the bar fight scene from herz aus glas except theyre buckets of ice
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/28/ukraine-rebel-forces-detain-torture-civilians
can anyone find me a list of celebrities with raynauds so i can ice bucket challenge them

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/28/ukraine-rebel-forces-detain-torture-civilians

you are really building your cred here at tHE rHizzonE by sourcing to Human Rights Watch

littlegreenpills posted:

this is frm ny times lol

Some of the Ukrainian soldiers (retreating from Novoazovsk) appeared unwilling to fight. The commander of their unit, part of the Ninth Brigade from Vinnytsia, in western Ukraine, barked at the men to turn around, to no effect. “All right,” the commander said. “Anybody who refuses to fight, sit apart from the others.” Eleven men did, while the others returned to the city.

that some iron discipline there

"In the Ukrainian army it takes more courage to sit in time out than advance."

aerdil posted:

urgh these people wasting their time challenging putin to an ice bucket challange. i'd much rather see lars von trier or werner herzog do it

id like to think that if Putin were going to honor anyones challenge, it would be David Lynch's

rebels torturing and killing civilians is only bad if it happens in sryia.

i wonder waht color suit the president will be wearing when he/she announces world war iii
sackcloth

putin and obama. the selfie president vs the selfish president

c_man posted:

rebels torturing and killing civilians is only bad if it happens in sryia.

btw can someone give me thread monitor so I can probate these fascist morons

as a superfluous person im appalled
the well-known literary archetype, the "surplus man"
tokyo_sexwale is cop

fake edit: estonian president telling russia a ceasefire isnt good enough during live joint address with obama rn. oy vey
i never posted this here but i'm drinking a bit and in the mood to be chatty. a while ago i was talking to someone who said that the military had completely definite knowledge about the nature of the missile that shot down the flight. they said they had a heat map of the missile flying up, exactly where it came from, and the make and model of the artillery that fired it.

it was fired from russian separatist space. they said that russia is fully aware of it and responding to it but is covering it up for obvious reasons. so i began talking to them about the reason for the missile being fired. we both agreed it was most likely because those who fired the missile suspected it was a military plane and not a civilian passenger plane. so it was basically an honest mistake on the part of those who fired the missile.

thanks to some edgy internet videos i watch i learned that the particular plane did not follow the course of normal passenger planes on this trip. the flight directors, who were ukrainian, had for whatever mysterious reason, directed this particular flight over russian separatist space. most likely they were perfectly aware this was a dangerous decision to make. that is all i really need to say

Edited by Agnus_Dei ()

Agnus_Dei posted:

i never posted this here but i'm drinking a bit and in the mood to be chatty. a while ago i was talking to someone who said that the military had completely definite knowledge about the nature of the missile that shot down the flight. they said they had a heat map of the missile flying up, exactly where it came from, and the make and model of the artillery that fired it.

it was fired from russian separatist space. they said that russia is fully aware of it and responding to it but is covering it up for obvious reasons. so i began talking to them about the reason for the missile being fired. we both agreed it was most likely because those who fired the missile suspected it was a military plane and not a civilian passenger plane. so it was basically an honest mistake on the part of those who fired the missile.

thanks to some edgy internet videos i watch i learned that the particular plane did not follow the course of normal passenger planes on this trip. the flight directors, who were ukrainian, had for whatever mysterious reason, directed this particular flight over russian separatist space. most likely they were perfectly aware this was a dangerous decision to make. that is all i really need to say

heat map of the universe
*checks passports of people definitely responsible for shooting down teh plane* Yep, theyre Ukrainian alright. Ukrainians, what a bunch of clowns. Looks like Putin might have to invade Ukraine to keep these clowns from shooting down even more plaines
its one of those things where i have to remind myself where other people are if i want to talk to them. because a lot of liberals in the United States who "love the news" seem to have like this brain break over the idea that much of the population of eastern Ukraine were born in Ukraine just like their parents and are fully legit representatives of the people in their towns and cities, that they are not foreign invaders but are defending their homes, but they also speak Russian and consider themselves Russian and have family members in Petrograd & Moscow who would angrily demand that Russian politicians act the way they're acting right now if they werent already, and that those people in those towns and cities in Ukraine would also rebel against the coup in Kiev even if Putin despised them, but they would probably just be quietly annihilated by IMF backed stormtroopers because they wouldnt have anyone advocating for them abroad.

