I'm running a forum twilight struggle game right now actually and its pretty fun. multiple people on both sides, etc. still on turn 1, though the end of the turn has almost happened. if anyone wants to jump in hit me up
vampires aren't allowed on this site because they aren't found in the works of marx or the bible

Urbandale posted:

I'm running a forum twilight struggle game right now actually and its pretty fun. multiple people on both sides, etc. still on turn 1, though the end of the turn has almost happened. if anyone wants to jump in hit me up

we already tried this here once before...it didnt end well. or begin well

well i dunno about this forums previous experience with forumgames but im not gonna drop it midgame or something. if people are interested i could just duplicate the posts from the other forum and add those who pick sides to the secret strategy documents.
in order to comply with the Zzones transparency and freedom of information policy please post the secret documents in the secret Forums Games Secret Documents.docx Thread in the Secret Pdf Sharing Forum.

if you don't have access to the secret Pdf Forum then PM Discipline and she'll add you too the userlist
press C to consistently erase class

Urbandale posted:

twilight struggle

shriekingviolet posted:

TheIneff posted:

lol do you seriously need to use that tactic outside of the country too? I just kind of took it for granted that anyone not living in its borders assumes that the U.S. takes unilaterally, unprovoked, military action to maintain hegemony basically all the time.

surprisingly enough, it turns out that nato's hegemonic narrative extends out from the US to other nato client states. who'da thunk that the western imperialist powers were all working together!!!

I'm definitely spoiled in this regard then. Colombia is about as close to the definition of "MAYO client state" as you can get what with the government repeatedly petitioning for actual membership (close but no cigar every time so a lot of political conversation that revolves around U.S./Colombian relations is whether or not hegemony is "good" for Colombia (a more secure bourgeois, favorable trade relations for the comprador bourgeois etc.) or Bad (less autonomy when dealing with other potentates like Brazil or China, violating sovereignty, continuation of Dutch Disease) but you'd get a 10 heads look if your rhetorical kernel is anywhere approaching "U.S. action is benign/benevolent and only a crazy idiot would think that that's not the case for instance in Ukraine hahahaha!!! Dumb crazy look at you and your conspiracy it's so fucking asinine"

The translated works of Noam Chomsky are super popular among the Colombian well-off.

Edited by TheIneff ()

http://news.sky.com/story/1368812/russia-sends-dozens-of-tanks-into-ukraine

Russia Sends Dozens Of Tanks Into Ukraine

"The convoy of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer cannons and 30 trucks of troops and equipment crossed the border into the rebel-controlled Luhansk region."

TheIneff posted:

"MAYO client state"

nice try, but i think tom is gone for good

[account deactivated]

Ivan Katchanovski, Ph.D., School of Political Studies, Ottawa University, wrote a detailed study on the snipers' shooting at Maidan under the title "The 'Snipers' Massacre on the Maidan in Ukraine." Katchanovski reviewed large amounts of l the available and accessible evidence, including evidence, which was later disappeared.

"In particular, this study examines about 30 gigabytes of intercepted radio exchanges of the Security Service of Ukraine Alfa unit, Berkut, the Internal Troops, Omega, and other government agencies during the entire Maidan protests. These files were posted by a pro-Maidan Ukrainian radio amateur on a radio scanners forum, but they never were reported by the media or acknowledged by the Ukrainian government. ... Recordings of all live TV and Internet broadcasts of the massacre by Espresso TV, Hromadske TV, Spilno TV, Radio Liberty, and Ukrstream TV, were either removed from their websites immediately following the massacre or not made publicly available. These recordings were mostly made by Maidan supporters, but they got very scant attention or removed from public access."

Katchanovski's conclusion: "The massacre of the protesters and the police represented a violent overthrow of the government in Ukraine and a major human rights crime. This violent overthrow constituted an undemocratic change of government. It gave start to a large-scale violent conflict that turned into a civil war in Eastern Ukraine, to a Russian military intervention in support of separatists in Crimea and Donbas, and to a de-facto break-up of Ukraine. It also escalated an international conflict between the West and Russia over Ukraine. The evidence indicates that an alliance of elements of the Maidan opposition and the far right was involved in the mass killing of both protesters and the police, while the involvement of the special police units in killings of some of the protesters cannot be entirely ruled out based on publicly available evidence. The new government that came to power largely as a result of the massacre falsified its investigation, while the Ukrainian media helped to misrepresent the mass killing of the protesters and the police. The evidence indicates that the far right played a key role in the violent overthrow of the government in Ukraine."

https://www.academia.edu/8776021/The_Snipers_Massacre_on_the_Maidan_in_Ukraine

And another link to the study, sans images/footnotes: http://russialist.org/the-snipers-massacre-on-the-maidan-in-ukraine/

Edited by Crow ()

This is a great article and, from my own perspective as an untermenschen eastern european, is completely spot on http://en.delfi.lt/opinion/opinion-orientalism-reanimated-or-colonial-thinking-in-western-analysts-comments-on-ukraine.d?id=66281048

Tokyo_Sexwale was probated until (Nov. 11, 2014 01:12:26) for this post!

thank you for once again stepping in with the opinion of Peak Liberalism
The piece originally appeared on EuroMaidanPress . com

The one based on whataboutism defends Russia’s actions by appealing to the well-known principle of “yes, but what about…” Russia occupied Crimea? Yes, but what about Iraq? Moscow promotes separatism in Eastern Ukraine? Yes, but didn’t the Americans do the same in Kosovo? And so on and so forth. It is not necessary to spend any time to criticize this line of argument, as it actually nothing more than a logical fallacy (argomentum ad hominem) devoid of any value per se: a cleverly-used, effective fallacy, but a fallacy all the same.

