GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The University of Florida is investigating allegations that members of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity spat at a group of disabled military veterans last weekend at a resort in Panama City Beach.

About 60 veterans who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan were also attending a retreat which has been held twice a year for the last six years at the resort. Cope started the event in honor of her son Joshua, who lost both legs in Baghdad in 2006 when a roadside bomb exploded under his Humvee.

One letter to Fuchs described students spitting on veterans, throwing beer bottles over a balcony and ripping flags off their cars.

Cope said she believes the students knew they were insulting veterans because the guests were wearing caps and T-shirts indicating they are veterans.

"They knew who they were and they were just getting a kick out of it," she said. "It is heartbreaking for a mom with a son who sacrificed so much for their freedom."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/04/24/florida-fraternity-zeta-beta-tau-accused-of-spitting-on-wounded-vets

i support whoever is making this push to radicalize our nation's drunken frat boys

Let's talk about frats. I think frats are essentially the last locus of student power on the modern college campus and they're being systemically targeted for removal by administrations. I also think those cheeseburger swilling rich kid surfer bros are some real fuckers.
no fuchs were given
sources are also reporting that they peed on the american flag

red salute gawrp!

Keven posted:

I think frats are essentially the last locus of student power on the modern college campus and they're being systemically targeted for removal by administrations.

depends

[account deactivated]

Keven posted:

Let's talk about frats. I think frats are essentially the last locus of student power on the modern college campus and they're being systemically targeted for removal by administrations.

this is like saying that police unions are the last locus of organized worker power and are therefore being targeted for removal

The story left out the part where the frat boy yelled about how meaningless and parasitic all of our lives are over Yes being played at a deafening volume
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

Keven posted:

Let's talk about frats. I think frats are essentially the last locus of student power on the modern college campus and they're being systemically targeted for removal by administrations.

this is like saying that police unions are the last locus of organized worker power and are therefore being targeted for removal

It's not like saying that.

Keven posted:

c_man posted:

Keven posted:

It's not like saying that.

when you said "targeted for removal" did you mean the generally promoted trope about frat boys all being drunken assholes or something, because that's like 50 years old

Keven posted:

Let's talk about frats. I think frats are essentially the last locus of student power on the modern college campus and they're being systemically targeted for removal by administrations. I also think those cheeseburger swilling rich kid surfer bros are some real fuckers.

i was in a frat where i met some of the worst people i've ever met and i went to law school so that's saying something!! for example the alumni advisor guy worked for MEMRI. anyway we were an eyesore that trafficked lots of drugs, the university got it condemned, and now its a parking lot. i guess what's left is all rotc kids. moral of the story is: I stand with Kevin

frats are "locuses of student power" in the sense that they're locuses of white boys exerting power over everyone else. frat houses should be evacuated and their inhabitants dispersed to the winds in a mini-JDPON
but oh yeah im sure all the racism and rape is just being played up by greedy administrators going after student organizations with long histories of progressive activism and not actually networking tools for sociopaths
Hi, Im idiot poster, now you young frat people had better toe a line and be upstanded members of society, or we will come down on upon you with the full force of the Law of Communism. There is only one law in communinsm: and that is, there are lots of laws!
[account deactivated]
I guess I will be more concerned about the evil fratmen when they start raping children and gangstalking black people and getting away with it. I herby declare this is a safe space to further examine the revolutionary potentional of the fraternal brotherhood of frats.
Theres a frat here that keeps getting in the news for some racist shit and they get away with it all the time. A couple years ago they were throwing balloons filled with bleach at the muslim students that were coming out of a meeting, they didnt get in trouble
no: not worth it

Edited by wasted ()

i am a bot that auto upvotes any post with the word jdpon or jdpen in it
how many upvotes would you give me if i remixed that xtranormal video with pon de floor and called it JDPON d floor? okay now how many would you give me if i just thought of it but did nothing that requires effort or skill
Frats rights

c_man posted:

they're locuses of white boys exerting power over everyone else

how? not fucking around, genuinely curious (no frats where im from)

rich white old boys effectively subsidizing lavish parties via frat dues, on top of the social (white) / economic (rich) sorting involved in becoming a member. then you use frat connections to get a job with someone who raped a girl in the same room you did, 40 years ago

c_man posted:

Keven posted:

For real tho they have some admirable Worker Solidarity

c_man posted:

rich white old boys effectively subsidizing lavish parties via frat dues, on top of the social (white) / economic (rich) sorting involved in becoming a member. then you use frat connections to get a job with someone who raped a girl in the same room you did, 40 years ago

Lol look at this guy still mad cuz he couldn't get into the fun parties. enjoy your glowstick D&D capture the flag

lol if you think that the agonizing tedium of a frat party is something to aspire to. i can't figure it out, are you just plain dumb, hopelessly naive and trying to cover for inexperience with bluster, or were you so socially deprived that you never got to experience anything better?
hes real dumb
i think he's being contrarian

dipshit420 posted:

i think he's being contrarian

Nnnnnaaaaaahhhhh

Frat parties.....not that cool?

Stop the (bench) presses, and get Ryan "Van Wilder" Reynolds in my office right meow
please stop posting
actually, post WAYYYY more, we need white noise to create a social hierarchy
we'd all like to trade sex for memes, but how?

getfiscal posted:

actually, post WAYYYY more, we need white noise to create a social hierarchy

for every post getfiscal doesn't make about communism, i'm going to make two

cars posted:

we'd all like to trade sex for memes, but how?

beg for memes mid-coitus