[account deactivated]
change the title of this thread to damn u a cold ass-honky
[account deactivated]

deadken posted:

dubstep is f*ckin awesome

i know a guy whose taste i usually respect a lot but he said that skrillex was the greatest artist of our generation with the same amount of irony that people use when they say "literally"

i;m gonna sleep now i have a LOT of cocaine to do tomorrow

tpaine posted:

c_man posted:

tpaine ignore kenneth, he does not have your best interests at heart

i really like the constant cuts to reagan speeches. talk about ownage. that's what i want to listen to repeatedly

this but unironically

c_man posted:

deadken posted:

dubstep is f*ckin awesome

i know a guy whose taste i usually respect a lot but he said that skrillex was the greatest artist of our generation with the same amount of irony that people use when they say "literally"

*gurns repulsively* skrillex aint even dubstep mate i'm talking old school shit bruv i was at fwd in 2004 fam underground shit you get me

in 2k4 i was listening to the pogues and rancid exclusively. 2k7 is when i start to know about dubstep but things take a while to filter across the ocean so yea thats the good shit
[account deactivated]
i only started really getting into dubstep when i moved to leeds and started taking loads of mdma lol
[account deactivated]
someone got banned from wddp for posting drugs so no thanks
it was a secret santa thing and they sent a shitload of illegal drugs through the mail lmao

tpaine posted:

i bet deadken made that up and just owned you.

nah dubstep was around for a while before making mortal kombat songs for frat parties could get you paid

deadken posted:

it was a secret santa thing and they sent a shitload of illegal drugs through the mail lmao

lol

[account deactivated]
tpaine, does all of this aggression come because you happen to be the...
nihonjin rapping music!

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

here's something you might like ken

this has some real cachet

i know u like this song clarence. how could you not

youre secretly really into grimes
tpaine, its a guy talking naughty words over music, its like rap
https://soundcloud.com/ayanami-reid/voiceover-post-mk-ii-return-to
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
you cant get enough grimes
the video might be ironic but the music is just yet another hot single from grimes aka claire boucher

tpaine i know a song youll like

re: "rap is misogynist"
that is a racist thing to say
but, in reasearching this post, i found weird knowledge online
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Nasty_As_They_Wanna_Be#As_Clean_As_They_Wanna_Be

As Clean As They Wanna Be is the clean version of 2 Live Crew's third album. The album contains a disclaimer that '"This album does not contain explicit lyrics." The album had notably worse sales than the explicit version. However, it does contain "Pretty Woman", which is not on the explicit version. The song – a parody of the Roy Orbison hit "Oh, Pretty Woman" – resulted in a Supreme Court case, Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc., which established that a commercial parody can qualify as fair use.

each of my posts take an average 43 minutes and 40 seconds to research, edit, document, and file

swampman posted:

re: "rap is misogynist"
that is a racist thing to say
but, in reasearching this post, i found weird knowledge online
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_Nasty_As_They_Wanna_Be#As_Clean_As_They_Wanna_Be

As Clean As They Wanna Be is the clean version of 2 Live Crew's third album. The album contains a disclaimer that '"This album does not contain explicit lyrics." The album had notably worse sales than the explicit version. However, it does contain "Pretty Woman", which is not on the explicit version. The song – a parody of the Roy Orbison hit "Oh, Pretty Woman" – resulted in a Supreme Court case, Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc., which established that a commercial parody can qualify as fair use.

hahahaha

i saw 2 live crew on tour in 2009 which was SUPER depressing. they were saddled with all these garbage local openers and then an incredibly garbage touring opener. their set was great, but they did the usual thing where you get attractive young women in need of attention to come on stage, but 2 live crew are so washed up now that they couldn't even get misguided 18 year olds to take their clothes off. they've been doing that for decades but now they're too old to, so it's basically rap impotence. it was like watching a horse with a broken leg hobble around with the full knowledge of its impending execution behind the shed
here's something smart for you tpaine. it's old but good

ilmdge i don't see how you can express your appreciation for a pink-haired teen dancing around childishly and still express opposition to madoka magica

ilmdge posted:

tpaine posted:
the parody picture of rap i have in my mind is still a more compelling thing that horrible non-song. what the fuck? this is grimes-level bad. what are you fucking idiots getting into?
grimes is good

Grimes is bad.

[account deactivated]
Claire...
best 2 live crew track

anyone else remember luther campbell running for mayor of miami?
ugh, all this rap 'music' is just misogynistic ramblings about treating women like objects *puts on the rolling stones*
im rappin
im rappin
im rap rap rappin
im rappin all day + im rappin all nite
im rappin in the dark + im rappin in the lite
im rappin
im rappin
im rap rap rappin