Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Cop, greater (8 HD)
The percentage of Europeans who viewed Jews unfavourably was just 13 per cent, compared to 33 per cent who viewed Muslims unfavourably — a third of the Europeans surveyed. The poll also showed that half or more of the public in six of the European countries surveyed believed that the emergence of far-right ‘Eurosceptic’ parties is a good thing.

These complexities are reflected in recent hate crime data. In London, a total of 483 incidents against Jewish people and properties was recorded for the year 2014 to 2015, an increase of 61 per cent from the preceding year. In the same period, 818 Islamophobic hate crimes were recorded, nearly double the number of anti-Semitic attacks, and an increase of 63.9 per cent from the previous year.

In France, anti-Semitic attacks continued to outnumber anti-Muslim hate crimes. Although anti-Semitic incidents dropped by 5 per cent in 2015, their total number was 806. While attacks against Muslim people and properties tripled in volume, their total number was 400 — half the number of attacks committed against Jews.

https://medium.com/return-of-the-reich/european-support-for-far-right-extremism-reaches-1930s-scale-cd89d4f93a3d

supposedly this dude was a v important antifash leader in the 30s? reading now
https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/dimitrov/index.htm
There have been leaks distributed by antifa here in Straya of the behind the scenes discussions of the leadership of the most prominent anti-islam "patriot" groups that have risen to prominence here over the past few years, funnily enough they talk amongst themselves about keeping their antisemitism ("the truth") under wraps and sticking to a purely anti-islam line for the time being to build popular support. It's certainly a mark of the hardcore right that muslim immigration, like all other supposed societal ills, is blamed on the jews. because, yknow, rothschild and stuff, so they control everything. some things never change. (continued focus on rehabilitating nazi germany as a victim, too.)

it's telling, in light of all this, that mainstream conservatives are happy to demonise BDS supporters as outright antisemites, and the antisemitism witchhunt the tories have been leading against labour in the UK is particularly gross in light of recent events, because it's that sort of hyperbole that provides very effective cover for the actual nazis.

on a positive note, reflecting on how little has changed in the hardcore right line makes me think that while they may have found an effective scapegoat in islam to be used for propaganda and recruitment purposes, they haven't been able to adapt their core ideology very successfully to the times. the contenders to take over the great satan spot from the Elders of Zion are either 'globalists' a la infowars, which is basically the elders without zion, or SJWs/cucks/'cultural marxists' a la the so called alt-right, which is basically libertarianism without most of the economic posturing but with an added moral degeneracy angle. it's a freaking mess is what im trying to say.
the alt-Reich
[account deactivated]
That perfect cuban revolutionary tee for when you're self-conscious about chest hairs peeking through your dress shirt

Petrol posted:

on a positive note, reflecting on how little has changed in the hardcore right line makes me think that while they may have found an effective scapegoat in islam to be used for propaganda and recruitment purposes, they haven't been able to adapt their core ideology very successfully to the times. the contenders to take over the great satan spot from the Elders of Zion are either 'globalists' a la infowars, which is basically the elders without zion, or SJWs/cucks/'cultural marxists' a la the so called alt-right, which is basically libertarianism without most of the economic posturing but with an added moral degeneracy angle. it's a freaking mess is what im trying to say.

I expect Chinese people will become an important scapegoat once the housing market explodes and millions of people are sleeping on asphalt

WildStalins posted:

I expect Chinese people will become an important scapegoat once the housing market explodes and millions of people are sleeping on asphalt

Funny you should mention this, they already are a mainstream media scapegoat here for housing affordability, not to mention weekly panics about Chinese investment in farm land (a matter of national security, apparently).

As far as the far right goes, back in the 90s all they could talk about here was The Asian Invasion. It gave the conservative government of the day a massive boost by speaking out strongly against such crude rhetoric, cementing their support in the already conservative immigrant community and specifically the Vietnamese community, the original 70s "boat people", while at the same time instituting the so called Pacific Solution to refugee problem, the direct antecedent to today's Manus Island and Nauru death camps, which I gather the Boris Johnsons and Nigel Farages of the world find inspiring.

the flag on the shirt is actually this thing (count the lines) which is still cool

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Star_flag
corbyn just put the ice axe in hillary benn for organising a mass resignation of front benchers

"you can't quit, you're fired"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36632539

-

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

okay so, since benn got whacked, 7 resignations from the shadow cabinet so far

loads of speculation about whether corbyn will jump or be pushed, i doubt either is necessary. if he loses more than half the shadow cabinet he's probably in trouble but for all we know we've just witnessed the purge, nobody else needed to be made an example of so they get to write their letters of resignation and whine to the press if they really feel the need. unions are strongly behind corbyn and there's a rally in support of him planned for outside the house of commons tomorrow while the party meet inside and work out what the hell they're doing.

personally i am hopeful this will cement a left (as in left faction) leadership for labour going forward with corbyn no longer subject to whiteanting, at least for the immediate future, which is when it counts, because right now it would be a major blow to the torys and the rest of the parliamentary right wing to be facing a unified left-labour, and it has the potential to mitigate some of the reactionary flow-on effects that would come from the brexit process if left entirely to the ukippers and their fellow travellers

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

What's white anting
Termiting ur base

stegosaurus posted:

What's white anting

ah. i didn't realise that was Strayan slang. think termites.

most commonly used in politics in references to these sorts of situations where a leadership is systematically undermined from within because of factional shit. here i think it was most apparent around the time of the syria vote where, not coincidentally, it was benn who did the most over the top defiant grandstanding in response to corbyn's rejection of airstrikes. then there's all that antisemitism bullshit thats been eating away at left-wing members for the past few months, what's the bet that was largely being directed by rivals.

