jiroemon1897 posted:

haha, you're the same way, except instead you created this weird fetishization of troops to fit your nerdy, idealized notions of ""authenticity."" actually, that's even worse. at least the teenage-nihilist type might actually come into contact with troops, and can possbily relate their pathetic complex to something concrete. more so than scorn, nothing smacks more of "high school loser resentment" than worshiping an abstraction entirely outside of your reality. leave it to an effete, degenerate british dweeb to seriously believe this shit

i never said anything about authenticity. all alienated labour is inauthentic, none more so than that of a soldier. when talking about large institutions it's necessary to abstract to a degree but i don't think it's an oversimplification to point out that the all but unblemished conduct of the us military in all its recent engagements has been little short of unprecedented

deadken posted:

if it's 'reactionary' to oppose the demonisation of an appreciable sector of the working class for the particular type of work they do then yeah i guess i'm reactionary

its reactionary to valorize the "working class" in its expression as a tool of the oppression of the working class. the police aren't progressive even though they have a strong union.

edit: mark ames made the same mistake when he decided that the TSA getting a really strong union was a Good Thing because labor

Edited by c_man ()

deadken posted:

unblemished conduct of the us military in all its recent engagements has been little short of unprecedented

lmao

kendrick has lost his mooring in his vendetta against tpaine
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

kendrick has lost his mooring in his vendetta against tpaine

to ken, literally and unironically: try sports instead

if the behavior of soldiers is any better than it has been in the past it should probably be attributed to people like tpaine and if we want to see any improvement ever we need to push even harder against undesirable behavior in the armed forces.
join my new groupuscule, mim(military)

deadken posted:

jiroemon1897 posted:

haha, you're the same way, except instead you created this weird fetishization of troops to fit your nerdy, idealized notions of ""authenticity."" actually, that's even worse. at least the teenage-nihilist type might actually come into contact with troops, and can possbily relate their pathetic complex to something concrete. more so than scorn, nothing smacks more of "high school loser resentment" than worshiping an abstraction entirely outside of your reality. leave it to an effete, degenerate british dweeb to seriously believe this shit

i never said anything about authenticity. all alienated labour is inauthentic, none more so than that of a soldier. when talking about large institutions it's necessary to abstract to a degree but i don't think it's an oversimplification to point out that the all but unblemished conduct of the us military in all its recent engagements has been little short of unprecedented

what about the engagements themselves, the nakedly imperialistic wars in vietnam and iraq and all that. is it that relevant if the invaders tip their cap to some citizens as they destabilize a region and overthrow a regime? if someones gonna sign up their life awya to be a troop youd think theyd at least consider, hmmm that iraq war was waged under a false justification and we're just running dogs for masters with questionable motives, and now im likely to be told to go shoot at some people and kill them in their own lands, do i really wanna do this. and if they say yea sounds good, hoo-rah, or if they dont even ask themselves these questions, then they're fair game for 1000 tpaine posts

the iraq war deposed a murderous tyrant who waged several wars of conquest and committed genocide. obviously the aftermath was handled in the worst possible way by government planners but the troops did a great job
oh yeah iraq has seen some of the most humanit
i once entered a nuclear submarine base without clearance because the soldiers at the entrance were too busy helping a driver reverse an 18 wheel tanker truck full of sewage out of the gates and didn't notice me trying to attract their attention so i assumed i didn't need to sign in with them and was not informed of my error until the scientist i had an interview appointment with casually asked "so where's your visitor pass then" and i was like "what"
c'mon dude the ol 18-wheeler full of raw sewage technique is straight out of Carlos marighella
*ken drags a cigarette deeply before reading more off a fine sheet of paper emblazoned with the state department logo*

deadken posted:

the iraq war deposed a murderous tyrant who waged several wars of conquest and committed genocide. obviously the aftermath was handled in the worst possible way by government planners but the troops did a great job

oh yeah, well beckett's a hack!

Edited by eccentricdeathmongrel ()

[account deactivated]
deadken's transformation into our generation's christopher hitchens is progressing more quickly than expected.
sure, i'll take a paycheck to murder strangers in dirty hajji hellholes i've never heard of before. i'm a good person who definitely deserves to be alive.
[account deactivated]
if you tried to argue with me after this post youre an idiot lol

deadken posted:

i'd wager rates of convicted theft among serving members of the armed forces overseas is far lower than it is in the united states metropole

[account deactivated]
posting online is a human right tpaine and it's not clever to disrupt people's net experiences
i got banned for trolling gip. i was also banned from ever posting again in the bad computer joke forum whose name i can't remember, the book barn, gbs, the drugs one, the gun forum, and after helldump closed everywhere that wasn't fyad or lf. looking back, those were probably the happiest days of my life
[account deactivated]
but not the ken you deserve
[account deactivated]
arguing with disingenuous trolls of at least as fun as trolling
i think defending Troops is prolly the only way left to really get a rise while trolling this forum
i thought about doing some sort of overearnest agro-sperg defense of agribuisiness/monsanto but then i realized innsmouthful did that for real in the regenerative agriculture thread
HIV is not the cause of GRIDS and also does not exist

deadken posted:

also the idea that the us armed forces caused the civil war in iraq as a method of warfare against the civilian population is ludicrous. thousands of brave soldiers died in the insurgency. blame the politicians with their unworkable plans, don't blame the soldier just trying to do a job

between that badas trip sched sponsored by Vice, the ironic and completely disingenuous apologia of imperialism, and boring staid nonsense about drug taking & debauchery when thats stupid now (ninja now), Id say "dead" Ken is on to a great career as nerd Fuck

animedad posted:

*ken drags a cigarette deeply before reading more off a fine sheet of paper emblazoned with the state department logo*

No its cool its ironic dude. All the brave revolutionaries said things they dont believe too. Only peope who are smart say things they dont believe. Irony is definitely real and is always definitely only irony when used to defend power, ironically (You can tell i dont really believe that stuff because im a member of the Power Groups, looking to make a Career among hte Power Elite. Dude)

I side with Crow, as usual.
Same or at least similar
this old pipe is rusty, tom said ironically

tpaine posted:

it's not funny dude. what is funny is what me and some other righteous posters did to the goons in platoons forum after it was first opened.

what did you do to them?

[account deactivated]