babyhueypnewton posted:

Petrol posted:

OSg7L-xrrCY

fuck this dead gay earth

http://dumskaya.net/news/pervye-v-mire-pamyatnik-dartu-vejderu-otkroetsya-051649/

Google Translate posted:

"Pressmashevsky" Lenin was made of plaster and badly decayed over the decades. The sculptor had to reinforce the statue, covering its special composition, the formula of which is kept secret. "Veyderovskie" parts made of titanium alloy and adhered to the leader of the world proletariat with special glue, which is used for work in open space. According to rumors, the materials provided to the US space agency NASA.

[account deactivated]
the star wars stuff is interesting, but im pretty sure lucas is just a hack who doesnt really know what hes doing (aside from taking kool visuals from various sources) and mixes different politics/imagery together. this becomes really obvious in the prequels when he lost all the talented behind-the-scenes people around him from the first films. i say this as a person who hasnt watched anything but the first one for 10+ years though.

discipline posted:

lol yeah I'm collecting emails right now from authors (up to 5, some are big names..) who say jacobin editors consistently and systematically sought to dumb-down, mystify and ERASE CLASS STRUGGLE AND IMPERIALISM from their work. sunkara is a shameless hustler.

an american magazine editor sought to dumb down an article you say?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Enver_Hoxha
[account deactivated]
I agree with the interpretation of the original 3 films as fascist propaganda and the prequels as their deconstruction and the condition for an oppositional reading of the republic and empire as the same eternal recurrence of liberalism -> fascism -> liberalism with Vader as the radical Event of the dictatorship of the proletariat.

babyhueypnewton posted:

I agree with the interpretation of the original 3 films as fascist propaganda and the prequels as their deconstruction and the condition for an oppositional reading of the republic and empire as the same eternal recurrence of liberalism -> fascism -> liberalism with Vader as the radical Event of the dictatorship of the proletariat.

i knew jacobin was imperialist filth the moment they rejected my article about the lego movie
Every thing actually isn't awesome: a manyfesto.
[account deactivated]

aerdil posted:

i knew jacobin was imperialist filth the moment they rejected my article about the lego movie

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Enver_Hoxha

"He tapped out"

babyhueypnewton posted:

Vader was an untrustworthy remnant of the theocratic warrior caste. The steadfastly anti-Jedi alien novus civis Grand Admiral Thrawn on the other hand....

Edited by RedMaistre ()

RedMaistre posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Petrol posted:

OSg7L-xrrCY

fuck this dead gay earth

Interesting discussion from the other day on Star Wars, propaganda, and fascism.

what is this

Goongratulations http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3390388&perpage=40&pagenumber=2168#post452034373
Just want to remind everyone that this guy was like the rest of us but decided to start paying close attention and recording things and working hard and has somehow made a difference in the world, which is pretty cool and inspirational. Congrats.
[account deactivated]
i'm notable, if only due to size.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

yeah it's pretty funny that the two actually notable d&d posters are 1) and extremely repulsive imperialist apologist blogger and 2) an war industry nerd stoolie who was made into a hero when he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and doing nothing heroic

it's like for all our bluster and shit we're just a bunch of losers. and that's just sad.

i'm not a loser, i just got a job actually

I'm not a loser, I'm a published author.

In fact, I've had multiple posts published on the front page of this site.

Edited by ilmdge ()

I am a confirmed loser. Fuck you non-losers, get better at losing.

tpaine posted:

war industry nerd stoolie caught in the wrong place at the wrong time

took me about 23 hours to realize this wasn't a joke about grover's house

youre only a loser if you let outside forces define what it means to win

tpaine posted:

it's like for all our bluster and shit we're just a bunch of losers. and that's just sad.

maybe we just have better OpSec

gyrofry posted:

maybe we just have better OpSec

nur3uj_AZNM

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/11/flash-recorded-sinai-time-plane-crash-151103071304988.html

A US infrared satellite has reportedly detected a heat flash at the time a Russian passenger jet went down in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, a US official has said...The same satellite imagery ruled out a surface-to-air missile attack, the news channel reported.

"Sir, should we release our satellite data that proves the Russians shot down MH-17?"

"I've been reading this fellow who looked at a few YouTubes, and he seems to have it all sorted. At ease Lieutenant! Let's get a quick 18 in before the buffet closes"

You'd think all that satellite intelligence would come in handy whenever da'esh decides to throw a parade or convoy hundreds of miles across open desert.
[account deactivated]

RedMaistre posted:

.custom290480{}babyhueypnewton posted:I agree with the interpretation of the original 3 films as fascist propaganda and the prequels as their deconstruction and the condition for an oppositional reading of the republic and empire as the same eternal recurrence of liberalism -> fascism -> liberalism with Vader as the radical Event of the dictatorship of the proletariat.

Vader was an untrustworthy remnant of the theocratic warrior caste. The steadfastly anti-Jedi alien novus civis Grand Admiral Thrawn on the other hand....

this guy knows his extended universe shit

btw im admiral thrawn and yall are my little cloaking spiderweb assassin people

also

boba fett

and that one bounty hunter/guy in the back of mos eisleys cantina

anyways if anyone wants star wars trivia,

send my ass to endor

discipline i would like to publish a rant on manyfesto?

also theres a bar in beirut i will show up at eventually

coop something something

babylon, hanging gardens

anyways back to being in East LA

gyrofry posted:

.custom290695{}tpaine posted:it's like for all our bluster and shit we're just a bunch of losers. and that's just sad.maybe we just have better OpSec

OpSec here, please stop posting so people think ur a real life communist?

Remember the post you made to get out of ifap? Write more like that
YrKMiE9WII0
Eastern Europeon neo-fascism will make Anime Real.

tpaine posted:

yeah it's pretty funny that the two actually notable d&d posters are 1) and extremely repulsive imperialist apologist blogger and 2) an war industry nerd stoolie who was made into a hero when he was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and doing nothing heroic

i didn't post in d&d.

Somone blew up pylons and knocked out electricity for 1.6 million Crimeans

RedMaistre posted:

Eastern Europeon neo-fascism will make Anime Real.

cute girls in uniforms is happening~~~~