[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol is it distressing to you that conventional free market liberal capitalism is still more attractive to brown people around the world than Islamo-Communism and probably always will be?
arent brazillians supposed to be hot

FSAD posted:

lol is it distressing to you that conventional free market liberal capitalism is still more attractive to brown people around the world than Islamo-Communism and probably always will be?

to be fair, there are billions of what you call "brown people" who are dedicated followers of beliefs like islam, astrology, ancestor worship, magicks (both white and black) and such.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

once again goat is disappointed when he clicks on a thread with pictures of a young boy and they aren't hot.

getfiscal posted:

FSAD posted:
to be fair, there are billions of what you call "brown people" who are dedicated followers of beliefs like islam, astrology, ancestor worship, magicks (both white and black) and such.

I seriously doubt there are billions of brown people, in my day to day life I rarely see even one

FSAD posted:

I seriously doubt there are billions of brown people, in my day to day life I rarely see even one

most of them only have dumbphones and eat with their fingers so you're not missing anything

getfiscal posted:

FSAD posted:

Not to mention all the 'brown people' in Brazil who voted for Lula and Rousseff.

'Conventional free market liberal capitalism'

FSAD posted:

did you stop doing your friends thread because that guy said it was bad

FSAD posted:

*inhales deeply* i know this vintage. gbs... wait, d&d. arab spring. 2011, definitely 2011.

discipline posted:

Fuller go easy on the pepsi

aw he's so cute, he thinks he's white
[account deactivated]
dispo i found one of the buttons you sent me today.

it says

SUB
VER
SION
[account deactivated]
wow.
SUB
VIR
GIN

getfiscal posted:

once again goat is disappointed when he clicks on a thread with pictures of a young boy and they aren't hot.

stop owning me getfiscal.

it's good to see not all youth have given up on reading. myself I was a librarians assistant in secondary school, way to go kiddo

littlegreenpills posted:

aw he's so cute, he thinks he's white

over here he is. white american leftists deciding who is non-white/ POC is not much different from neonazis saying greeks, italians or spaniards aren't white when it suits whatever weird rhetorical aim they're going for at that particular second. the difference is the leftist's one drop rule comes off as more autisticly racist (also gay)

sorry but white people get to decide who's white
white liberal rightwingers used to try to sound all faggy european or progressive/modern in an american way but they only came off as really out of touch with the average day to day reality when trying to sound like some cosmopolitan citizen of the world. But white leftists trying to sound like american race fetishists comes off as even more like some out of touch gringo-minded "my house in miami" gaylord

"no you see my old friend of 20 years who i always thought of as white until the most recent batch of tumblr posts, the latest and most modern in gringo thought rightly characterizes you as a "POC" because we have to use the thinking of a caricature of a racist from 1890s american south as our point of reference forever. You see, underneath it all you're still just a nigger in thsi world. im totally pwning your race and we must do something about it, its like you cant ever escape my neverending victory, im so raping you, we must stop this inferior status of yours. be more like my american gangsta waifu"
12+ seems to work okay and makes historical sense
a lot of tumblr-types take pains to specify "anti-blackness" as a distinct and severe form of racial oppression that other PoC can't really relate to. they even have an acronym "NBPoC" for "non-black people of color."
it sounds like you're saying they're wrong, when they're right

HenryKrinkle posted:

a lot of tumblr-types take pains to specify "anti-blackness" as a distinct and severe form of racial oppression that other PoC can't really relate to. they even have an acronym "NBPoC" for "non-black people of color."

That makes sense to me. How do honorary whites like Arabs and Desi relate to actual black oppression? And East Asians who call themselves "POC" must feel funny. But that concept only exists for fussy academia types anyway.

I think Prospero was having a stroke and I don't understand what he's saying, but it's not about left or right, that kid just isn't white and the Brazilian whites wouldn't recognize him as white.

Cheers.

stop living on the internet or youll think brazillians think this guy is not white because americans dont think he is

c_man posted:

sorry about that.

it's just that a lot of ppl on twitter often use the "anti-blackness" allegation to beat down harsh criticisms of Obama or comparisons of the Palestinian struggle with the US black Civil Rights movement. so, instead of confronting the racism of Arab-American grocers in Detroit or anti-black pogroms in Libya, they would rather pile on Palestinian solidarity activists for bizarre reasons.

despite that blatant abuse of the framework, it is largely a correct one.

HenryKrinkle posted:

c_man posted:

sorry about that.

it's just that a lot of ppl on twitter often use the "anti-blackness" allegation to beat down harsh criticisms of Obama or comparisons of the Palestinian struggle with the US black Civil Rights movement. so, instead of confronting the racism of Arab-American grocers in Detroit or anti-black pogroms in Libya, they would rather pile on Palestinian solidarity activists for bizarre reasons.

despite that blatant abuse of the framework, it is largely a correct one.

yeah i mean i basically agree

austrohungary was better than prussia, scrub
that boy ain't white *rubs back of neck*
Welcome to beautiful Brazil, where we grade whiteness on a pretty steep curve

dipshit420 posted:

As the Prussians Retreat during the Battle of Krone

Frederick the Great: Rascals, do you want to live forever?

Random Grenadier: Fritz, for eight pence, this has been enough for today!

Welcome to beautiful Brazil, where we grade whiteness on a pretty steep curve

welcome to the top of the bell curve!!

in brazil, "white" is defined not by the color of your skin, but by the numbers on your tax return....also everywhere else