I had a good chili pepper brew once, it was called That's a Spicy Meadball

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

you should try a proper homemade eggnog tpaine. its very sweet though.

making a giant bowl of homemade eggnog and getting everyone fucked up is my favorite winter tradition.

storebought eggnog is snot in a carton

gyrofry posted:

I had a good chili pepper brew once, it was called That's a Spicy Meadball

there's a pretty decent new orleans style restaurant in town that has a great chili lager made for them by my favorite local small brewery. its pretty mild. i think people often get introduced to complex flavours wrong: some dumb asshole will give them something really extreme right off the bat to show off, ruining the first impression.

shriekingviolet posted:

making a giant bowl of homemade eggnog and getting everyone fucked up is my favorite winter tradition.

im trying it this year for the first time, i had a lil taste a couple weeks and it seems good but i gotta hold off til christmas then get trashed.

heres the recipe i used:

12 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
1 liter (about 4 cups) bourbon
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cognac
Pinch of salt

separate 12 egg yolks (discard or save the whites). whisk the yolks together with sugar until creamy. add in milk, cream, bourbon, rum, cognac, brandy and salt. stir. then ya age it, put it in the fridge and shake it up every now and then (at least 3 weeks, mines gonna be about 3 months old)

i think i did one thing wrong (didnt really mix the heavy cream right) so im already looking forward to trying again next year.

im trying it this year for the first time, i had a lil taste a couple weeks and it seems good but i gotta hold off til christmas then get trashed.

heres the recipe i used:

12 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
1 liter (about 4 cups) bourbon
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cognac
Pinch of salt

separate 12 egg yolks (discard or save the whites). whisk the yolks together with sugar until creamy. add in milk, cream, bourbon, rum, cognac, brandy and salt. stir. then ya age it, put it in the fridge and shake it up every now and then (at least 3 weeks, mines gonna be about 3 months old)

i think i did one thing wrong (didnt really mix the heavy cream right) so im already looking forward to trying again next year.

interesting, haven't tried aging before though I've considered it. would love to know how that turns out. i'm a big fan of whipping the egg whites and folding them in to make it light and fluffy, though the texture from that only lasts about an hour

i don't have much of a palate so idk how much of a difference it really makes. the guy i got the recipe off basically insisted on aging it for at least a few weeks. it just stays in the back of my fridge so its not really any additional work as long as you plan ahead.
[account deactivated]
and i think the cognac/rum stuff is totally skippable, probably ok to just put in a bit more bourbon. what recipe do you use shriekingviolet?
Mine resembles yours a lot, although I use only 1 and a half cups sugar (plus a little more to whip the egg whites) and a cup less milk. Also a lot of freshly grated nutmeg. The alcohol amount is about the same but I do 2 parts brandy, 1 part dark rum 1 part bourbon.
i make brandy eggnog, sometimes its killer (when i drank the whole batch myself on halloween and ended up getting broken up with the next day)

sometimes terrible, always a jam

basically like Makeshift swahili's

but nutmeg + cinnamon in and nutmeg fresh (obvsly.) on top

the first time i made it i didn't have enough brandy so i added vodka it was well weapon

i made it with portuguese brandy 2 years ago and last year i made it in January because i give no fucks

anyways its my birthday so im gonna go make myself a raw alcoholic smoothie with cooking wine and chocolate and chilis/guavas/oranges and whatever else i feel like...

