anything that scores well with battleship potemkin
[account deactivated]
It's a pretty cool ballet and you can always scroll up if you don't like madoka magica for some weird reason.

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

imgdge

dean shouldnt be attempting that song without the cymbal crashes , what the fuck

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

MindMaster posted:

grimes > wagner > schubert > mozart > mahler > bach >prokofiev > shostakovich > liszt > albinoni > rachmaninoff > mussorgsky > nickelback > dvorak > debussy > weber>vivaldi

imo

cheers, elektrenai

postposting posted:

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

god kiss from a rose is maybe the weirdest thing to have on a batman soundtrack

[account deactivated]
theres a new dean wareham record out but it's probably more sleepy boring autopilot stuff like he's been doing lately, his dean and britta stuff was pretty dull. also just noticed there's a new wild beasts album out, that could be intriguing as smother was not so bad
if you told me in 1994 after bewitched that damon and naomi were gonna have a better future career than dean i wouldve said that doesnt even make sense, and yet here we are

peepaw posted:

postposting posted:

i want to point out that seth's last days were spent retarded, stuttering, quasi-homeless, and with this tattooed on his thigh

which all-in-all basically boils down to "the wages of sin is death"

[account deactivated]
You should go back and watch that whole America video I posted, because it is really good.

i have always wanted to learn an instrument and as soon as schools done i think I'm gonna rent a flute and see if i like that.
my ambition is to do giant steps.
get used to slowly (40-60bpm) improvising diatonically over 2-5s in all 12 keys, turn the metronome up one notch at a time until it feels comfortable faster, then do the same thing with giant steps. ta-da! jazz at its most functional/mediocre is pretty simple to get together
sweet. cant wait to be bad

palafox posted:

get used to slowly (40-60bpm) improvising diatonically over 2-5s in all 12 keys, turn the metronome up one notch at a time until it feels comfortable faster, then do the same thing with giant steps. ta-da! jazz at its most functional/mediocre is pretty simple to get together

You might want to learn the scales first.

"diatonic" means within the scale
better idea get a shitty casio keyboard and a couple old distortion pedals and make noise music then torch berklee

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

it's pleasing to know the open snare has spread out from wigger slam to other varieties of music

annoying snares ftw

palafox posted:

"diatonic" means within the scale

I know, I'm just saying it usually takes time to get comfortable with proper technique and in-tune with pitches and range on woodwinds (and brass instruments for that matter), and scales, along with individual exercises on higher/lower pitches to increase range, will help build to that and make you feel more confident in hitting notes. Nothing against improvising.