Bablu posted:

americanbanker.com is a good trade publication

I'm rereading Farm to Factory and I recently finished The Failure of Capitalist Production. both very good.

wrong thread lol
[account deactivated]
Ruraldale would never make a mistake like this
So yall should read my pos blog: blog.nanaya.co

I also finally finished writing my paper on the algorithm for why you should dump the person you love. PM me if you wanna read it and tear it up or whatever.
yeah the blog is cool. wish i had done diff eq in school.

let me just say though that i cant believe you went through with this lol. mad respect though.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
diff eq and linear algebra are where math starts to get interesting imo. calculus is just a way of counting really small things. also strogatz ftw

guidoanselmi posted:

I also finally finished writing my paper on the algorithm for why you should dump the person you love. PM me if you wanna read it and tear it up or whatever.

this is like aspergers the blog

i wish marxist academics could get away with making a bunch of unrealistic assumptions and mathematically disguised stereotypes and get published
they do its called social science

c_man posted:

also strogatz ftw

I really had mixed feelings about that book. It kinda went to shit once it started 3D systems so I wish there was another book that I could follow up with.

There's a free stat mech book that goes over some stuff that's related (the chapter on entropy & chapters on phase transitions. a lot of the problems are interesting if not poorly laid out despite his mountains of text that manage to obscure any meaningful premise) but it is honestly one of the shittiest text books I've ever read: http://pages.physics.cornell.edu/~sethna/StatMech/

There's a lot of good stuff there but it's obscured by poorly he defines anything.

babyhueypnewton posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

this is like aspergers the blog

im actively seeking treatment. dont shame bro

For real, I do write on the main page that I think it's absurd. I'll thank my ex for her inspiring words that led me to this absurd, but scientific and remarkably self-consistent exercise in numerics.

Edited by guidoanselmi ()

i have sethna's book in dead trees and i like it a lot. idk how the problems are laid out in the free version but the problems from the actual book are really really good. im going through kardar's books on stat mech right now and they're a bit more formal which i appreciate. they also follow his lecture notes almost exactly so you can usually just read those instead. the problems are more work than sethna's but they do a good job of helping you figure out how to work with the formalism imo.

i actually know of some good sources to follow up strogatz with if you're interested, depending on what you want out of it. if you want to get into the nitty gritty of analyzing and simulating highly nonlinear ODEs and looking for special kinds of bifurcations you should look at elements of applied bifurcation theory by kuznetsov. aligood has a decent into to chaos thats still undergrad level but more involved than strogatz and ed ott has a pretty great grad level chaos book. if you're interested in some of the topological/geometric aspects of dynamical system you should check out the books on geometric mechanics, i like bloch's book Nonholonomic Mechanics and Control, which is actually a geometric mechanics book with some controls and nonholonomic systems applications and is a good intro to the subject since it includes all of the differential geometry you'll need for the book, as well as most of the classical mechanics. once you have that stuff, Holm has a pair of books that are full of interesting example to mess around with. the Real Shit is of course Vladimir Arnold's book. you might also find some books on mathematical biology interesting because that's where a lot of the population models that you're talking about come from and there's a lot of development going on in that field.

whew

guidoanselmi posted:

I'll thank my ex for her inspiring words that led me to this absurd, but scientific and remarkably self-consistent exercise in numerics.

so just to clarify, you had a breakup conversation where she was trying to break up with you and you weren't accepting it and then she was like oh whatever why don't you do some fucking math about it, and then you did

that's the long and short of it, yes.
He's Just Not That Into You: A Trotsky Retrospective
i could really get into this Trotsky guy . . . with a UIAA approved adze guard!!!
seriously though, r.i.p. little buddy. sorry you never got to testify in front of the Dies committee like your weird anonymous wealthy american benefactors wanted.
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

Rashied let's get married

Formula Love: How Big Data Brought Together a Shia Man and a Sunni Woman, and Maybe Saved the World

i know more people (2) who have successfully used reddit classifieds to meet people/get laid than i do people who have successfully used okcupid (0 or 1 out of way more people who use it)
well the userbase is a lot larger. and not just physically!
your friends sound like real nerds c man
im a stem student, so yes

drwhat posted:

guidoanselmi posted:
I'll thank my ex for her inspiring words that led me to this absurd, but scientific and remarkably self-consistent exercise in numerics.

so just to clarify, you had a breakup conversation where she was trying to break up with you and you weren't accepting it and then she was like oh whatever why don't you do some fucking math about it, and then you did

sounds pretty damning when you put it that way...but yes.

zoe whatever from the gamergate thing, her cucked lover also used math and 'gaming theory' to prove to himself that he should leave his strumpet woman.
I started reading Heidegger but I gave up. If I ever meet that man somehow I'm going to choke slam him from the top rope. also i assume that he has a zizek like voice and I imagine that right right before I choke slam him he yells "MY GOT!" and its twice as satisfying

Barbarossa posted:

Heidegger but I gave up

me to.

so i'm writing my business plan atm. I cite deleuze & guattari (non-ironically) and express how relevant it is to user adoption. i'll see if anyone notices...

also cite this: http://www.skor.nl/_files/Files/OPEN18_P80-99%281%29.pdf

someone from rhizzone should just come kill me before this goes any further tia

how did this not get posted here 100x

Bablu posted:

waiting for the eng translation of his book to see if he has any good stories/data/names to share

Bablu posted:

this guy is a virulent Islamophobe fyi. probably one of those right-wing critics of the US who thinks multiculturalism is a CIA plot.

Edited by HenryKrinkle ()

[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

this guy is a virulent Islamophobe fyi. probably one of those right-wing critics of the US who thinks multiculturalism is a CIA plot.

huh. i wonder where he got all those fecal jihad stories from

guidoanselmi posted:

someone from rhizzone should just come kill me before this goes any further tia

all you have to do is pick up the phone and order a pizza in san francisco

[account deactivated]

HenryKrinkle posted:

eh, still prefer right-wing critics of Empire to left-wing supporters of it

HenryKrinkle posted:

Bablu posted:

Russia Today employs a lot of complete unqualified german nobodies as "experts". they even founded a german version of RT thats marginally better than the russian original but for the most part I wouldn't put any more faith in the shit they spin when they put the biggest idiots that rival the rest of the zionist, homophobic german media cadre of Matusseks and Henryk M. Broders on display. (warning!!!! CIA/BND joint venture link incoming!!!! http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/russland-medien-zitieren-angebliche-deutsche-experten-a-999692.html )

Superabound posted:

IMO russian state telly paying a bigot to make some grand claims that are almost assuredly complete bullshit lies isn't really some "criticism of Empire" worth any time