[account deactivated]
they all listen to chapo trap house. you have to listen to chapo trap house if you join the DSA, i dont make the rules
it's true, the dsa is chock full of dryboys and failsons

A labor organizer in Ohio, who wished to remain anonymous, reports that Clinton’s early GOTV effort there focused on Republicans in the mistaken belief a significant number of them could be peeled away. This play largely failed. And it also involved serious opportunity costs: traditional Democratic constituencies like African Americans and the white working class were neglected, and Clinton ended up badly under-performing Obama among both groups, especially in the Rust Belt.

Only in the last two weeks, according to this labor source, did the Democratic Party outreach effort really switch back to traditional Democratic voters. By then, it was too late. Due to lack of preparation, the voter lists guiding the effort had not been updated. Because poorer voters tend to relocate more frequently than home-owning suburbanites, many addresses were wrong. And for lack of more frequent contact the campaign was often unsure about the voters’ current political attitudes.

And when the campaign finally showed up in the African-American, Latino, and white working-class areas they got lots of “so you only come by once every four years?”

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/11/clinton-campaign-gotv-unions-voters-rust-belt/

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/clinton-votes-african-americans-latinos-women-white-voters/

^ this story is fun to read because it tries to explain the election while avoiding the truth that a lot of people who voted didnt back either major party candidate & either voted third party or didnt vote for a president at all so it acts like harry potter made the votes disappear

like how both those candidates "surprisingly" got less of the share of white votes than the ones from 2012

Beyond the Obama coalition, Clinton was also not as popular with white voters as Obama was. She won only 37% of the white vote, compared to Obama's 39%. Surprisingly, Trump also garnered a slightly smaller share than Romney, capturing 58% of the vote to Romney's 59%.

it goes on like that for pretty much every group of voters they identify with these magically missing percentages compared to 2012, this is evidence for what i posted in goatstein trump thread but thats now the deep space nine thread well bye.

shapes posted:

And when the campaign finally showed up in the African-American, Latino, and white working-class areas they got lots of “so you only come by once every four years?”

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/11/clinton-campaign-gotv-unions-voters-rust-belt/

That's the time of death on this party

getfiscal posted something about DSA i like & here it is.

lol

Blaming Clinton’s Base for Her Loss Is the Ultimate Insult

look at these sadsack motherfuckers haha
i should start a business where i read professional politics writers' emails and tweets for them and prune the Mean Thoughts since apparently that's Harassment and a very serious problem.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

the world is ending on 1/20 or whatever the fuck

phew

many of those bad writers do have a number of people who work for them as uncredited and unpaid/underpaid interns as "researchers" or "assistants" and they probably do read half their mail. but the emails about how they are garbage fairies or whatever is gold for their narcissism and they read all those. the interns handle all the booking/registration emails about flying to saudi arabia with a congressional delegation to see how america's defence industry is enhancing our security and prosperity.
Green Party's Jill Stein Raises Millions for Election Recount

Green Party nominee Jill Stein appeared to have met her initial fundraising goal early Thursday for recounts of the vote in three key swing states that went to Donald Trump — Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. However, she quickly raised the sum being sought by another $2 million. "Raising money to pay for the first round so quickly is a miraculous feat and a tribute to the power of grassroots organizing," a message on her website read.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/green-partys-jill-stein-raises-millions-election-recount-n687801

lol

Jill "don't support the corporate parties" Stein
{{{foreign agents}}}

curly brackets are closest i can get to cyrillic
mad love to the green party for bilking retarded liberals out of at least five goddamn million dollars lmao

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

mad love to the green party for bilking retarded liberals out of at least five goddamn million dollars lmao

at least bernie was running for office when he was doing it

its a good idea to attach yourself to popular issues like vote recounts imo if you can prove yourself more useful than the major parties at their supposed jobs. except in this case the voters who chose not to vote for the major parties decided the election so if i were jill stein i would just take my W.
im really enjoying the "hillary clinton spotted in woods" post-election story series. our first sasquatch presidential candidate

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

im really enjoying the "hillary clinton spotted in woods" post-election story series. our first sasquatch presidential candidate

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/obama-orders-review-into-russian-hacking-of-2016-election/index.html?sr=twCNN120916obama-orders-review-into-russian-hacking-of-2016-election0443PMStoryLink&linkId=32148427

President Barack Obama has ordered a full review into hacking by the Russians designed to influence the 2016 election, White House Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Adviser Lisa Monaco said Friday.
hahaha i'm living in a nightmare
hahaha i'm living in a nightmare
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake
history is a tale from the crypt & i'm just its keeper. In conclusion, ehhehehheheheheh
tell me why the democrats in my feed are groaning about how they've been "forced" to accept jeb bush as great and cool and wish he were president? *night falls* *in the gloom my hand begins to move of its own accord.....*
holy shit democrats have lost their fucking minds about russia its like arguing with Truthers out there
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House

The CIA shared its latest assessment with key senators in a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill last week, in which agency officials cited a growing body of intelligence from multiple sources. Agency briefers told the senators it was now “quite clear” that electing Trump was Russia’s goal, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-intelligence-community-232463

Donald Trump's insult-laced dismissal of reports that the CIA believes Russia hacked the 2016 election to help him is rattling a spy community already puzzled over how to gain the ear and trust of the incoming president.

Some fear that Trump's highly public rebukes of the U.S. intelligence apparatus will undermine morale in the spy agencies, politicize their work, and damage their standing in a world filled with adversaries. After all, if the U.S. president doesn't believe his own intelligence officials, why should anyone else?

Trump, a career businessman with no national security experience, has long taken positions that have alarmed intelligence officials, such as supporting torture and suggesting that it's OK to kill the family members of terrorists.
at least he isn't talking about negotiating with terrorists™

tears posted:

Trump, a career businessman with no national security experience, has long taken positions that have alarmed intelligence officials, such as supporting torture and suggesting that it's OK to kill the family members of terrorists.

lol i thought this was a tpaine edit but fuck no

there's a pretty mainstream explanation that conspiracy theories are our way of dealing with shocking events, upheavals of how we think the world is and should be ordered. some rando with a rifle couldn't take out JFK, a handful of terrorists couldn't destroy the WTC, one man couldn't just walk in and kill a bunch of schoolchildren, therefore these are deeper events, planned by dark and vast forces for their own ends. everyone all convinced themselves that hillary clinton was going to win. everybody not in the insane right knew that she was going to win, everyone from the hillary campaign to all the pollsters to the autism ghouls at 538 and Vox all the way to Chapo and Rhizzone. but she didn't. there is a reasonable explanation that she didn't, which revolves around the democrats cheating to push through a hated, NAFTA-boosting beltway candidate who didn't visit the rust belt, against an economic populist railing against globalized markets. but that requires a lot of personal blame and re-evaluation, and it presumes that the world is not ordered the way one thinks - and more importantly, it directs blame at all the dickless cloud-readers who assured us that all was well. of course they want to suppress that, and who will stand up for Russia?
nah i think maybe one person on this entire forum predicted hillary clinton would win, once