stop pretending to be dense about what constitutes addiction and abuse
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
no one's mad at you
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

DildoMalone posted:

no i dont think anyone would call getting high one single time drug abuse

i mean, if ur taking more than the suggested dose, it`s technically "drug abuse" na mean

not according to any accepted definition of the term, no it isnt

conec posted:

besides, you act as if drug addictions are fatal diseases. drug habits can be kicked, y act like it`s some form of cancer ?

nobodys doing that

[account deactivated]
where did anyone say that
[account deactivated]
Don't you get enough attention?

swirlsofhistory was probated until (July 26, 2014 16:53:43) for this post!

[account deactivated]

DildoMalone posted:

drug abuse and alcoholism are most definitely mental illnesses

only in the modern sense that we have to pathologize everything, they can also just be vices or bad habits or lifestyle choices. It's like how in eulogys for Kurt Cobain or John Belushi they say that they 'battled drug addiction' which is really just another way of saying 'they enjoyed taking lots of drugs'.

Again, it's this arbitrary categorization and judgement that irks me - if someone drinks too much in the course of their life then they're either a piece of shit according to conec or blameless victims who are 'suffering' from a mental illness.

I'm a heavy smoker, i know it's dangerous and in an abstract way i'm aware that i'll probably pay for it at some point, yet i continue to smoke because it's part of my routine and helps order my time and mood. I certainly have a physical nicotine addiction but a mental illness? i wouldn't have thought so.....i'm not sure why that would apply to drinkers rather than smokers

u might call it hatin' but i just call it a ruthless criticism of everything existing
conec why do you revel in your lack of empathy? some might call it the highest virtue. Christ provides an excellent example for all to emulate as he finds the humanity in those that you would shower with hatred and scorn and instead shows them love and compassion
[account deactivated]
im referring more toward the scorn for rapists and murderers, but it applies to your hatred for alcoholics too. finding the humanity in the lowest and most despised people is something to constantly strive for, despite knowing that we will always fall short of that ideal. thats one of the central tenets of Christ's teachings and basically the most worthwhile part of christianity/religion in general
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

neway, i know y u bads are on my case. it`s bcos u pig idiots fixate on me for whatever reason, primary reason being my gender.

why exactly are you upset at what swirlsofhistory posted, do you not like attention? I do, it's validating and informs ones sense of self and your place in the world.

[account deactivated]
honestly i dont think people fixate on u so much because of ur gender as the fact that u have a very unique and aggressive posting style
[account deactivated]
i didnt say you were a spoiled princess, i said some of your opinions are fucked up like that. i really wasnt trying to imply that you are a brat just that you say horrendous gross stuff sometimes. if you think im a hypocrite then fine maybe i am one but its still fucked up to say hateful ignorant shit. thats all
[account deactivated]
how did such a good post become such a bad thread

conec posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

conec posted:

neway, i know y u bads are on my case. it`s bcos u pig idiots fixate on me for whatever reason, primary reason being my gender.

why exactly are you upset at what swirlsofhistory posted, do you not like attention? I do, it's validating and informs ones sense of self and your place in the world.

cos he was implying that i`m some sort of attention wh*re. if u want to sit there and act like it wasn`t intentionally insulting, then be my guest ~ idc tbh

well leaving aside the implications of 'attention whoring' which is a concept i hate anyway (prostitute's motivation is money so the anology falls down most times it's used).......if it's insulting it's because you probably found there to be a kernel of truth in there:

You posted an agressive, provocative opinion of yours attacking the character of people based on their participation in socially widespread activity. While the previous posters were discussing the uses of alcohol in a somewhat wry and detached way, your contribution was personal and direct. Imagine you were enjoying a Jerry Seinfeld stand up performance, appreciating the way he weaves and twists around a seemingly mundane topic like airline peanuts, finding angles that were surprising and relatable as well as funny. All of a sudden, Jerry walks off the stage and in walks Bill Hicks who starts demanding to know if any airplane peanut manufacturers are in the crowd and if so they should kill themselves.

I'd probably feel a little deflated, and it wouldn't be to do with his gender.

the only way that gender is involved here is that conec is used to people giving her a pass on saying goony shit

babyfinland was probated until (July 26, 2014 16:53:26) for this post!

*sips coconut rum out of a baby shoe*
[account deactivated]
bye bill hicks

Ironicwarcriminal was probated until (July 26, 2014 16:53:17) for this post!

[account deactivated]
wow
I always hated that guy. That guy as well....*squinting* uh fuck that guy big time... fuck that other guy too...and him.
Mentally ill mods have swept away the unchill posters until only mustang alts remain. And there's time now...time for 'stang.