No I think that's about how the trial was organized and it's definitely really shitty. In other contexts she was anti-racist and organized against Vietnam, etc. everything else I remember about her was the preoccupation with the Greek stuff

laika posted:

s the preoccupation with the Greek stuff

i dont see how her sexuality is relevant, its a private matter

drwhat posted:

RedMaistre posted:

"My first impression: On top, the judges, the best of German Jewry. Below them, the prosecuting attorneys, Galicians, but still Europeans. Everything is organized by a police force that gives me the creeps, speaks only Hebrew, and looks Arabic ... And outside the doors, the oriental mob, as if one were in Istanbul or some other half-Asiatic country."

-From Eichmann in Jerusalem by Hannah Arendt

I'm half Galician, I guess - but until a year or two ago I didn't know Galicia was a place or that it was the cultural/ethnic commonality between my grandparents who came from either side of the Polish-Ukrainian border.

I definitely don't know what Galician signifies here in context, were they notorious for certain things in Germany/Austria?

I'd ask my grandparents but one is dead (rip, my grandmother) and the other doesn't really want to get into most of it, usually. I think he's (I'm?) secretly Jewish. But I am completely estranged from that half of my family background because... Hitler, I guess.

I have a connection with Galicia too, via my "black protestant" maternal great-grandmother. Sadly know little more of the details beyond that.

Galicia had a reputation for being an exotically Slavic and "oriental" region , hence her insistence in the passage above that the Galicians are "still" Europeans despite their background.

https://dk-galizien.univie.ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/dk_galizien/Dateien/Poster_Weismann.pdf
in other new....

" said Tuesday that he thinks Fox and other television networks have been taking advantage of him by selling advertisements for their debates at a high premium.

“Why should the networks continue to get rich on the debates?” Trump told reporters at a news conference in Marshalltown. “Why do I have to make Fox rich?” "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-he-wont-participate-in-gop-debate-on-fox-news/2016/01/26/58fa0b2e-c490-11e5-a4aa-f25866ba0dc6_story.html
kpk2tdsPh0A
mario traverses the indirect bandgap (different heights, not touching) in the brillouin zone (map) by interacting with a phonon/defect (triangle)

HenryKrinkle posted:

i just want a youtube of someone cornering this guy and telling him some obscure detail of his math is wrong and everything he's been doing for the past 10 years is a lie

I don't care that much about Arendt, there's nothing original or interesting in her thought. It's just a pop version of Heidegger and my problems lie with him. She's like the Bill Nye of philosophy, she's only popular because she's easy to read and makes for good proto-memes.
somebody mentioned one of the white supremacist SA offshoots and i read a trump thread there. they are way in favor of trump. a lot of this motivation is racism-based, particularly against mexicans and jews and they use the word "cuckservative" like it is going out of style. but other than that their motivations wouldn't be out of the ordinary at a leftist rally in seattle. they're openly disgusted with the party that is supposed to represent them ideologically and all its weak apparachiks capitulating to business interests and destroying american livelihoods. they loathe globalization and are hypercritical of capitalism. i mean i don't forget that these guys are the worst people you can be without going outside but it's funny how nobody has any faith in our political system and are openly rebelling against neoliberalism and all the political class is totally baffled by it

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

somebody mentioned one of the white supremacist SA offshoots and i read a trump thread there. they are way in favor of trump. a lot of this motivation is racism-based, particularly against mexicans and jews and they use the word "cuckservative" like it is going out of style. but other than that their motivations wouldn't be out of the ordinary at a leftist rally in seattle. they're openly disgusted with the party that is supposed to represent them ideologically and all its weak apparachiks capitulating to business interests and destroying american livelihoods. they loathe globalization and are hypercritical of capitalism. i mean i don't forget that these guys are the worst people you can be without going outside but it's funny how nobody has any faith in our political system and are openly rebelling against neoliberalism and all the political class is totally baffled by it

j sakai's worst nightmare baby... looks like he might be going back to camp oen more time *wink wink* to all you sakai readers out there

Wow, thats pretty incendiary, your opinion made me burts into tears actually
Maybe the Spectacle is not the all powerful Matrix a generation of cultural theory gurus led us to believe it was.
this thread will be spared because of posts by rare posters *gong noise* unless i'm pressured to flip-flop *gong noise*
the main thing holding back the limp dick sector of the right wing in america is that they don't understand the correlation in most people's minds between the word "cuckold" and standing around during lunch period in high school reading shakespeare paperbacks with the cover out in front of you

babyhueypnewton posted:

She's like the Bill Nye of philosophy

Good point Father's Ass Hole and Mouth. Trump is big time going to get cucked.
the next ifap chore handed out by me will be to compile a list of all of keven's versions of my old username
Fuck you cars ban me. Oh wait...
*radar from MASH voice* please report to the weed thread
Both Trump and Sanders reducible to White rage implies NYT politics guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/31/us/bernie-sanders-and-donald-trump-voters-share-anger-but-direct-it-differently.html?_r=0
Thats why black ppl keep heckling bernie becayse they know he's in it for whites.
Has Bernie released his plan yet showing when average wages will converge for black women with white men?

getfiscal posted:

Has Bernie released his plan yet showing when average wages will converge for black women with white men?

bernie to chamber of commerce: "don't think of it as affirmative action, think of it as internal outsourcing"

Keven posted:

Good point Father's Ass Hole and Mouth. Trump is big time going to get cucked.

trump is one of the most notorious cuckolds on the planet. he's been married three times with the global press following his wives around during their affairs. i don't hold that against him however and will be voting for him twice this year.

trump in a twitter war with the damn pope. i love it
i hate trumps' racism and his generally republican politics, but otoh in the general election can i of all people really justify not voting for such a master troll
vilerat's slayer is a more LF choice than a reality show fascist, imo
on a scale of 1-10 how FYAD is Trump?
He's a solid 8 because he's in that area where he's both joking and actually a republican at the same time much like many famous fyads.
yeah the politics of fyad were pretty awful, something awful, a clever little joke there for you guys "in the know"
im permabanned poster beanerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 62. by 64 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "someone's doing the raping" and "mexico will pay for the wall" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.
This guy trump hates the pope and loves torture, not sure why rhizzoners aren't planning on voting for this reincarnation of their boyfriend, Stalin.
strangely most zone brones would support the wall if it was there to stop traffic going the other way
mods rename goatstein to Trump le monde
...and i would get really jingoistic, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically republican policy. im now on the campaign trail. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of nationalism and xenophobic symptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a being great again. peace.
the pope is actually a different guy now Keven

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

strangely most zone brones would support the wall if it was there to stop traffic going the other way

yeah it's really strange how power exists

cars posted:

the pope is actually a different guy now Keven

Sounds like your thinking is polluted by liberal individualism.

wow it is not, what a mean thing to say & if that's comedy nowadays i don't want any part of it