenes of unrest and described an American conspiracy to topple Communism through “peaceful evolution”: the steady infiltration of subversive Western political ideas. Ever since the early aughts, when “color revolutions” erupted in the former Soviet bloc, Chinese Communists have cited the risk of contagion as a reason to constrict political life. That fear was heightened by a surge of unrest in Tibet in 2008, in Xinjiang in 2009, and across the Arab world in 2011. Last September, when pro-democracy protests erupted in Hong Kong, an opinion piece in the Global Times, a state-run daily, accused the National Endowment for Democracy and the C.I.A. of being “black hands” behind the unrest, intent on “stimulating Taiwanese independence, Xinjiang independence, and Tibetan independence.” (The U.S. denied involvement.)
http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/30/investing/ukraine-soros-billion-russia/index.html?iid=HP_LN

CNN posted:

George Soros has long called for the West to pump billions into Ukraine. Now he says he's ready to walk the talk.

The veteran hedge fund investor told an Austrian newspaper he was prepared to invest $1 billion in the collapsing war-ravaged economy under certain circumstances.

"There are concrete investment ideas, for example in agriculture and infrastructure projects. I would put in $1 billion," he told Der Standard. "This must generate a profit. My foundation would benefit from this, not me personally."

lol