9uKIeamPi2Y

Red_Canadian posted:

So tomorrow's Mayday, supposed to be a lot of shit going down. I don't want to talk about what I've heard too much, since loose lips sink ships and all that, and I'll look dumb if it all fizzles, but there are things planned, and I'm going to a pre-protest in an hour or so.
I'm calling in sick tomorrow, obviously, since the IWW voted for a strike and well, they are calling for a general strike and I'd hate to break that. I tried to talk a couple of my coworkers into doing the same, but of course I kept it quiet.
Courage friends, tis not too late to build a better world!

My workers will be allowed to participate in their first Casual Friday of the calendar year.

don't you americans have a fascist history erasing Loyalty Day to celebrate or some bullshit name like that. or is masturbate-into-the-flag day not a stat
Haha both Canada and US have labour day in September. And apparently australia. But all leftists still celebrate the correct one, obviously.

Red_Canadian posted:

Haha both Canada and US have labour day in September. And apparently australia. But all leftists still celebrate the correct one, obviously.

so we celebrate the american worker, but not workers in general or the idea of workers. got it.

as an overt recognition of labor aristocracy, its a little bit funny. or ironic or something. im gay

They also set up a May-pole, drinking and dancing about it many days togaether, inviting the Indean women, for their consorts, dancing and frisking togither, (like so many fairies, or furies rather,) and worse practises. As if they had anew revived & celebrated the feasts of the Roman Goddes Flora, or the beasly practieses of the madd Bacchinalians. Morton likwise (to shew his poetrie) composed sundry rimes & verses, some tending to lasciviousnes, and others to the detraction & scandall of some persons, which he affixed to this idle or idoll May-polle. They changed also the name of their place, and in stead of calling it Mounte Wollaston, they call it Merie-mounte, as if this joylity would have lasted ever. But this continued not long, for after Morton was sent for England, shortly after came over that worthy gentleman, Mr. John Indecott, who brought a patent under the broad seall, for the governmente of the Massachusets, who visiting those parts caused the May-polle to be cutt downe, and rebuked them for their profannes, and admonished them to looke ther should be better walking; so they now, or others, changed the name of their place againe, and called it Mounte-Dagon

shriekingviolet posted:

don't you americans have a fascist history erasing Loyalty Day to celebrate or some bullshit name like that. or is masturbate-into-the-flag day not a stat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Day_%28United_States%29 it's law day lol

Alright I just got home. I was out from 8 am till 1130 pm, so I'm pretty bushed. I'll start by mentioning this is all stuff I know cops know about.
The Wobblies blocked the parking lots of the parking police for a couple hours in the morning, which was decent. Might have cost them a bit of money anyways.
Did a manif which went around a bit downtown, wasn't repressed and ending peacefully.
Had a barbeque in the park, set up a barricade on an adjoining one way street for 3 hours.
The night manifs were a bit of a mess. Tried to do the separate crowds that meet and keep snowballing, but the cops kept shutting them down. I saw a few black bloc beating a cop with signs, and one got arrested. After that pretty much any on street protest was getting shut down pretty quick, teargas and all.
I can't say it was an unqualified success, but at least it was something. I didn't really take many pictures, but I did get a lot of sun. I even managed to make a couple people laugh by saying I'm red on the inside and outside. Even a picture in the montreal gazette, thought hopefully my bosses don't recognize me because I'm in profile.
[account deactivated]
a qui la bar be cue? a nous la barbecue!
True, a barbeque on its face isn't really much, but there was probably like a thousand people in the park and a pretty big line up. You have to serve the people as a revolutionary. Just cause it's literal doesn't mean it isn't good a bit. Besides having all those families and such meant the cops couldn't really do anything about the barricade (which I'll admit was mostly symbolic than truly damaging to the economy).
Montreal parks are so nice... I miss them... I want to go to the big concert on St Jean

discipline posted:

Nah man. I'm glad you went. You did a good job. I'm just a veteran of both BDS and OWS, in fact, I cut my teeth protesting the fucking invasion of Iraq (where I live now) and so I'm just sort of touched that anyone goes to protests for any reason but a sense of obligation to get into "la rue" anymore ;(

I haven't been to one but my heart is screaming for it. We tried to get to a march yesterday but arrived too late. The reason is to feel the spirit in others, talk and learn and teach and think with other people. Bring some books and information and become alive.

i probably shouldnt mention this, but i embed steganographic instructions to fellow revolutionaries in the smoke ring of my barbecue brisket
it's actually spelled rhabdographic
No it's the Steg one
Although I wasn't there, another Wobblie said that the RCP contingent he was swept along with impressed him. Apparently they came to an intersection, saw the SPVM (Montreal cops) blocking the way forward, the SQ (Provincials) blocking the left way, and as one charged the SQ. Something to admire from my perspective anyway.

thirdplace posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Day_%28United_States%29it's law day lol

I just want u guys to know that May 1st is *both* Law Day and Loyalty Day in the US.

Red_Canadian posted:

The worst thing about me is I have lived a charmed life. Things will always work out for me, I've encountered no true challenges. I was born white, male, tall and healthy (actually extremely sick, but canadian healthcare put me into an incubator until I survived long enough to live without it without putting my family in the poor house, thanks Tommy Douglas!) I know capitalism could work for me if I wanted it to, but I don't want to step over other people for my own satisfaction.

wow, cool. lucky you. every other heterosexual anglo saxon white middle class male is also living a strangely charmed life. it sure is cool that it's unusually great for us and that it's not some sort of system or class or something that establishes this order and then uses propaganda to constrain our thoughts to the point that the only reason for this that's acceptable to ourselves is luck. phew

Hey Doc how is life
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

we're all gonna die donny!!!!

I have mentally prepared myself.

•Stares off with vacant dumbass eyes•

drwhat posted:

wow, cool. lucky you. every other heterosexual anglo saxon white middle class male is also living a strangely charmed life. it sure is cool that it's unusually great for us and that it's not some sort of system or class or something that establishes this order and then uses propaganda to constrain our thoughts to the point that the only reason for this that's acceptable to ourselves is luck. phew

Uh, I acknowledge all of those things. That doesn't mean winning the genetic lottery isn't lucky? The whole thing with it is that I was lucky that the whole system was in my favour from the moment I was born, and not born in a different part of the world or in a different time or to different parents. I didn't have any control over these things, so it's lucky that it went the way it did. Now I have the tools and a pulpit (based on the things I was born with) to attempt to change the world. I can't change the fact that I was born with these advantages, only attempt to prevent them being the most important to a successful life.

actually you should be grateful you benefited from white supremacy and patriarchal capitalism and pay it forward to your descendants who will no doubt be grateful to you.
i didn't know white guilt was anything besides a conservative troll
im white and privileged but it doesnt stop **me** from being bad at psoting
i want a marxists.org shirt and if somebodsy asks me what its about ill just say i work there

Bablu posted:

i didn't know white guilt was anything besides a conservative troll

Unpack Your Invisible Knapsack of Privelege for more info

Using 7-Zip, A Hex Editor, and the Registry to Dismantle Your Privelege.rar