this is a little weird to me because i learned it through having muscovite friends with family in sevastopol but i am also pretty sure i learned it in the usual cold-war-obsessed social studies class in a suburban U.S. high school.
the other day my friend told me to check out globalresearch.ca
i told him, more like globalresearch.cia, am i right

daddyholes posted:

"love the news"

i didnt think this was possible

*wolf blitzer's hologram materializes into ferguson*
"this is wolf blitzer, reporting from new orleans"
*i clap my hands in wonderment and gurgle for good measure*
this is extremely my shit

Celebrated Ukrainian director Sergei Loznitsa (In the Fog) creates one of the essential cinematic experiences of our time with this epic, formally audacious documentary chronicle of the historic protests in Kiev’s Maïdan square.

A cause célèbre at this year's Cannes and a rallying cri de coeur from Ukraine's most celebrated contemporary filmmaker, Maïdan is Sergei Loznitsa's monumental documentary portrait of a revolution in the making. A welcome return to Loznitsa's documentary roots after his internationally celebrated fiction features My Joy and In the Fog, Maïdan captures the events in Kiev's eponymous public square over the course of ninety crucial days: from late 2013, when citizens gathered to demonstrate against President Ianoukovitch's regime, to March 2014, when the protest became an outright insurrection.

Eschewing interviews and talking-head commentary, Loznitsa also refutes the jittery, hand-held camerawork of so many formless "Occupy" films or direct-reportage docs. Comprised almost entirely of static master shots, Maïdan exhibits a consciously rigorous style that is directly linked to the idea of the masses. In a bold and controversial move, Loznitsa rises above political complexities to observe the nature of the civil uprising as a social, cultural, and philosophical phenomenon, chronicling the sheer mechanics and vigour of human movement and expression as they are activated by political action.

Capturing quotidian preparations, impassioned speeches, songs and prayers, and the terrifying heat of battle, Loznitsa's long takes ultimately reveal the might of the masses to come together and rally for freedom and independence. (Cinephiles will note the formalist invocations of Eisenstein's masterpieces Strike and October — a daring and surprising gesture for a film about a people's struggle against Russian hegemony.)

Epic in scale, breathtakingly cinematic, and critically urgent, Maïdan is a major work of our time. It is a film to be experienced and discussed, and one we will undoubtedly return to for years to come — not only as a document of a historic turning point for Ukraine, but as a moving testament to human solidarity and conviction and a formidable feat of filmmaking.

ANDRÉA PICARD

http://www.tiff.net/festivals/thefestival/programmes/wavelengths-all/maidan

*runs blinking wand over USB drive* politics are pinging at 0% Lieutenant. it's clean

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

canada is sending 12 soldiers to ukraine. harper is so gay.

getfiscal posted:

canada is sending 12 soldiers to ukraine. harper is so gay.

Donut worry, he'll have to recall those expeditionary forces when Hollande notices what invading Ukraine did for Putin's approval ratings and petits hommes verts se materialisent en Quebec

I'm fucking sorry. I'm so sorry. but saying things are gay, is still fucking funny. to say "that's gay" is still, really, really fucking funny. in 2014. if you are gay, geuss what, you're gay. lmfao. that;s still funny. "that's gay" - me, 2014, now, here

stegosaurus posted:

I'm fucking sorry. I'm so sorry. but saying things are gay, is still fucking funny. to say "that's gay" is still, really, really fucking funny. in 2014. if you are gay, geuss what, you're gay. lmfao. that;s still funny. "that's gay" - me, 2014, now, here

i was going to say "dumb" but i was like... let your true voice speak... sorry if that OFFENDS YOU

stegosaurus posted:

dnqeWq7qgPs