swampman posted:

xipe posted:

swampman posted:

There seem to be a lot of truly insane people on Twitter. It's not a healthy website to visit

Wonder could communists develop a 'line' for sites like Twitter, fb, dnd, reedit etc I'm order to get the most out of them without wasting energy or giving to much info to NSA or doxxers?

It's a question that's been raised before, but nobody ever has concrete ideas. What specifically would you want to accomplish with smarter use of Twitter?

I use it for up to date news and also discussion, tho I think that's because of quality of people who I can follow as opposed to the hard to navigate platform itself.

I suppose continue to do that with less energy wasted that could be spent better else where while propagandising to others and encouraging them to come to sites like this for proper discussion?

Like maybe work out some rules of engagement for groups like libs or anarchists (or service workers immigrants or single parents) for the wide holes in their conception of the world that we know they can never fill... and entice them from skewed platforms to ones where they can gain a useful understanding of the world and how to change it

Twitter is for cat pictures
because there is so little known about some of those right communist folks it almost does make them look fierce and independent protectors of an old guard communism vs the careerish types. but I have my doubts. they certainly don't provide a lot of positive material other than "look over there! it's a tract from a murdered Sandinista from 1981. Look! here's a polemical pseudo-academic piece on Gates. and Molly crabapple blah blah " which while very enlightening for me doesn't seem to address immediate issues

xipe posted:

Could someone explain the various Twitter cliques?

to answer your question, no. one cannot.

tpaine posted:

swampman posted:

What specifically would you want to accomplish with smarter use of Twitter?

the destruction of twitter.

This is the correct line on twitter. While it exists we can be thankful for god-tier twitters like henry and dispo who have miraculously found ways to put it to good use (roof manifesto outing). But it is otherwise a yawning chasm of despair and must be destroyed

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Twitter is for cat pictures

this is the whole internet

the entire edifice of human media, from the first videos produced way back to this business right here

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the elusive tpaine selfie.......

tpaine posted:

swampman posted:

xipe posted:

swampman posted:

There seem to be a lot of truly insane people on Twitter. It's not a healthy website to visit

Wonder could communists develop a 'line' for sites like Twitter, fb, dnd, reedit etc I'm order to get the most out of them without wasting energy or giving to much info to NSA or doxxers?

It's a question that's been raised before, but nobody ever has concrete ideas. What specifically would you want to accomplish with smarter use of Twitter?

the destruction of twitter.

I love when I upvote a post and in the time since I clicked the upvote button somebody else already upvoted so it's like I gave two upvotes. fuck twitter.

[account deactivated]
Twitters a great website for cool bohemians and dedicated content creators which unfortunately has been co opted by politicals, celebs, journalists, and sport haters.
Your search - "How to destroy Twitter using my computer at home without colluding to break the law" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
[account deactivated]
on a side note some people on twitter really think dispo is an op of sorts and the roof outing was part of a "lone gunman" frame-up to hide the larger conspiracy of nazis and the kickstarter is part of some CIA thing too.

w/e.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
to be fair they seem fairly marginal. i guess you could consider them a splinter from "left"-conspiracist twitter. the types who seem as if they are intent on proving horseshoe theory correct.
[account deactivated]
DYLAN ROOF WAS JUST THE FALL GUY
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Dylann "roof" ... Barking.... Dogs.... You're the man now, dog... The web... Dark web... Spiders... Sliders... Quantum Leap... Science fiction.... Fiction.... Friction... Fire.... Burning... Disco... Gay culture.

My god.
Shout out 2 Henry and Discipline for injecting my feed with weird mad people instead of jokes in the
Me: X
Barista: Y
Me: X+1
Please rt and fave

Format.

Keven posted:

Me: X
Barista: Y
Me: X+1

lol

[account deactivated]
military technology today involves a lot less weaponized arms than i thought it would in the early 1990s
the best tweeter atm, not including getfiscal, seems to be mikefossey, imo
that adam johnson dude has impressed me though, not only tweeting about all the bullshit propaganda re venezuela/dprk but also retweeting several times cammy zek's no platform kickstar. that guy rules
that quote about trauma is true though its about how inconsistent reports of a stressful event don't prove the event false.
i've really put the hurt on last week here with my post itt, hope all is forgiven.

ilmdge posted:

that adam johnson dude has impressed me though, not only tweeting about all the bullshit propaganda re venezuela/dprk but also retweeting several times cammy zek's no platform kickstar. that guy rules

he used to do his own ssite but it hasn't been updated since last april http://citationsneeded.com/ . other than twitter i've only seen his stuff on FAIR since then

whoa i remember that site, i didnt know that was him. yeah he does the same stuff except at FAIR now
[account deactivated]

xipe posted:

swampman posted:

xipe posted:

swampman posted:

I use it for up to date news and also discussion, tho I think that's because of quality of people who I can follow as opposed to the hard to navigate platform itself.

I suppose continue to do that with less energy wasted that could be spent better else where while propagandising to others and encouraging them to come to sites like this for proper discussion?

Like maybe work out some rules of engagement for groups like libs or anarchists (or service workers immigrants or single parents) for the wide holes in their conception of the world that we know they can never fill... and entice them from skewed platforms to ones where they can gain a useful understanding of the world and how to change it

at-large party members almost never form branches, regardless of the party (lack of resources and dividable labor causes huge burnout) so ive been recommending they form cells instead of branches, focused on flyer creation, fundraising, memes and such. i dont really have any direction to point the memers tho so they just make soft-commie stuff, like lettuce dog

Edited by Urbandale ()

Urbandale posted:

soft-commie stuff, like lettuce dog

catchphrase

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]