But now let us think about what I'm to drink next? What sort of a combination can I create out of the junk that's left in my suitcase? "Aunt Clara's Kiss"? Maybe. I won't be able to squeeze any other kind of kisses out of the thing, except "First Kiss" or "Aunt Clara's Kiss." Should I explain to you what a "Kiss" is? A "Kiss" means any red wine mixed fifty-fifty with any vodka. Let's take dry grape plus pepper vodka or Kubanskaya - that's a "First Kiss." A mix of homebrew and port wine Number Thirty-three - that's a "Forced Kiss" or, more simply, a "Cold Kiss" or, more simply, "Lenin's Lady." There are quite a few of the various "Kisses." In order not to feel like throwing up from all these "Kisses" it is necessary to get used to them from childhood.
my raw egg milkshake version of my camphor sticks + dirt + guavas thing is bomb and i froze it and am sending it 2 utah for stego lol
my ice cream with raw egg in it that i was gonna send 2 stego i ate since he was not paying me on time lol hes busy saving utah from the mormons,

neways

homebrewing is fun as fuck
make a raw alcoholic smoothie like me

recipe for rhizzone to taste test that i emailed 2 myself incase someone "steals" "it":

PRIMARY BASE:
guavas
and oranges (a bit old)
and
water

SPICY:
chili powder (lots)
tumeric
cayenne
pepper
raw garlic
cinammon (from stick)
fresh grated ginger (from bulbs in freezer)
sumac?

SWEET
plum jam
sugar brown/cane
chocolate sauce (tj moo)
honey
danish chocolate sprinkles
on
SMOKEY?
burnt sourdough toast (2 TJs 'square' sourdough slices)
w/said sprinkles melted on it

alcohol:
Malbec + Malbec (2014) Finca Flichman

and/or

Pastora Medium Dry Blend of Amontillado 18% sherry (for cooking)

SOIL:
dirt from backyard (any old dirt will do, not new/FEMA/fracking dirt tho)

one of the two secrete ingredients is ur own blood lol (optional) the other was spraypaint but i wont tell u the brand, color, or amount (trace scrapings)

and maybe some ash from a grill (for smokey the funny GBS poster/charred meat flavor)

SIGNED,
EMPEROR OF BREWING
THE FOUNDER
PLAY & ECOLOGY
u just blender that shit and then it looks like corsair's legendary diarrhea margerita but tastes probably about as good/better

i do make excellent sandwiches

ah yes,
we drink
quite well
decantering from such a haight

FUCK YES AND DRINKS

NoFreeWill was probated until (Nov. 24, 2015 04:38:45) for this post!

I'm drinking coffee. I hit 30 days no drinking

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EASTLA
jagermeister on the rocks

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 25, 2015 14:21:12) for this post!

wild turkey with honey, on the rocks

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 26, 2015 02:05:09) for this post!

this is how it started with me too
apple cider (non alcoholic)
apple cider owns

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 26, 2015 20:28:55) for this post!

XX, cause my boss dropped a pile of work 8 minutes before the end of the day. Still at work
damn bro what do you do?

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 27, 2015 05:35:55) for this post!

drinking now. not too much so that i dont ruin my cut by eating everything
^important^

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 26, 2015 11:22:56) for this post!

drinking my eggnog

soju and coke. vile

drinking my eggnog

how did the aging turn out, would you recommend it?

i'm drinking Error 500, Internal server error.
hell yeag

shriekingviolet posted:

drinking my eggnog

how did the aging turn out, would you recommend it?

it tasted real nice but i don't really have much to compare it to. maybe next time ill make batches at different times so i can try 8 months vs 4 months vs a month or w/e.

working on figuring out the "do i feel terrible because I'm drinking too much, or do i feel terrible because I'm not drinking enough" problem

with the help of Jameson
i just loaded up a bunch of music on my mp3 player and am gonna go for a walk to the grocery store

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 28, 2015 01:55:24) for this post!

what are you going drink when you get back.
water

methlabretriever was probated until (Dec. 27, 2015 14:38:20) for this post!

boring. do you like magic tricks?
[account deactivated]
im havin spotted cow and some hennessy, spotted cow bc im on break at my parents place in wisconsin and hennessy bc i bought myself a bigass handle of it bc i did real good on the gre this past sunday
spent an hour out in the park watching a spectacular showing of the northern lights, with a bottle of malbec. wouldn't trade winter up here for anything
im drinking some flat hard cider