Not liking anime is lame as hell.

Lessons posted:

deadken posted:

there are things that are good in culture. kafka is good. nietzsche is good. mendelssohn's violing concerto is good. noted rapper medium $ized tim's stunning debut "where are my trousers" is good. the world is full of good and beautiful things that inflame the mind and the passions, the creations of great minds that we are unworthy to inherit but inherit anyway. anime is shitfuck garbage hyperactive nonsense for idiots and i've never read tao lin

Get bent you fucking pseud

ト~トラクター

Sailor Moon is underrated.
[account deactivated]

babyhueypnewton posted:

aku no hana sucks now. which makes me sad since i vouched for it for my lf buddies

its not so bad

i dated someone who asked me early on if i 'knew tao lin' and when i said no kept telling me stories about the 'crazy' things he'd done so i assumed he was some friend of hers.

when i suggested we should all hang out because i'd heard so much about him, she revealed that he's actually just some terrible writer she'd never met and all the sudden everything snapped depressingly into place.

Lessons posted:

Nooo ooooone's thick like Lacan, writes Ecrits like Lacan, no one's theory's entirely shit like Lacan's "I'm especially good at obfuscating~" Three shits for Lacan!

same but the rest of philosophy too

c_man posted:

Lessons posted:

Nooo ooooone's thick like Lacan, writes Ecrits like Lacan, no one's theory's entirely shit like Lacan's "I'm especially good at obfuscating~" Three shits for Lacan!

Less wrong dot org, baby, give it a whirl.

lol did u actually compare blushing girl nerdfuck anime nyoron~~ with sports
anime and video games are infantilised trash culture contributing to the wholesale dulling of human experience, at least sports are good honest fascist fun
lol if u think stalin would have allowed soviet youth to spend hours battling imaginary wizards and masturbating over cartoons of prepubescent japanese schoolgirls
at a friend's insistence i watched one of those anime things + it was an awkward banal combination of brief stylised monster fights, squeakily inane semi-dialogue, endless shots of people flipping switches while reading out boring made-up launch protocols or whatever, and constant gratuitous shots of cartoon panty bulges. it's worthless bullshit lol and if you like it you're a fucking moron hth
anime fans to the gulag, at once
You are an honest-to-god retard and you need to be executed immediately for the good of yourself and society.

deadken posted:

at a friend's insistence i watched one of those anime things + it was an awkward banal combination of brief stylised monster fights, squeakily inane semi-dialogue, endless shots of people flipping switches while reading out boring made-up launch protocols or whatever, and constant gratuitous shots of cartoon panty bulges. it's worthless bullshit lol and if you like it you're a fucking moron hth

Are you sure they didn't accidentally put in the VHS of your dad's home movie recording of your own birth/nurse upskirt opportunity? I can see how you'd make that mistake

deadken shuffled miserably into the camp along with the other prisoners.

They were all taken into a windowless brick chamber and were made to pull their pants down, and sat on toilets all in rows, directly connected to the floor. they were chained to the toilets.

a large screen at the front of the room lowered. an electronic voice announced from above: "The first work of art you will be seeing today is titled: Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Enjoy!"

he had no tears left
disliking things is probably a sign of mental illness, tbh
agreed. i love poop.

TG posted:

liking things is probably a sign of mental illness, tbh

tsinava posted:

deadken shuffled miserably into the camp along with the other prisoners.

They were all taken into a windowless brick chamber and were made to pull their pants down, and sat on toilets all in rows, directly connected to the floor. they were chained to the toilets.

a large screen at the front of the room lowered. an electronic voice announced from above: "The first work of art you will be seeing today is titled: Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Enjoy!"

he had no tears left

lol u wrote this

Lessons posted:

deadken posted:

Are you sure they didn't accidentally put in the VHS of your dad's home movie recording of your own birth/nurse upskirt opportunity? I can see how you'd make that mistake

you like this. you think this is good

baka! ugu~~
deadken talking shit about anime itt and unironically liking t-pain the rapper is hilarious
deadken read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō
or like, akira or something, jeez
deadken is being dandere as heck
i read akira it was dull

Lessons posted:

c_man posted:

Lessons posted:

Less wrong dot org, baby, give it a whirl.

i literally think that postmodernist and/or continental people have a whole lot to gain by engaging with lesswrong people, especially relating to their bayesian kick

i think i'm more kuudere. maybe neko because of the hideous pointy growths on the top of my head that the doctors say are inoperable
Look at this insane anime pedophile doing ken's gimmick except like 10 times more convincing and entertaining than he could ever hope for.

c_man posted:

deadken talking shit about anime itt and unironically liking t-pain the rapper is hilarious

t-pain isn't a rapper he's a cross-media cultural phenomenon

deadken posted:

Lessons posted:

deadken posted:

you like this. you think this is good

Actually this is what I like and I think is good. Fuckind moron.

deadken posted:

c_man posted:

t-pain isn't a rapper he's a cross-media cultural phenomenon

t-pain is an anime franchise. Holy Balls

im sure akira could barely hold a candle to a literary titan like (pick your favorite french reactionary, houellebecq i guess?) but its hard to write about how awesome sex tourism is when you have a wide release, give them some credit for constraints on the medium. not everyone gets to release their work solely to disaffected white art snobs.
every weirdo who didn't put proper effort into their costume and just wore a trenchcoat or something and went to a con anyways to hit on girls thinks they're a kuudre.
i want to hear adorno's take on anime
im a caadre
i went to a cosplay event with a grey polyester suit and tie on and told everyone i was one of the detectives from death note. i did not enjoy spending an entire day around people whose interests i did not share who clearly knew i was attempting to mock them. what the hell
i went to otakon once because i lived nearby and some of my friends were going. i wore regular clothes and had fun with my friends.