[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Superabound posted:

kilograms

reaches slowly for my boomerang

Superabound posted:

Gibbonstrength posted:

i have at least five kilograms of medals on my shirt. I know what I'm talking about

at least five kilograms

kilograms

tarantino is such a worthless hack. what a shitty scene.
what happens in that scene/movie/whatever i don't like gratuitous depictions of human suffering so i don't watch tarantino movies anymore
i like quentin tarantino movie
acting in a quentin tarantino movie is the one job basically any woman can get, and make a living on. the reason is because of their tips.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol if you still listening to grindcore and not stabfrenzy
[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

it's hard to believe but I.F. Stone, who questioned the entire premise of the Korean War, was referred to merely as a "liberal" journalist in his day. today, people try to smear him as an outright Soviet agent.

and while we're on the subject of journalism read this excellent take down of the WaPo's hit piece on Gary Webb:
http://consortiumnews.com/2014/10/18/wposts-slimy-assault-on-gary-webb/

so some neocon shat out an article on Politico about Putin's "imperialist dictatorship", and quoted a certifiably-insane man named Sikorski, who was just forced out of the position of Polish foreign minister. Now, if you pay attention, you may remember Sikorski (who holds US citizenship) as the guy who said the following when Obama was elected in 2008:

"Have you heard that Obama may have a Polish connection? His grandfather ate a Polish missionary," he said, in a reference to Mr Obama's roots in Kenya, according to a prominent Polish opposition politician."

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/fd77476c-b5d8-11dd-ab71-0000779fd18c.html

Or, you may also know Sikorski as the husband of the goose-stepping "historian" Ann Applebaum, who wrote a brilliant op-ed recently titled "The myth of Russian humiliation"

So far so good! So anyway, the neocon jackass quotes Sikorski:

Since then, Russia has attempted to involve Poland in the invasion of Ukraine, just as if it were a post-modern re-run of the historic partitions of Poland. “He wanted us to become participants in this partition of Ukraine,” says Sikorski. “Putin wants Poland to commit troops to Ukraine. These were the signals they sent us. … We have known how they think for years. We have known this is what they think for years. This was one of the first things that Putin said to my prime minister, Donald Tusk, [soon to be President of the European Council] when he visited Moscow. He went on to say Ukraine is an artificial country and that Lwow is a Polish city and why don’t we just sort it out together. Luckily Tusk didn’t answer. He knew he was being recorded.”

Apparently Russia wanted to invade Ukraine (??) to partition it with Poland (???!), and attempted to maneuver with a deeply nationalist NATO gangster state. Okay! I guess maybe he got that fantasy of World War 2 stuck in his head from his idiot wife.

But the marriage is cracking it seems, for when Sikorski was taken to task on this ridiculous assertion, he started ditching his own story as quickly as he did his minsterial position:

Whoever came up with that funny joke must have had way too many drinks. And the reporter who believed it and the editor who published it must have way too few braincells.

Reuters though thought differently, or just for fun wanted to stir the caldron, and distributed the nonsense on its wire.

Following that wire, Russia characterized the claim as "a fable" and Sikorski was pressed to take it back. That did not go well either:

• In a news conference on Tuesday, Sikorski was vague about whether he made those exact remarks to Politico Magazine and told journalists to refer to another interview he gave to a Polish media website. He said there that he didn't hear Putin's words firsthand, but stressed that they were treated in 2008 as "surrealistic" or a joke.

Later in the day, he held a second news conference where he said his memory had failed him in the interview with Politico Magazine and that the bilateral meeting between Tusk and Putin didn't take place in Moscow, as he said earlier, but at the NATO summit in Bucharest in April 2008.

So Sikorski said:

• "Putin suggested to Tusk to divide Ukraine between themselves."
  • "Putin suggested to Tusk to divide Ukraine between themselves, but it was a joke."
  • "Putin suggested to Tusk to divide Ukraine between themselves, but I wasn't present at the conservation."
  • "No such conservation took place and I certainly was not present when it happened."

Sikorski even got the place of Putin-Tusk meeting wrong. The Politico author and editors, Blake Hounshell in this case, obviously did not even do a basic fact-checking of their sources claims.

woops!

Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz, who's in the same party as Sikorski, criticized him for dodging reporters' questions on the issue at the first conference. Political opponents want him fired, saying there is no room in politics for what they called irresponsibility.

Kopacz said she expected Sikorski to directly answer reporters' questions.

"I will not tolerate this kind of behavior. I will not tolerate this kind of standards that Speaker Sikorski tried to present at today's (news) conference," Kopacz said.

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2014/10/radek-sikorski-throws-eggs-at-ben-judah-and-blake-hounshell-hits-faces.html

Oh, yeah, I'm sure this war mongering, hysterical fantasy will be immediately fixed now that this has been so readily exposed..

[account deactivated]
So that Politico guy.. That was fast

imperial propaganda is the judah family business, his dad was an old hand at this in the 90s with yugoslavia.

also if there's any more eugenics shit or poorly-informed anime avatar posting there'll be consequences
wb jools
But I ain't even selected an av yet

jools posted:

imperial propaganda is the judah family business, his dad was an old hand at this in the 90s with yugoslavia.

also if there's any more eugenics shit or poorly-informed anime avatar posting there'll be consequences

I already said I'll put fascists on probation

[account deactivated]
Rejecting Fascism is the newest Hot Fad sweeping chic western Ukrainian culture. Swastikas are cool now, and symbolize Rejecting Fascism. Oi, draw one in me latte mate.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/17/why-are-swastikas-hot-in-west-ukraine.html

jools posted:

Poor modding decision, imo. When I think about the pinnacle of excellence I envision anime avatar pro-eugenics discourse.

