with goodwill, bonhomie and an acceptance of her values under an umbrella of tolerance and understanding. Sadly this is not fact, but rather a speculative portrait of what civil life could be like in the not-so-distant future. Personally, I feel that much of today's intolerance and aggression is formed by racism and ignorance. I believe society should take steps to discourage racism so that acceptance and anti-racism may rise in it's place. Racism may not always be deliberate but can be unconciously embedded in seemingly harmless activities like telling a joke or trying to enter an East London cab with a guide dog.

Like the slave trade, racism was created by white people and like the slave trade, it is only us who have the power to end it. Racism is wrong and you should not be it, particularly in your everyday life, conciousness and the internet. With hope, soon nobody will even know the meaning of the world explosion outside a historical context or the eruption of good cheer in a social setting.

Regards,

Ironic War Criminal
i didn't get it

littlegreenpills posted:

i didn't get it

get what?

muslim walks into a bar. blind guy walks into a silent movie
that birthright tumblr is hilarious
[account deactivated]
lol still the best
nice tar joey
blind ppl know when to stop wiping when the toilet paper stops sticking together. Your Factoid of the Day

babyfinland posted:

that birthright tumblr is hilarious

what's this then?

http://birthrightphotos.tumblr.com/

babyfinland posted:

http://birthrightphotos.tumblr.com/

ppl say europeans COLONIZED Australia and MASSACRED its indigenous population… smh and now ppl wanna say europeans colonized PALESTINE and MASSACRED its indigenous population?? smh again. #wow #freeisrael

I'd accept any number of suspected ISIS fighters returning home to Australia if they manage to keep this guy out

hi iwc. pleas4e look at the search terms thread in faily planet lol
some dude recently called me an anti-semite simply for bringing up some thoughts on the complicated relationship that the Jewish diaspora has with the state of Israel, but personally I don't know how you can look at that website and not be one.
man walks into a bar and falls down because he walked into a bar. it was eye-level, how did he not see it? why wasn't he paying attention? indeed the metepohor is deep
the search term thread is in FEedback. IWC check out that thread.

daddyholes posted:

the search term thread is in FEedback. IWC check out that thread.

I checked for the first time in a month and mustang had sent me 19 new private messages, now 20 after I made a post

good to see you iwc
good to see you friendo, hope eeveryone is enjoying their summer

a few days ago we had a big cold snap come through so i drove up into the hills with my snow-virgin missus and we were lucky enough to encounter a nice coating of the wintry white stuff....somewhat surreal and almost enough to disguise the inherent banality of the Australian landscape and imagine you were somewhere exotic like Pennsylvania or Ontario

whats a snow virgin. wait dont tell me i like what ive assumed it is

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

muslim walks into a bar. blind guy walks into a silent movie

egyptian bars are fantastic

speaking of racism though, that town in that photo is called Oberon and it's way up in the middle of nowhere, and i swear that when we were walking out of the cafe one of the little local girls walking along with her family tripped and fell over after staring at her in a way that suggested she'd never seen an irl asian before. And while I know this could be taken the wrong way, I reckon swapping some of Oberon's snow for some of Sydney's asians would be a mutually beneficial cultural exchange.
i remember the first snow fall in college and people from CA/south were excited as fuk

guidoanselmi posted:

i remember the first snow fall in college and people from CA/south were excited as fuk

it's the most magical of all weather with the possible, if troubling exception of the tornado

lol. where did these people come from in the south that they had never seen snow.

daddyholes posted:

lol. where did these people come from in the south that they had never seen snow.

your mum's toasty warm tracksuit bottoms?

i plan ahead. when i was in HS i decided to walk to school one day in 2ft high snow (no sidewalks) for 2.5 miles just so i could tell my future children thats what we did back in the day.

guidoanselmi posted:

i plan ahead. when i was in HS i decided to walk to school one day in 2ft high snow (no sidewalks) for 2.5 miles just so i could tell my future children thats what we did back in the day.

based on the premise that

a) changing trends in urban design mean that their neighborhood will have sidewalks
b) global warming will have made deep snow a thing of the past
c) new frontiers in American Laziness mean that not only will they not have sidewalks but walking will likely be prohibited
d) gasoline shortages will reduce traffic to the point that pedestrians will use the roadway
e) hoverboards

?

