[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
one time i was on a crappy quiz show and won a backpack and a hat and some other stuff. our team placed third overall that season but at least the ugly yuppies with a little yappy mascot dog and matching kerchiefs lost, putting me one over on sam kriss.
[account deactivated]
mysterious tpaine radio interview? that's the sort of in joke that could really build the forums community.
[account deactivated]
I hope he got paid for that.
I didn't watch it, because I never click on links, but if he did poorly then he'll improve over time. No one begins life with a full set of skills, we have to work on them. Eventually him and Taryn will have their own adventure-journalism TV channel where they travel to like, the Empire of Tibet and help document the rise of Maoist armies.

getfiscal posted:

I didn't watch it, because I never click on links, but if he did poorly then he'll improve over time. No one begins life with a full set of skills, we have to work on them. Eventually him and Taryn will have their own adventure-journalism TV channel where they travel to like, the Empire of Tibet and help document the rise of Maoist armies.

getfiscal posted:

maybe i could actually watch documentary now if, instead of bill hader and fred armisen, they used rhizzoners. imagine the storyline they could unfold with endless mustangs at their disposal?

getfiscal posted:

i also wish deadken better luck next time if he needs it because i also didn't watch it and i look forward to his future support for the lion assad.

ego te absolvo kriss. Whenever the ark set out, Moses said, "Rise up, LORD! May your enemies be scattered; may your foes flee before you."
uh britain uh these migrants are uh humans uh *darts eyes about sketchily*
bump for OP update
just thought of this one let me know what u think:

aint no platform when shes gone
and shes always gone too long
any time
she drives away
[account deactivated]
Just came across some of disciplines insane hateful obsessives, pretty nuts.
One guy has hundreds of tweets about her, saying she's evil for helping lock up 'troubled' Dylan roof, she is a liberal for being sad about the Orlando mass murder, and that being doxxed and no platform are all part of one big Op etc etc.

Bizarrely these loonies are trying to group her with molly crab apple as part of their 'anti imperial research', what a world we live in
the op to give a blogger a kickstarter... devastating..
Yes one minute they are deriding her for asking for food/gas money for this, the next it's "isn't it obvious the dox was an op to raise her profile for huge kick starter profits" and a lot more.
Curious how they got started.

Also Henry krinkleg gets similar treatment
[account deactivated]
Tell me who you're talking about so I can offer them accounts here
[account deactivated]
Well.. I kinda know who that is, but are they honestly in a clique? Who else is in it? ANything noteworthy on their CV?

glomper_stomper posted:

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/746728962785681408

I was starting to get mad he was smearing rhizzone posters until i saw he was just talking about jools

[account deactivated]
twitter is not good. yet we need it for some reason
car conspiracy dude? i'm buying that guy platinum
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

is there anything good that's come from twitter

some laughs, some tears, some great times.

who is the car conspiracy dude?

It's a real shame how much of a mess all of that is. Like I've learned a lot from them and they obvious get at something a lot of people can't, but then it reaches such a level of, I don't know what to call it, that it becomes too mentally taxing to separate the wheat from the chaff. The mental illness is certainly there, but I don't want to chalk it all up to that, partly out of respect for them and partly because immanent critique is clearly necessary. Perhaps it's a kind of hyper-intellectualism. They post at such a fast pace and have such strong simultaneous focus on technical details of how propaganda / deep state functions and aggressive polemics that it reaches a nearly esoteric level. Like it's serious and scientific in its own way, but then they're not very concerned with actually communicating with people. It's very autistic. Which in an odd way isn't always bad. They're the kind of people Nick Land thinks he is. And they fall into the similar trap: being self-styled experts on petite bourg pathologies while exemplifying it themselves.

I see what they're reacting to and I think that they're serious in performing a kind of vanguard function. But that has to be grounded in social practice, which they're divorced from. It's not easy though. We're so caught up in all this cybernetic bullshit that finding genuine avenues of creativity while staying realistic and not falling into nihilism is really extraordinary. I think one of the more healthy members of that crew and an example of this is John Steppling, though I guess he's more representative of the aesthetic, rather than the scientific, side. He's challenging too and has put me in some dark places. But there's the space for dialogue and thought there (he works hard to make it) that's missing from the others while keeping it high brow.

Also I think the rhizzone can be similar. Obviously things are way healthier here (the pace is slower, people have lives, etc.) but the irony posting can be another form of the same problem. And more positively speaking, the ideological orientation still overlaps a lot.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Actually being anti car was a big RAF thing and drivers do get away w murder all the time

marimite posted:

The mental illness is certainly there, but I don't want to chalk it all up to that, partly out of respect for them and partly because immanent critique is clearly necessary. Perhaps it's a kind of hyper-intellectualism. They post at such a fast pace and have such strong simultaneous focus on technical details of how propaganda / deep state functions and aggressive polemics that it reaches a nearly esoteric level. Like it's serious and scientific in its own way, but then they're not very concerned with actually communicating with people. It's very autistic. Which in an odd way isn't always bad. They're the kind of people Nick Land thinks he is. And they fall into the similar trap: being self-styled experts on petite bourg pathologies while exemplifying it themselves.

I think this can be somewhat summed up by saying, they're twitter addicts.... I've seen/met one of the above listed in real life and yes. Glued to their phone. It's hard to say "the Left doesn't need these people" because the Left clearly has these people.. also could be said about our bbs

glomper_stomper posted:

marimite posted:

who is the car conspiracy dude?

lstwhl. the dude thinks the car industry is out to kill cyclists and all car-havers have an insect-fascist pathology. he thinks all drivers who run over cyclists are committing murder, "velocide".

also, he posted pictures of some scottish columnist's kids after she criticized cyclists

That's EmanuelaBrolandi

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]