tom has a lot of surface
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

.custom279713{}NoFreeWill posted:RedMaistre posted:

.custom279628{}c_man posted:watching dead ken and greaves go at it ftw

Twitter Beefs: The Triumph of the Unabashed Surface

nonsense philosophy produces nonsense politics, no surprise here

wholeheartedly agreed, have you seen one of these lately?

yeah lacanian theory is a joke, the mirror stage isn't even real. same with vulgar materialism, which is represented by the ornate frame (frame without content, physics without phenomenon etc.)

[account deactivated]
now THAT beef, I understand
change sam's name to charlie rhabdo

NoFreeWill posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

.custom279713{}NoFreeWill posted:RedMaistre posted:

.custom279628{}c_man posted:watching dead ken and greaves go at it ftw

Twitter Beefs: The Triumph of the Unabashed Surface

nonsense philosophy produces nonsense politics, no surprise here

wholeheartedly agreed, have you seen one of these lately?

yeah lacanian theory is a joke, the mirror stage isn't even real. same with vulgar materialism, which is represented by the ornate frame (frame without content, physics without phenomenon etc.)

some things we don't joke about here. that's a ban you peace of shit.

Jools I sent you a PM. I need you to pass it onto Kriss
o_O
Nothing elevates the discourse like reducing an argument to a personalized trial of sincerity between accuser and accused about individual experiences which are traumatic regardless of the larger rights and wrongs of a situation.
[account deactivated]

RedMaistre posted:

Nothing elevates the discourse like reducing an argument to a personalized trial of sincerity between accuser and accused about individual experiences which are traumatic regardless of the larger rights and wrongs of a situation.

Yeah twitter owns

I am sure Greaves would cede that during the great anti-fascist war there were many Japanese, German,and Italian citizens, in and out of uniform, who suffered treatment that violated the letter and spirit of international law, to put it mildly. And he would further agree that these verifiable facts do not obligate him or anyone else to suddenly change their minds and say the Axis should have won, or that it made no difference who the victors were.

Whether or not Maher Arar was tortured in 2002-2003, years before the outbreak of the present push for regime change by proxy, is supremely irrelevant to any of the struggles that are going on right now in Syria and the Middle East as a whole. Saying that because a man falsely accused of ties with a violent Wahhabist group was abused in prison over a decade ago, the Free Syrian Army and co are now in the right, is like saying Operation Barbarossa was an act of righteous vengeance for the victims of Yezhov. Disputing Arar's story does nothing but give the appearance to outside observers that it in fact does justify the ideological angle he is promoting, and that those disagreeing with his political opinions are a malevolent cabal trying to silence a victim.

If he is indeed a liar, then the shame fall solely on him, no sweat off our backs. If he is telling the truth (and i am sure Greaves didn't doubt Arar's veracity during the Bush years), then he has a right to his testimony, even though we are not bound to follow him in his conclusions about the meaning of that experience.

Edited by RedMaistre ()

Woops

U.N. Wants to Let Europe Use Military Force to Stop Migrant Smuggling Boats
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/07/world/europe/un-wants-to-let-europe-use-military-force-to-stop-migrant-smuggling-boats.html?_r=0

UNITED NATIONS — The United Nations Security Council plans to put forth a draft resolution that would authorize Europe to use military force to stop migrant smuggling boats that set off from Libya across the Mediterranean Sea, signaling the Continent’s resolve to stanch the tide of migrants fleeing the Middle East and North Africa.

Maybe shouldve rhabdomanced those sticks harder

because you rhabdomance at night
rhabdomances with wolves: the sam kriss story
Orbital nuke hurtles towards collapsing raft, nuke gets human rights award
Military involvement is a centerpiece of the much-lauded "Australian model" of dealing with refugees. It's cool because it means you get to torture people at sea and not have to talk about it because of "operational security". All that's left is to beat and rape them in death camps and you've got yourself a dinky di downunder deterrant system mates
well they're breaking the law .............................................................................................................................................................................................................
http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/book-of-lamentations/

i read this whole thing cause someone linked me to it and i laughed, thought it was p clever

then i looked up and hoo boy was my face red! wait'll the forums get aload of this one