blaming Those Damn Eastern Slavs for white supremacy in the West is an incredibly cynical and depraved means of acquitting the US for its racism and saber-rattling against Russia but yeah, it's hillary baby.
everytime clinton speaks it's as if you can almost hear the deep state calibrating

it's been kind of amazing to see the democratic party establishment in particular priming the public for power plays against The Russia, and how carefully crafted electoral rhetoric is used to give policy planners the political space needed to draft what they were already going to do anyway with some veneer of legitimacy once the product ships and the news people start selling it

aerdil posted:

yeah all that stuff is originally marxist but neoliberalism is great at coopting all the Good shit to make it Bad and Profitable didnt anyone read my dang lego movie thinkpiece

Damn, Legos were originally Marxist?

can you imagine historians in the far future trying to explain who Twitter User at-WhiteGenocideTM was

gay_swimmer posted:

can you imagine historians in the far future trying to explain who Twitter User at-WhiteGenocideTM was

im on twitter more now haha *is drenched in gasoline and furiously hammering a zippo* and whoa that there are actual democratic party loyalist D&D posters in the wild and they're even dumber and smugger than the real thing. i feel bad for them. they're clearly only debated republicans and nothing has ever challenged them intellectually in their lives
so what's the rhizzone consensus on clinton murder cover-ups? which ones are legit?
[account deactivated]
Every murder in America was committed either by the Clintons or on their orders since the summer of 1991

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Every murder in America was committed either by the Clintons or on their orders since the summer of 1991

This but also the murders outside of America.

ilmdge posted:

This but also the murders outside of America.

too close to the truth to be funny

[account deactivated]

bill clinton being paid $18 million at for-profit university to "inspire people" lmao
how legal would it be to set up a gofundme to hire someone to surgically remove matt yglesis's anus

how legal would it be to set up a gofundme to hire someone to surgically remove matt yglesis's anus

but then how would he write?

Careful goatstein, people tend to freak out when someone threatens to behead a journalist these days
If you removed his anUs his thoughts wouldn't exist because this man is a damn ass head
This guys anus is connected to his mental process or ideas somehow... Like those things are bad... And shit is also bad... It's like his writing is shit... Which comes from... Hold on... It comes from.... Hold on... Hold on... An anus.

*where economically feasibly

Terms and conditions may apply, offer not valid in Alaska, Hawaii, or the US Virgin Islands
it's said around here that the face of the machine doesn't matter but if a real anti-imperialist actually made it to the white house, would they be able to limit the military industrial complex? or would congress have enough votes to just override all the vetoes?
You'd probably be fairly limited in practice re: a lot of big stuff but like... Nobody's making Obama drone strike every hour on the hour. That's because he wants to.
droner boner was obamas nickname in college

peeps are laughing at human testicle "matt yglesias" getting owned here but i think they're missing the point. yglesias' claim is government emails should be private because the content of phone calls is de facto private (although call logs are not) so when government sources want to go Off The Record they have to call instead of sending an email. his point is that we should have less transparency in government because he doesn't like having to go through the ordeal of talking on the phone to help appartchiks avoid accountability

Edited by MarxUltor ()

ilmdge posted:

i like how a major plank of matty glacier's argument is cribbed from a speech by cass sunstein, former white house information czar, author of the world according to star wars, and co-author of the infamous "conspiracy theories" whitepaper that advocated paying dumb asshole bloggers to spread pro-government opinion as part of a broader strategy to combat conspiracy theories via "cognitive infiltration"

Keven posted:

You'd probably be fairly limited in practice re: a lot of big stuff but like... Nobody's making Obama drone strike every hour on the hour. That's because he wants to.

after all these years i'm still trying to wrap my head around how someone goes from being a community organizer to a war criminal responsible for the deaths/suffering of millions of people

how does someone like that wake up everyday and decide it's cool and good to bomb a bunch defenseless people, especially children

Synergy posted:

Keven posted:

after all these years i'm still trying to wrap my head around how someone goes from being a community organizer to a war criminal responsible for the deaths/suffering of millions of people

how does someone like that wake up everyday and decide it's cool and good to bomb a bunch defenseless people, especially children

liberal moralism is a house built on sand

Because americans are isolated from violence and always have been, so the magnitudes of the horrors of the things we inflict upon other people simply don't register. Honestly, even to most of us, we can know it's wrong, we can condemn the empire, but most people simply aren't equipped with the perspective to really understand the pain and suffering experienced by the victims of america's crimes. This is a nation of millions that shut down weeping in depression for a week every time a pop music star has an overdose. The fuck do americans know about pain?

Additionally, the american invention of posthumous terrorism association munitions has greatly relieved the consciences of millions of americans. Regardless of what they were before the bombing, any corpse which appears to have held an age between 13 and 60 is that of a suspected militant if american weapons were used in the conversion from living to dead. It is almost impossible by legal definition for america to kill civilians.

If you use powerful enough bombs, there may not even be enough evidence of dead kids left to even worry about the lower end of that bracket.

The biggest thing though is probably the liberal mentality which grew out of that isolation, that they deserve it and we're helping them. America didn't drone a bunch of families, the 'terrorists' MADE us drone them. The terrorists were hiding there and we had to stop the terror. Look at what the terrorists made us do? The terrorists were in that market so we had to bomb the market. We have to stop the terrorists because they make us do things like that. Once we kill the terrorists, then we won't have to kill people, but first we have to get them ALL and the only way to kill the terror is to blow up that school because what if there's a terror in there? All those people were probably the bad people.

All of american military leadership at this point is about the thinning and dispersal of responsibility. The empire is run by passive voice. During the "collateral murder" and other atrocities of the eternal war, the questions and answers were never should we shoot people, should we shoot those people, should we even fucking be here. The questions were, and the "leadership" decisions were that IF those people became shot, would that fall within the legal bounds of the structure which defines when a shooting is OK to do. The gunner asked the pilot, the pilot asked the guy on the radio, the guy on the radio asked the commander, the commander asked the lawyer, the lawyer described the doors and windows and holes in the rules of engagement crafted by the generals. The word was passed back that shooting was OK, the victims became murdered, and no one bore responsibility for actively issuing an order for one human to murder another. That's how Obama sleeps. He's never picked up the phone and called the CIA and said I want you to murder the fuck out of this guy. The CIA just sends a memo saying hey we found a terrorist can we do the thing?
obama almost certainly believes that droning errybody is the best option available to him. he's bought into liberal interventionism fully but to be fair a lot less than the average liberal on the internet

Synergy posted:

Very carefully

the serious answer is he went to harvard and became a senator
[account deactivated]
cherish me tuppins, and i'll never go away.