Ah yes, the Rules of Formal Logic, the backbone of western foreign policy lol
Check out this article, "Pissing on the corpse of Said", which expresses my feelings as a eastern european. Respect my feelings also.

The one based on whataboutism defends Russia’s actions by appealing to the well-known principle of “yes, but what about…” Russia occupied Crimea? Yes, but what about Iraq? Moscow promotes separatism in Eastern Ukraine? Yes, but didn’t the Americans do the same in Kosovo? And so on and so forth. It is not necessary to spend any time to criticize this line of argument, as it actually nothing more than a logical fallacy (argomentum ad hominem) devoid of any value per se: a cleverly-used, effective fallacy, but a fallacy all the same.

Argument from fallacy. 10 points from Slytherin

ARGUMENTUM E SILENTIO! *casts Patronus of Donald Rumsfeld into the sky over Baghdad*
kiev had put foreign currency settlement controls in play in september and those are being lifted now piece by piece. there was a total ban on settlements in foreign currency for import contracts where no goods are actually entering the borders of ukraine, thats gone. there was a total ban on foreign currency settlements for goods already imported and cleared more than 180 days previous, thats also gone. the threshold for checking contract prices against market conditions through derzhzovnishinform went down from 100,000(!) euro where it was previously to 50,000.

of course all those controls from two months ago were also accompanied by lifting all requirements to convert non-trading foreign currency transfers into the country into UAH. this was specifically designed to engineer a flood of uncontrolled foreign currency into the country by private organizations that wasn't possible under the previous governments.

but the changes put in place over the next few days also set up a separate regime for transfers to "charitable" organizations and that is what i expect the West to exploit most heavily.

getfiscal posted:

The piece originally appeared on EuroMaidanPress . com

heres a nice 2011 article from the same author where he explains that lithuania and Freedom House are looking out for human rights in kazakhstan.

he concludes the best way to defend the people of kazakhstan is to bring their energy markets "closer to europe" through domestic political intervention by OSCE, aka the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe,,, which was accused of funneling foreign funds to the Yushchenko side of the Orange Revolution. a good start

if anyone thinks i'm exaggerating, and doubts the article actually transitions from talking about Freedom House spook reports on "minority rights" to talking about using OSCE to capture the country's energy markets, smh in this pro click zone
lithuania tribune dot com.. It's be cool to have a handy reference list of news sources that form part of the neoliberal spook psychological warfare network. Although I guess the tl;dr version would be 'any english language regional news site until proven otherwise'
i was gonna say yeah it'd be easier to maintain a list of exceptions

TheIneff posted:

http://news.sky.com/story/1368812/russia-sends-dozens-of-tanks-into-ukraineRussia Sends Dozens Of Tanks Into Ukraine

"The convoy of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer cannons and 30 trucks of troops and equipment crossed the border into the rebel-controlled Luhansk region."

is 32 a big enough number to be referred to as "dozens"?

[account deactivated]
ad in a ukrainian-canadian newspaper: (note the phone number)

getfiscal posted:

ad in a ukrainian-canadian newspaper: (note the phone number)

looks like u've found ur new volunteer job already donald, or is it too soon for congrats?
donald, where did you get that? what newspaper is that from?

also, lol:
i got it from this page (a friend follows it) https://www.facebook.com/SupportAntiF?fref=photo

also yeah there are like a million ukrainian-canadians. also a big part of the canadian far-left was either ukrainian and/or jewish. most anglos and french were christian leftists instead. my great-grandfather attended ukrainian labour temple meetings, which were a hotbed of labour radicalism early on in canada. the canadian government worked with christian ukrainian groups to smash those left organizations. like they heavily promoted the idea that ukraine was occupied by russia, which was the analogue of zionism. i mean you know that probably but yeah. it was more important than zionism in many respects because anti-semitism was still very popular in canadian discourse in the 1950s. canada only became openly likudnik in the past decade. before that they were more aligned with labor and a hypothetical two-state in the clinton image.
ukranian-canadian rhizzone posting bloc activate
wanna meet that cat
i want one of those tea things. i forget what theyre called. thats about as much tea as I drink in a day now.
http://www.un.org/en/ga/third/69/docs/voting_sheets/L56.Rev1.pdf

US, Canada and Ukraine are the only countries to vote "no" on UN resolution condemning glorification of Nazism