w/r/t subject, this book looks kind of interesting: http://libgen.org/book/index.php?md5=675FFC7D8AFD10530B667853B9C4E742 I saw it recommended by twitter tankie crew, looks coo'

jools posted:

tpaine posted:

but we don't even know what eugenics is

ANd i hope we never will *Slams shut the book of evil, forever*

Crow posted:

tpaine posted:

but we don't even know what eugenics is

ANd i hope we never will *Slams shut the book of evil, forever*

Power STRUGGLE
Wow huh well lookit that, i immediately stopped caring what you two post with your bad avatars now
It's Halloween dressing up as "gimmick poster" for the Big Rhiz Bash at port authority bus terminal men's bathroom

Crow posted:

Wow huh well lookit that, i immediately stopped caring what you two post with your bad avatars now

yesterday i spent 2 hours trying to figure out what the name "monchak" meant in ukrainian. i still have no idea. possibly "only son" or "son of a monk". in the process i figured out that the alphabet isn't that hard to learn, so i might learn some slavic language for fun i guess.

AmericanNazbro posted:

Rejecting Fascism is the newest Hot Fad sweeping chic western Ukrainian culture. Swastikas are cool now, and symbolize Rejecting Fascism. Oi, draw one in me latte mate.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/17/why-are-swastikas-hot-in-west-ukraine.html

russian propaganda m8, not representative of the entire euromaidan movement

http://blogdaboitempo.com.br/2014/03/31/zizek-what-europe-should-learn-from-ukraine/ suggest you read this article
are you trolling me right now because it's working.
yes

AmericanNazbro posted:

In fact, most nationalist and ultra-right youth organizations in Ukraine today use symbols that millions of Ukrainian citizens associate with the Nazi army that occupied and brutalized Ukraine during World War II. And one reason, certainly, is that the much longer and very deadly occupation by the Soviets is also a huge part of the national consciousness. The 1933-34 famine known as the Holodomor—“extermination by hunger”—took the lives of some 4 million people.

This is precisely the problem of the Holodomor discourse. John-Paul Himka has been viciously attacked for this argument, but it's obviously true:

https://www.academia.edu/2033835/_Interventions_Challenging_the_Myths_of_Twentieth-Century_Ukrainian_History_ posted:

My somewhat more nuanced view is a problem for the mythologists, who want the world to recognize that the famine, or as they call it—the Holodomor—was a genocide as defined by the United Nations in 1948. This campaign became Ukrainian state policy during the presidency of Viktor Yushchenko (2005–10). Although I do think that what happened in Ukraine in 1932–1933 could fit under the capacious UN definition (“deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part”), I oppose the campaign for recognition as genocide for a number of reasons.

The genocide argument is used to buttress the campaign to glorify the anticommunist resistance of the Ukrainian nationalists during World War II. I do not think that Ukrainians who embrace the heritage of the wartime nationalists should be calling on the world to empathize with the victims of the famine if they are not able to empathize with the victims of the nationalists. I think, further, that there is something wrong with a campaign that finds its greatest resonance in the area of Ukraine where there was no famine, and in the overseas diaspora deriving from that region. I have problems with all the anger at Russians and Jews that gets wrapped up in the genocide campaign. And I also have problems with the UN definition itself, which excludes victims of social and political mass murder and has become a category for political manipulation (witness the international repercussions of whether what happened in Armenia and Darfur constitute proper
genocides).

I also have been critical of the use of inflated numbers for the tally of the famine’s victims: President Yushchenko and his Ukrainian Institute of National Memory insisted it was ten million; overseas diaspora organizations have been using seven to ten million; individuals have made claims of “at least” ten or fifteen million victims. None of these figures can be justified by demographic data, so I (as well as the Institute of Demography and Social Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine) use the figure of 3.5 million for excess mortality in Ukraine in 1932–33. What galls the mythologists is that this number is less than the number usually used for the Jewish Holocaust, and having a number bigger than six million is important to them. I have also been active in exposing how this kind of competing victimology is used to justify the violence of radical Ukrainian nationalists during World War II.

The Holodomor myth has been pushed most heavily over the past few decades by the Ukrainian nationalist emigre groups in the US, UK and Canada - groups founded by Nazi collaborators and sponsored by Western intelligence services. As Himka goes on to note, the Holodomor myth is consistently promoted alongside the rehabilitation of the OUN-UPA as patriotic freedom fighters who tried to defend Ukraine from both Soviets and Nazis. Little wonder that young people who have grown up in the post-Yuschenko period, with its lionisation of Nazi thugs like Bandera, and virulent anti-Russian propaganda in the school Holodomor curriculum, now turn to the swastika and wolfsangel for strength in this time. It's interesting how well they have also learnt to deny any attachment to racist, genocidal ideology - beyond vague statements about getting Russia out of Ukraine.

Petrol posted:

the rehabilitation of the OUN-UPA as patriotic freedom fighters

Speaking of which

http://euromaidanpress.com/2014/09/26/poroshenko-to-consider-giving-upa-veterans-legal-status/

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko believes that now is a good time to address the question concerning the status of the wartime Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) & Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA).

“What is a warrior who defends his state, who protects it in the same way the soldiers of the UPA did…this is a good time to raise the issue,” said Poroshenko. He then added that he sees Ukrainian insurgent fighters as an example of heroism.

On Twitter, he repeated this sentiment, saying: “UPA soldiers – an example of heroism and patriotism to Ukraine.”

Crow posted:

Speaking of which

lol...

frontpage that post for the dead bodies
Here's more frontpage material, then http://slavyangrad.org/2014/10/14/the-march-of-heroes/