http://www.veritasscientific.com/products/handshake/

the future is raw
... and yet RAW is WAR.
terrorist fist jabs ftw
i didn't know about the rhizzone's anti-technology bent. feels pretty awkward sitting here with my google glasses and new rfid brain chip

stegosaurus posted:

... and yet RAW is WAR.

this is exactly what I thought when I read the OP, stegosaurus you rule haha

beyond this being horrifying beyond words i truly enjoy any reference to the Professional Wrestling world, particularly one referring to Mick Foley or Bret Hart (the hitman)
technology owns. for instance we sent a picture of Hillary clinton to Gliese 581 so the super giants there know we lean in.
is this like those dowsing rods that detect explosives
A grizzled, bearded navy SEAL holding onto a leash enters the interrogation chamber, looking at the young Muslim-looking man in the chair. It's time to tell what his real motivations were for having that Casio watch. He tugs on the leash while reaching into his pocket for some baby carrots, signaling the psychological expert to come in and determine whether or not the suspect is holding extremist views. Clever Hans Asperger enters with a trot.
oh cool i have been waiting for minority report to be real. tom cruise in my own house!!1 new interface for computers!! so cool. check out my cosmetics reviews in conec's thread
It would actually be scary if it wasn't bullshit. But yeah in like 50 years this shit will probably work.
in 50 years someone will release the cables proving it was working 50 years ago
I don't find it hard to believe that it could work now. Or even just realtime microexpression analysis. eventually if you have enough dimensions of measurement surely you can converge on an approximation of yes/no mindreading that's good enough for some state within like 5-10 years, not 50
or you could ask God, who alone knows the hearts of men.
you're confusing god with the Shadow again

daddyholes posted:

or you could ask God, who alone knows the hearts of men.

it worked for dubya

Microexpression stuff is one of those things mentioned in the forensic science is basically bullshit thread, so while I don't doubt they exist I do doubt they work very well, but the principal of combining all these semi-bullshit tests into one non-bullshit test is smart and scary.
As if it matters if it works or not - it'll only ever be deployed (and bought by the truckload by random small-town police departments who wanna be more terrifying high-tech) to validate pre-existing prejudices. Uh, officer, this man from Lahore we pulled out of the line and drew weapons on was sweaty and a bit scared, looks like our Veritas Scientific HandShake has given us a good reason to detain him for 72 hours.
as someone who worked in small town government during school:these technologies are largely redistribution programs benefiting overfunded police in big cities and college towns. they are certainly used to oppress like 5% of the time and the other 95% they sit in a locker and require "maintenance" and "updates" and "action steps"

Edited by cars ()

it doesn't actually matter if this shit works or not, they'll trot it out when it tells them what they want to hear and leave it on the shelf when it doesn't

daddyholes posted:

as someone who worked in small town government during school:these technologies are largely redistribution programs benefiting overfunded police in big cities and college towns. they are certainly used to oppress like 5% of the time and the other 95% they sit in a locker and require "maintenance" and "updates" and "action steps"

oh, I know - but simply by acquiring so much vaguely sinister near future shit, there's just more use for dodgy purposes. lgp said it better, I think.

justice

TG posted:

whoa was this a Lexx reference

haha WWE and Lexx references to go with our apocalyptic mind reading precrime device, this is a strong team here. I think we're ready for regionals, people, so get your 'Rhizzarents to sign off on the waiver and VICE/Tiger Beat here we come

dipshit420 posted:

TG posted:

idk what lexx is, but in case you were serious, it was a reference to this:

TG posted:

dipshit420 posted:

TG posted:

not serious just taking advantage of a shared name:

xVnx6CuBCKw

i never know whether my old person references fall flat or not

damn was that show part of the inspiration for true detective? because time is a flat circle
lol. my favorite episode of lexx is the retelling of the cyborg guy's life story THROUGH THE WONDER OF THEATRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmRja90FdE&list=PL35F8D47387DFC0D3

dipshit420 posted:

TG posted:

dipshit420 posted:

TG posted:

not serious just taking advantage of a shared name:

xVnx6CuBCKw

GiWQZhUmmRw

lol what a stupid fucking film. theres no way in hell that rocket would be simultaneously visible from such distant geographical locations, some literally on the other side of the globe from each other. ever heard of the CURVATURE OF THE FUCKING EARTH?? maybe??? no wonder Mike Myers had to retire from comedy