Genetic Access Control

What is Genetic Access Control?

Using the 23andme API it is now possible to utilize genetic profile information and likely phenotypes in custom applications. This means you can restrict access to your site based on traits including sex, ancestry, disease susceptability, and arbitrary characteristics associated with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in a person's genotype.

How does it work?

GAC uses the standard third-party authentication mechanism OAuth2 to request minimal permissions from 23andme on behalf of the user. The user is presented with a dialog asking them to approve the sharing of certain genetic data with your application.

If the request is approved a temporary access token is passed to your application which can be used to make API requests to retrieve information, such as ancestry composition and SNP nucleotide sequences. This data can then be used to grant or restrict authorization.

Possible uses

• Creating "safe spaces" online where frequently attacked and trolled victim groups can congregate, such as a female-only community
  • Ethnoreligious sects may wish to limit membership, e.g. Hasidic Jewish groups restricting access to Ashkenazi or Sephardic maternal haplogroups with the "Cohen" gene
  • Safer online dating sites that only partner people with a low likelihood of offspring with two recessive genes for congenital diseases
  • Pharmaceutical applications that check for genetic predisposition to negative drug interactions before dispensing
  • Groups defined by ethnic background, e.g. Black Panthers or NAACP members

https://github.com/offapi/rbac-23andme-oauth2

man, whats with all the eugenics threads lately?
did you guys like the movie gattaca
i liked the riot attica
everything seems like it takes longer when you're in prison. for instance a "riot" lasts one month, appoints a diplomatic corps and negotiates terms with the governor. that was an anarchist book fair joke you're welcome.
hi germanjoey how've you been
one of those sequencing sites hosts forums etc for every sub sub haplogroup. sup R1bL21DF13Z255L159bros

https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-1b-l159-2/about/background

(i have not actually had my dna sequenced but i was reading about it a lot a few months ago)
# note: does not include "Ashkenazi" or "European"

Creating "safe spaces" online where frequently attacked and trolled victim groups can congregate, such as a female-only community

nice transphobia, cisholes

Panopticon posted:

# note: does not include "Ashkenazi" or "European"

You must have a genotyped 23andme account to access the demo. It checks to see if your ancestral makeup is primarily composed of European (minus Ashkenazi) genetic markers to determine whether or not access is permitted.

WARNING: PLEASE ALL THE SLAVIK TO READ..MONTENEGRO IS SCYTO-SARMATIAN..NOT TRUE SLAV..MIXED WITH OGHUZ TURCO-BULGARIAN AT 4th..5.th....7th....CENTURY..M­IXED WITH THRACIAN,DACIAN,SEMITIC..UGRIC­-BALTIC PHENOTYPE..C3 HAPLOGROUP OBSERVED IN MONGOLIAN/SIBIR.. SMALL SKULS+GASEOUS STINK CLOUD EMIT FROM TURCO-ENCLAVE MONTENEGRO

CBoyardee 1 month ago

c_man posted:

man, whats with all the eugenics threads lately?

i like eugenics
but i prefer annie lennox's solo stuff
small skulls and gas clouds, emitting from my enclave?? sounds like another night of counter-strike
finally LF can realize the dream of having a PoC third worldist only forum, as our leader maggotmaster envisioned. *literally all our members get purged*
maggotmaster wouldn't be able to post because he's a conquistador
i did that dna thing and im proud to say i have less than one percent european ancestry
i did the dna thing and apparently i was adopted?
I did that DNA thing and
lol if you ever give another human being your dna
living in san diego has convinced me that every biotech firm is run by christian dominionists and the ties these firms have to the DoD is mindboggling. too shook to give these shits my DNA

Superabound posted:

same. this is why i am chaste and a virgin.

*throws a chair through your window* consensual sex is impossible under capitalism
There's no good result to white people getting racial background testing. Either they're like 1/6 Some Minority which means nothing but asinine shit is going to come out of their face or they'll confirm that they're full blooded Aryan which is worse

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

but comrade, isn't the problem in that case neither the dna test itself nor the results of it but rather the ready presence of living samples

Superabound posted:

I wouldnt know how even if i wanted to

Superabound posted:

*me handing a vial of blood to a girl i like* keep it secret! keep it safe!

c_man posted:

Superabound posted:

*me handing a vial of blood to a girl i like* keep it secret! keep it safe!

more like "contents may cause birth defects"

"i'm exiting the vampire castle"

Panopticon posted:

"i'm exiting the vampire castle"

this should be the way suicide is referred to for the rest of time

yes but lets do this as a dating site because we must secure the existence of our people and a future for *INSERT GENE SEQUENCE HERE* children
black, white, asian...come on feel the vibration
is there a way to include shirt size in ur genetic id so larger fats can keep out small
"fats"

guidoanselmi posted:

yes but lets do this as a dating site because we must secure the existence of our people and a future for *INSERT GENE SEQUENCE HERE* children

dont actually do this tho