post your books that you wrote. here are the rules

- DO NOT PUT YOUR WORK IN BODY OF POST post as attachment or link thx
- nonfiction is ok
- plays and film scripts are ok
- individual short stories (like <15000 words roughly) are NOT ok although collections might be as long as there's some sort of thematic structure you vaguely attempted to follow
- collections of your posts are not ok
- erotic MTWist fanfiction is highly encouraged
- if u have some sort of quixotic desire to monetize your work in future it is suggested u attach as encrypted zip file and ppl can pm u for password

heres mine its really bad
"markovianly"
[account deactivated]
writing books is, gaey
why on earth would anyone write an entire book without a publishers advance or at least a go-ahead from 33 1/3 or something lol

deadken posted:

why on earth would anyone write an entire book without a publishers advance or at least a go-ahead from 33 1/3 or something lol

because there's nothing better to do.

[account deactivated]
i wrote mine mostly while on the bus i dunno bout u lads

littlegreenpills posted:

i wrote mine mostly while on the bus i dunno bout u lads

well sometimes i write when my chauffeur is driving, but theyre usually articles for reason magazine

if your chauffeur is driving does that mean that he gets the tips to himself once the pizza's delivered

discipline posted:

Because they aren't all in it for the money, comrade

this is not a concept i am capable of understanding

deadken posted:

discipline posted:

Because they aren't all in it for the money, comrade

this is not a concept i am capable of understanding

so you believe that human effort is structured around the monomaniacal pursuit of profits? that just makes you a good marxist.

What that nigga want God?
Word up, look out for the cops
(Cash Rules) Word up, two for fives over here baby
Word up, two for fives them niggaz got garbage down the way, word up
KnowhatI'msayin?
(Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C.R.E.A.M. get...)
Yeah, check this ol fly shit out
Word up
(Cash Rules Everything Around Me) Take you on a natural joint
(C.R.E.A.M. get the money) Here we here we go
(dolla dolla bill y'all) Check this shit, yo!

- Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, The Communist Manifesto

deadken posted:

i make more money doing other things than writing

Impper posted:

deadken posted:
i make more money doing other things than writing

me too

somebody else post their goddamn book im dreadfully embarrassed here
I'm in it for the lulz, comrades.
i sympathize with your embarrassment so here's a blog post i wrote on june 2nd, 2004:

Comparing Apples to Oranges

The NDP has come out swinging against the Conservatives as being "fiscally irresponsible". Anyone who has lived under a NDP government just choked for a second, but somehow Layton is trying sell the idea that NDP promises are "better costed" and prudent. A lot of this comes down to the media taking numbers on faith. For example, the NDP says that increasing the capital gains inclusion rate from 50% to 100% would reap about $2.3 billion more next year. Over the next four years the NDP seems to suggest that this single move would reap in enough revenue to pay for Conservative military promises twice over.

Does doubling taxes on investment produce twice as much revenue? No. If your return on investment is less, you invest less. Not only does that hurt the economy as a whole, reducing revenues in other areas, it also makes the idea that capital gains taxes could be basically doubled seem ridiculous. But it accounts for about $10 billion of the NDP platform.

The NDP's attack on investors does not end there. A new tax on bank profits is supposed to bring in about $7.8 billion over the term. A higher tax rate for people earning over $250,000 is supposed to reap $6 billion. Raising corporate taxes by 25% is supposed to take in $7.5 billion. And if you somehow don't make it through that tax gauntlet, don't worry, they are planning for in new inheritance taxes as well - to the tune of $11.5 billion. When you factor in some other ideas like closing down "tax havens" and a few loopholes, they plan to take investors for over $45 billion in their first term.

If those promises weren't dangerous enough for you, they want to eliminate any debt relief except for a flimsy prudence fund of about $1 billion per year. What this adds up to, without question, is that the NDP would either break their promises on spending or they would return Canada to a deficit. The certainty is that they would seriously injure Canada's position in the world with respect to competitiveness.

All of this comes back to the basic thinking of the NDP. They, with a few caveats, think a 10% tax hike reaps 10% more revenue. They think a 10% tax cut will reduce revenues by 10%. This isn't true. While conservatives can get overzealous selling the point, a tax cut will cost a few cents less than it raises today of current taxes and a tax hike will raise a few cents less.

Which all makes Harper's announcement today that Conservatives would cut corporate welfare to fund tax cuts all the more prudent. By budgeting dollar for dollar with tax cuts to spending cuts, the Conservatives are underestimating the amount of revenue they will bring in. By budgeting with tax hikes on sensitive investment, and slicing out any debt relief and most prudence, the NDP are loading their numbers to create a situation that could only spiral towards danger.

a version of this was then printed in the national post newspaper.

Damn u shd a stuck w the Tories, you coulda been a contender

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/readingrainbow/bring-reading-rainbow-back-for-every-child-everywh
i wrote something in about 2005 about unitary executive theory and john yoo and how its really dangerous and i remember being pretty proud of it but i dont know where it went now

littlegreenpills posted:

Damn u shd a stuck w the Tories, you coulda been a contender

i'll send my consciousness back in time to convince myself:

*THX noise*

Donald. It's you from a possible future. In my world, you spend most of your time posting on an ironic stalinist forum, you haven't had a real job in years, you've never had a good relationship, you think noam chomsky is great, you're fat and a black man is president of the united states. I need you to pull your shit together and get a job in Ottawa. Now, listen very carefully, this part is more important. I need you to get a message to moamar qaddafi.

Nobody cares about any of this basic drivel we spew let's be real
i make my money from my extensive land holdings. buy some land. it is good to own land
I'm going to buy land
I am about to double my income n diversify my assets or whatever shit is popping off in the royal treasury
[account deactivated]
did anyone read my book ^~^
[account deactivated]
not an attachment, downvote pls
oh links are cool, fuck
[account deactivated]
These jeans seem good to me, also
[account deactivated]
I'm just being clear when I post this that it's here for assistance with editing, I'm asking for you all to EDIT my book and seek out any mistakes. I am not posting my book for free, as per the terms of Amazon.com. It's an erotic Sherlock Holmes mashup, see if you can find the parts that I wrote as separate from the parts Arthur Conan Doyle wrote, if you're right I'll upvote your post! If you are able to jerk off to it please buy the book or write a review.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Amorous-Adventures-Sherlock-Holmes-ebook/dp/B00I0B0Q8W
Sorry looks like a htm file doesn't attach properly, maybe this doc will be fine.
downvoted for john christy plagiarism
its cool that lgp wrote and posted a book. writing books is cool, good job to everyone who wrot them.