irving park / old irving, avondale, humboldt park, logan square, albany park

bc they r good location/cost of rent for me
anyone want to make 40/hr w me tutoring in chicago
are you going to hang out w. impper yn
today i saw what looked like a log of shit on the floor near my window, which concerned me, because i only shit on the floor once in a blue moon, and i took a closer look and it was a solid brick of dead mayflies that had been blown in when i opened my window last night. anyway yeah i would move but i want to see my niece grow up and there are various legal reasons why immigrating illegally to the US is controversial.
wtf how are you making 40/hour tutoring
logan square is pretty cool, my buddy lives there and the rent is decent. not all that gentrified yet, real walkable and there are tons of great cheap restaurants everywhere (fat)

babyfinland posted:

what do you wanna know? avondale and irving park are quieter/working class type hoods, i prefer them personally. as an out-of-towner u'll prolly get sold some garbage in logan/humboldt if ur not careful.

toy posted:

i used to make 40/hour tax free tutoring for a navy rotc, all math/physics shit

get a subprime mortgage and buy a house out in the suburbs.

getfiscal posted:

this except ironically. dont do this, as you probably cant drive for s-it

why buy the cow (rent an apartment) when you can get the milk for free (squat in impper's slum project)
tom can drive. tom can do anything he sets his mind to.

babyfinland posted:

watcha tutoring. id do that

getfiscal posted:

tom can drive. tom can do anything he sets his mind to.

You're right, I was too quick to go for the obvious burn (tom is fat so he should live in and walk around downtown) :'(

As someone with weight issues and (parents') mortgage issues herself, I recommend living in the suburbs and going for walks in well manicured parks.
i didn't realize competitive eating coach was such a lucrative occupation
chicago's overrated
i guess 25 or 6 to 4 is alright
their first album is not bad. imo.

Edited by stegosaurus ()

pilsen is thh best

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

pilsen is thh best

why

littlegreenpills posted:

are you going to hang out w. impper yn

he probably doesnt want to

toy posted:

king tom ho

animedad posted:

babyfinland posted:

what do you wanna know? avondale and irving park are quieter/working class type hoods, i prefer them personally. as an out-of-towner u'll prolly get sold some garbage in logan/humboldt if ur not careful.

i want to get a decent place for low on the blue line, near as pos to irving park, but with access to places i want to get to for tutoring

mewymew posted:

getfiscal posted:

this except ironically. dont do this, as you probably cant drive for s-it

i basically dont know how . i shouldnt have a drivers license

gyrofry posted:

why buy the cow (rent an apartment) when you can get the milk for free (squat in impper's slum project)

ok i will do this

chickeon posted:

babyfinland posted:

watcha tutoring. id do that

i do everything incl spanish, esl, sat/act, sse,iiee, gre, etc but im best at humanities/writing type stuff and just general time management and college prep. so if u can do that but more math/science focus thatd be perfect. PM me

I charge 20-25 an hour in Toronto to teach high schoolers and people think that's pretty reasonable. I'd be willing to do smth similar in Chicago for a few months. My father works there so I visit often + have a place to sleep in the city

What's sse/iiee?

babyfinland posted:

why

mexican food

if the agency u work for needs math or physics tutors, im lookin for more work heh. i work for an agency that i get paid 25bux/hr to do small classes for standardized test prep but i get 60bux/hr for one-on-one altho it's not as regular as i'd like. theres a lot of rich ppl in chicago
You could be a tutor of history and the humanities. What happened in the past? These kids don't know and they NEED to know. The information only you can give them. Here's a link to the wikipedia page that'll be $40 please.
i used to get paid $10 an hour to tutor people in o-chem 1 & 2 and im also looking to get the same job again this fall, hmm...
though i always hear from my more fiscally homo colleagues that model minority types are willing to pay thousands upon thousands for MCAT tutoring, so you should all look into that if you have alright physics skills.

(seriously though, i hear about this all the time, you of course have to have a vaguely relatable degree in whatever the subject might be, but MCAT teaching brings in huge money, i would totally do it if i wasnt still an undergrad and looking to take the mcat myself...)

Edited by Peelzebub ()

i guess its kind of a disingenuous thing to do, but put signs everywhere advertising for absurd pay, like $100/hour, someone is bound to call you, many rich parents are desperate to give their idiot child that last shred of hope in going to a medical school not in the dark hole of blackness that is the caribbean.

gwarp posted:

i guess its kind of a disingenuous thing to do, but put signs everywhere advertising for absurd pay, like $100/hour, someone is bound to call you, many rich parents are desperate to give their idiot child that last shred of hope in going to a medical school not in the dark hole of blackness that is the caribbean.

thats a good plan

in general tutoring is a useless job, long extinct with the creation of web 2.0

elemennop posted:

toy posted:

i used to make 40/hour tax free tutoring for a navy rotc, all math/physics shit

I hope you taught them all wrong so they wouldnt grow up to effectively murder y our family lol

gwarp posted:

i used to get paid $10 an hour to tutor people in o-chem 1 & 2 and im also looking to get the same job again this fall, hmm...

lol o-chem sounds like maybe the hardest possible thing to tutor, go do this shit for 4x as much goddamn.

tutoring is trill in my pre work permit days i used to make sous-le-table $$$ tutoring math+science to smelly little children from the catholic high school across the road. btw why are teenage catholic girls so fascinated by the human reproductive system and contraception and sexuality in general they will exercise their parents' $15 an hour to continually ask egregiously extra-curricular questions about them of a married man in his mid twenties? it was very annoying
I work sur le table its a lot lamer.
i've often considered tutoring rich kids at exorbitant rates, but then i remember that i have Integrity