some nick land follower wrote a henwoody article replacing the "cathedral" with the "vampires' castle" of left identity politics. time to FUCKIN BLOG SON

Exiting the Vampire Castle

Edited by solzhesnitchin ()

What does it mean for something to be henwoody or henwoodized
pear shaped
that guy needs the light of third worldism. or he can keep following what happens on twitter as the vanguard of revolution
clicked this article and it has a bunch of tweets featured in a panel on the right and one of the tweets is from jools who called it a farticle. i really wish twitter was easier to readso i could check out some of the thoughts out there
my theory: it should come as no surprise to you that many middle class people seek education and careers in the arts and cultural sectors. University enrollments have expanded and an degree that 40 years ago might have got your foot in the door at the BBC or some NY publisher now competes with a lot more people, while the children of the elite (who can afford to do unpaid internships) snatch up the opportunities.

There is an incredible glut of people aspiring to work in the creative sector (filmmakers, curators, journalists, writers etc.) and not only can they not secure these jobs, but other alternatives (skilled labour, academic tenure, housewife) are being closed off. This is where the twitter/internet/identity/'vampire castle' comes in; It allows this huge swathe of educated, resentful people to fulfill their desired roles as cultural gatekeeper of western society while also providing the only practical (if you can call it that) use of their expensive, lengthy education in sarcasm and half-baked P.C. dogma.

This explains how it has gotten such traction despite it's obvious inanity: innumerable people are perusing it with the same motivations and the same rewards from indulging in the same behaviour.

A sorry state of affairs indeed.
nice theory iman schumpeter
In this leftist infighting analogy, who's the renfield here? Also is it the Dwight Frye one, the Tom Waits one, or the black butler one?
bow down before Russell Brand or i'll quit Twitter and politics, forever!!!!!!
[account deactivated]
someones mad

[account deactivated]
vampire's castle sounds like a badass castlevania game
dough enwood
He was going take them down cyber hard.
my response should be out in the north star shortly lol
i hope your article introduces some good new terms Witch's Cauldron or Lucifer's Renaissance or something
Leaving the Cyclopian Tomb of the Atlantean Lich Na'Fratael - Why I abandoned Trotskyism, by Richard Farrell
The Cursed Alchemist's Grimore- The pitfalls of "Choice" Feminism"
The Sacrifical Altar of Baphomet- The neoliberal ideology underlying hip "progressive" leftism
The Ominous Runes- The writers and staff of Jacobin magazine are jerks and crapheads who should go back to idiotland where they belong.
They're like the FBI, but like for vampires and werewolves- The future of the Occupy Movement
lol just read his fb post, countdown until 1488 academic rahowa has begun, better watch it you PIC-POCs
i tried to read the essay but turns out it was very annoying and probably by a very annoying guy. thanks anyway op
basically mark fisher doesn't understand gothic literature and his theme of an 'exit' is based more on nick land-esque "neo-reactionaryism" than any fidelity to his own metaphor

ilmdge posted:

clicked this article and it has a bunch of tweets featured in a panel on the right and one of the tweets is from jools who called it a farticle. i really wish twitter was easier to readso i could check out some of the thoughts out there

saw that too and went to mccain's twitter. but it was all self-bdsm shots and "retweeting" cocks

I'm not sure what's funnier renaming the Cathedral the Vampire Castle or proclaiming a television comedian the new proletarian subject.
i dreamed that i was exploring the vc last night. deep in the catacombs i discovered a 50 foot tall statue of melissa harris-perry carved from obsidian. the plinth of the statue bore this inscription: "Friction Alone"
http://i.imgur.com/9Savuoe.gif :trots:
i can't decide if i live in the vampires' castle or here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Despair_(Washington)
fresh off the presses: an article response by our very own mccaine

http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=11339&utm_content=buffer20ea4&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
"What remains so curious about Fisher’s whole gothic structure is nonetheless how inadequate it is to its subject. He accuses his opponents, without otherwise naming or identifying them, of being bourgeois, academic, posh, and privileged – yet he is by his own acknowledgement a white male academic and a commissioning editor at a left-wing vanity press. If he therefore does not recognize himself in this image, it must be because, like the vampire, he has no reflection…"

i'm willing to bet that immediately after this line mccaine's entourage immediately starting barking, howling, yelling "eat em," and doing that weird thing of hanging their arms around their friends' necks from behind
I like the thread title but I can't be bothered reading the content
Mccaine accepted the vampire castle aesthetic and raised the ante by describing the writer of the original article as a remarkably small cat casting large shadows on the vampire castle. They're having an analogy-off I guess, it's p "gay" as we say around here in the midwest
some farticle i read
lol mccaine ripped off my piece

deadken posted:

you're a lucky man

lol
steamy

deadken posted:

+1 for Roseweird