[account deactivated]

blinkandwheeze posted:

i will gladly give up the life of myself and my countrymen if it means removing all australians from this earth

Woah, I thought the Kokoda track would've taught you people a lesson, Shinzo.

glomper_stomper posted:

terminal habermas poisoning

Yep and Zizek's stance before the Brexit vote: "Is this an opportunity for the Left to take control?"
Zizek's stance after: "The people don't know what they want. Democracy doesn't really work"

swampman posted:

Yep and Zizek's stance before the Brexit vote: "Is this an opportunity for the Left to take control?"
Zizek's stance after: "The people don't know what they want. Democracy doesn't really work"

would like to see a link so i can read/listen to it from the source and be annoyed/disappointed even more

when people talk about zizeks crimes it's all refugees this and n-word that but what about giving a horde of bloated millennials carte blanche to Analyze the ideologically subversive messages in the magical pony show

drwhat posted:

swampman posted:

would like to see a link so i can read/listen to it from the source and be annoyed/disappointed even more

http://www.newsweek.com/brexit-eu-referendum-left-wing-politics-europe-zizek-474322
http://www.opendemocracy.net/can-europe-make-it/slavoj-zizek-benjamin-ramm/slavoj-i-ek-on-brexit-crisis-of-left-and-future-of-eur

I guess the zizek buzzphrase of the month is "the Left never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity" I guess I was exaggerating the inconsistency, it's just the same defeatist horseshit everyone else is emitting

Edited by swampman ()

e: beaten by a whole day
I wonder if the West is sleep-walking toward “illiberal democracy,” the ideology championed by Hungary’s Viktor Orban, emulated by Poland’s Law and Justice, and implicitly endorsed by Trump and many of the Brexiteers. Turkey’s increasingly autocratic Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has gone further down this road than anyone.
These are the stakes I was thinking of when I wrote last week that elites had a moral obligation to stand up to the politics of resentment rather than exploit them. I now understand, from the torrent of abuse I received,

lol

ilmdge posted:

I wonder if the West is sleep-walking toward “illiberal democracy,” the ideology championed by Hungary’s Viktor Orban, emulated by Poland’s Law and Justice, and implicitly endorsed by Trump and many of the Brexiteers. Turkey’s increasingly autocratic Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has gone further down this road than anyone.
These are the stakes I was thinking of when I wrote last week that elites had a moral obligation to stand up to the politics of resentment rather than exploit them. I now understand, from the torrent of abuse I received,

lol

i hate these fucking weasels so much

i told the people that their opinions were invalid, irrational, ignorant and needed to be circumvented, and they got...mad at me???
personally think the Elites should have a closed door meeting, to save us from fascism. can't say much more than that without more hit dice to my name.
real talk tho, the shit happening in hungary is fuckin' fascist as hell, moreso than ukraine.
We need to stand up to these fascist waves, and enforce the only acceptable alternative: neoliberal austerity politics!

Edited by ilmdge ()

[account deactivated]
i bet that guy, like me, had never even heard the term cultural marxism before a fucked up mass murderer killed a bunch of kids and brought it into the mainstream. also, it doesn't really seem to have much to do with marxism aynway

Edited by ilmdge ()

[account deactivated]

ilmdge posted:

i bet that guy, like me, had never even heard the term cultural marxism before an fucked up mass murderer killed a bunch of kids and brought it into the mainstream. also, it doesn't really seem to have much to do with marxism aynway

it's an old nazi concept

Do you guys have ' cultural Marxism = white genocide' graffiti where you live? Seems the best they've come up with amongst themselves
paul nuttall found that his thick fascist rant did not take up the full page, so he had to use the rest to write shit about airports cribbed from 80s comedians only without the punchlines. he didn't even blame anything on loony environmentalists driving the price up, or take a swipe at ""global"" """warming""". this is just filler paul, i expected better of you

NicoNicoNihilist posted:

I want to see a serious and real revolution, where we confront the enemy with a hearty "No Thank's". And now, a homosexual pun. I thank you.

Petrol posted:

NicoNicoNihilist posted:

I want to see a serious and real revolution, where we confront the enemy with a hearty "No Thank's". And now, a homosexual pun. I thank you.

to the english middle class, as far as i can tell so far, hearing no thanks is a lot like -- almost entirely identical really -- to being filled full of bullets for getting your id out at a routine police stop

[account deactivated]

xipe posted:

Do you guys have ' cultural Marxism = white genocide' graffiti where you live? Seems the best they've come up with amongst themselves

i associate this remark and really all remarks about cultural marxism with lyndon larouch and friends, though i'm not surprised to learn it comes from nazism

Marxatar: The Last Mindbender
I had been under the impression that the 2nd gen Frankfurt school coined the term, and Nazis ran with it when they initially started losing traction in Germany with the Holodomr narrative

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Marxatar

is this like an obamatar?

c_man posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Marxatar

is this like an obamatar?

One of these
Thats this guitarist
No click zone for real

Edited by swampman ()

hmm i see he has Jim Gaffigan on drums. a bold move.
That's clearly the person from Supersize Me
while i know that was actually written by an intern who works for zakaria my brain still has a hard time managing to fit the various parts of that image together while maintaining the belief that i am still conscious and not experiencing a terminal feverish nightmare
similarly when leftists chant "power to the people" that is a dangerous thing because modern society needs electricity for many things like hospitals, factories, businesses etc, and if it all went to residential areas there would be reduced economic activity causing a recession
"order is the building block of justice." - fareed zakaria, confucian scholar
Interesting example. In Iraq, public order collapsed because a bunch of american troops went in with assault rifles, body armor, chemical weapons, armored vehicles, and fucked up everything and everyone they saw with total impunity because they operated under a legal structure designed first and foremost to protect them from any consequences. Many of those troops then got out of the army and became police,

Huh this "choose your own adventure" book must have a typo, now it keeps sending me back to the beginning?
Neurotic hatred of the political class is the country’s last universally acceptable form of bigotry.