as a northerner, there are things that I too have not frequently experienced which fill me with a magical feeling of childish wonder. but instead of being mystified by the gentle beauty of snow, i am awestruck by swarms of filthy cockroaches, murderous venom creatures, and planking.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

c) new frontiers in American Laziness mean that not only will they not have sidewalks but walking will likely be prohibited

actually we already werent allowed to walk to school. i snuck in, i was such a rebel

guidoanselmi posted:

actually we already werent allowed to walk to school. i snuck in, i was such a rebel

how on earth would something like that be enforced. where did you go to school, dachau?

shriekingviolet posted:

as a northerner, there are things that I too have not frequently experienced which fill me with a magical feeling of childish wonder. but instead of being mystified by the gentle beauty of snow, i am awestruck by swarms of filthy cockroaches, murderous venom creatures, and planking.

that's old hat, check out 'bubbling'

shriekingviolet posted:

guidoanselmi posted:

how on earth would something like that be enforced. where did you go to school, dachau?

seriously? yuk it up all you want but you know that the inadequate and antiquated educational facilities at Dachau hobbled the schooling of tens of thousands of pupils right? Easy to laugh when you weren't the ones having to rely on old textbooks from 1941

shriekingviolet posted:

that's old hat, check out 'bubbling'

isn't that just a forced gag that vice was stupid enough to take seriously. i suppose it could have gone full circle to folks reenacting a hoax that they believe in

childhood stories with guido anselmi. chp1

rules werent there to be enforced. certainly not uniformly. HS was a hilarious shit show of me vs authority. i was a great student, had worked in the school district IT, and led a few clubs but i didn't want to follow arbitrary rules (like no laptops/drinks in the library, not having to be in school if i had a free period for the first/last period). i earned enough good graces with the right people and made reasonable enough excuses such that i could break some rules while others were punished. i remember vividly drinking coffee while someone was written up for having bottled water in the library. pretty shitty of me in retrospect?

at some point the principal changed and we literally got an ex-fbi field agent who was dumb as bricks. he ended up hating me for not retasking in woodshop to build him a free desk because i was busy doing my own thing. he ended up throwing me out on the last day of school for driving a go-kart i made for senior project around the parking lot to show the teachers who mentored me. there were no rules about go-karts in the parking lot...the guy ended up getting fired a few years later for embezzling property.

a few years after i graduated they did lockup the school during non-starting/ending hours. like you had to be buzzed into the building whlie staring into a camera. fwiw this is in a rich, predominately jewish public high school of 800 students. ironically, it is dachau now. to mix references, i dont think i could get away with being hogan if i went to HS nowadays.

shriekingviolet posted:

Cronulla Sharks five-eighth Todd Carney has reportedly been sacked by the NRL club after a photo of him engaging in a vulgar act in a hotel bathroom was widely circulated on social media but chief executive Steve Noyce is denying a decision has been reached.

The image, which is too graphic to publish and has yet to be authenticated, appears to show the Cronulla Sharks player urinating towards his mouth while standing at a urinal.

The photo is believed to have been taken in Sydney on Saturday night, not in Brisbane on Friday during the Sharks’ celebrations after their dramatic upset win over the Broncos, in which Carney starred. It is the latest incident to hurt Carney’s career, which has been marred by alcohol-related issues.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-star-todd-carney-sacked-over-vulgar-photo-incident-20140629-zsq4d.html#ixzz38LeHStUY

thanks for the story, sounds like it was an utterly baffling place. also you had "mentors" wtf

the only memory i have vaguely like that was when some construction work caused a gas leak and the rules were that everyone was to evacuate immediately no matter what, no stops at lockers etc. it was the middle of the winter, at least 20 below, and some of us only had tshirts on. the kids who took the bus/had parents with available vehicles were fine but some (myself incl.) had to just walk home as we were. the gas leak was totally trivial, but someone nearly died of hypothermia due to admin mindlessly covering its ass. it was hilarious

The image, which is too graphic to publish and has yet to be authenticated, appears to show the Cronulla Sharks player urinating towards his mouth while standing at a urinal.

god is real

that is so goddamn ridiculous hahaha
there is now apparently a trend of australian guys posting pics of themselves pissing into their own mouths in support for him, to show that you're totally a normal everyday australian man when you piss into your own mouth on the internet and you should be able to continue your normal job and life and not be fired for it

i'd continue to analyze this but i have some pictures to ta*gargle*
welcome back iwc. whats crackin