[account deactivated]
the two big threats facing a unified labour party with corbyn as leader are 1. corbyn not having enough experienced MPs willing to actually sit on the front bench and 2. corbyn not getting enough votes from MPs to appear on a future leadership ballot (apparently he will not be allowed on automatically, so i guess he only has a few more months as leader http://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/747072939862953984 )
falconer and coaker are gone too
you'd think if you were going to stage a coup you'd actually put a replacement candidate forward before you got to the, uh, self-immolation part. odd folks, those brits

Petrol posted:

okay so, since benn got whacked, 7 resignations from the shadow cabinet so far

it's extremely helpful when all the traitors raise their hands to identify themselves and then leave of their own accord.

Panopticon posted:

2. corbyn not getting enough votes from MPs to appear on a future leadership ballot (apparently he will not be allowed on automatically, so i guess he only has a few more months as leader http://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/747072939862953984 )

you sure? i actually heard the opposite on this from another report
edit: https://twitter.com/GuardianAnushka/status/747028244034097152

Edited by ilmdge ()

jezbollah could recreate saddams purge of the baath party 1979 if he really wants to clean house
how many of those dont really care about brexit and were more concerned with stopping the blair war crimes investigation

NicoNicoNihilist posted:

how many of those dont really care about brexit and were more concerned with stopping the blair war crimes investigation

Workers HATE him! One weird trick to avoid prosecution for crimes against humanity

ilmdge posted:

i don't know for sure

Panopticon posted:

ilmdge posted:

i don't know for sure

as a law student *pushes glasses up nose, sniffles* the rules are pretty clear

i screencapped that from the legal advice leaked by the corbyn camp, which interprets this the same way i do: challengers to an incumbent require formal nomination with support of 20% of labour MPs. construing the rule to extend this requirement to the incumbent is absurd and goes against the clear intention of the rule, which is to ensure incumbents are not subject to formal challenges unless they meet a threshold of support substantially higher than if the position were empty.

that this issue was even raised smacks of desperation on the part of the blairites, whether they seriously believed they could keep him off the ballot on these grounds, or knew it was stupid but just wanted to muddy the waters

It does offend my parliamentarian side that a leader could continue on with less than 20% of MPs in support of their continued leadership, though, assuming that were really the case.
breaking news

getfiscal posted:

It does offend my parliamentarian side that a leader could continue on with less than 20% of MPs in support of their continued leadership, though, assuming that were really the case.

I think you might have just pointed to the real reason for bringing this up - to plant the idea that he doesn't. I get the impression the blairites honestly believe that, though. They're coming out with some stunning stuff in interviews. My favourite so far: "I don't think it's sufficient to say 'I have the support of the members'." I mean, wow. Way to drop the mask.

So after 12 resignations and 10 new appointments to fill vacant spots, rats continue to desert the shadow cabinet. What a shitshow.

Here the traitors so far (new appointments not pictured)
hopefully he can cling on until the snap election and the local parties deselect a bunch
He's far from beaten at this point though you wouldn't know it from the media, who are frantically running around shoving microphones in the beaks of a handful of circling vultures and replaying their squawks at 5 minute intervals
i've been doing some reading and pro-remain UK internet commenters have advanced a couple arguments worth considering: 1) the PLP should declare itself the real Labour Party, ally with the SNP and expel the rank and file, 2) Jeremy Corbyn wears a suit, but no tie, & that means he's not ready to lead.

that's a fucked up thing for her to do..
[account deactivated]
Labour committing suicide has led to hilarious stuff like a Blairite worm on TV promising to curb immigration and keep "the free market" at the same time, and this:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/06/another-media-setup/

This picture has been all over twitter, promoted by every high level Blairite you can think of, from JK Rowling down. Yet all may not be what it seems.

But look again at that photo. The body language of everybody involved is somewhat strange.

That is because the lady on the right is Anna Phillips, full time employee of the Blairite pressure group Progress.

While the gentleman on the left is Lewis Parker, a professional “creative strategist and social media Guru”. Now if you wanted someone to think up a stunt like this and then get millions of people on social media to see it via J K Rowling etc, ask yourself this question. Of all the thousands of professions in this world, which profession is the precise profession whose major task is to invent and set up stunts like this one? Why, a “social media professional”. Is it not an amazing coincidence that one just happened to be going past, as Ms Anna Phillips has explained it, on the way to the pub?

And this only the day after every mainstream media outlet ran as headline news that Jeremy Corbyn was heckled at the Pride rally by a man who happened to see him, who amazingly happened to be another professional PR man, Tom Mauchline, who happens to work for the Blair/Alastair Campbell PR firm Portland Communications.

I really do find myself astonished by the sheer amount of happenstance in life. Of course it cannot possibly be more than happenstance. Otherwise it might be characterised as conspiracy theory.
But what is Lewis Parker doing with his arm round the old gentleman’s neck like that? If this is truly a fake befriending, that is abuse of the elderly. If it really is his own T-shirt, then that embrace and the knowing smirks and pointing are really very unpleasant indeed. In contrast to Parker, who appears to have borrowed that haircut from an international footballer, and the smirking Anna Phillips, the elderly gentleman’s physical appearance raises to my eyes a few causes for concern about his condition, which I certainly hope are misguided.

And remember, a fake befriending, including physical contact, of an elderly and apparently vulnerable person, while making fun of him for social media, is Parker and Phillips’ own explanation of what is happening here. That is the best case. There are obvious worst explanations of the kind of set-up this is.

Shatnersrug
June 28, 2016 at 12:52
That t-shirt has been photoshopped – I saw her/he yesterday – I was standing next to her/he at one point -wasn’t sure if old lady or man then either – I absolutely promise the shirt didn’t say that, I’m hoping momentum members may have a photo to prove it.

Current gulag masterlist-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/labour-resignations-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-8294813

the hero we deserve