damn guys did conec quit posting?
good job you drove away one of the last female posters. you fucking people make me sick
i guess we'll either have to recruit more women or convince some lurkers to take hormones.

daddyholes posted:

stegosaurus posted:

did they use mushrooms.

they grow native around leningrad and have been used there for centuries at least so probably lol.

i asked because of the russian thing, for mushrooms.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

good job you drove away one of the last female posters. you fucking people make me sick

remember when ppl said this seriously

remember when you stopped posting
i don't remember that but i'd love to learn about it in a concise yet nuanced fashion
i too remember the 2000s
conec will come back

...r-right?
conec is prob my fave poster, #freeconec
i think everyone likes conec, but it does become a little awkward when she starts probating people and otherwise using authority. i think the best solution is for conec to continue to post but for more seasoned posters to have authority.
in thge gayest voice possible: i think the best solution is for conec to continue to post but for more seasoned posters to have authority.
i think that all rhizzone power and authority should be vested into the hands of one Chosen Poster, who is then symbolically immolated inside of a giant wicker Shoulder Dragon
conecs greatest tactical error was coming out against mental illness in an LF splinter group
do they still have the depression thread on the other lf
damn, what's rhizzone going to be like without conec's barely readable posts

babyfinland posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

yeah, that was me. got a problem?

animedad posted:

babyfinland posted:

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

yeah, that was me. got a problem?

lol at u

didnt he say that in response to a male poster literally stalking and threatening the women who left
Conec Will Return In: Banning All You Fiuckers

"literally stalking" huh

conec posted:

i hate drunks and i hate drunk ppl theyre the worst im a teetotaler for life na mean.. im currently straight edge but i wont lie i do enjoy smoking ganja na mean but i havent smoked in months nd i intend to keep it that way cos im edge or w/e but yea. f`ck booze. if u need alcohol to have a good time or to feel more comfortable around ppl then ur jus a social redart anyway and u shouldn`t be hanging out w anyone imo

Being an alcoholic is "mondo cool".

Crow posted:

remember when you stopped posting

I remember that dude.

babyfinland posted:

"literally stalking" huh

*stalkign

Lessons posted:

Being an alcoholic is "mondo cool".

conec posted:

TheIneff posted:

that's a pretty regressive view on alcoholism and also very common and understandable from the point of view of someone who's been surrounded by alcoholism a good portion of their lives. hopefully you break out of that type of idealism some day but yeah conec addiction in general isn't as simple as going "welp personal choices dud *steps over sidewalk corpse while skipping to work and laughing @ pain because hey their Choice* ". better to look at social phenomenon holistically rather then actions unto themselves

i hear u dude but i pretty much find all addiction pathetic. i even brought up how i fail to understand addiction while riding in my sentra w blinkie. drug addicts usually know when they have a problem, there is nothing forcing them to continue w their drug use though. sure, junkies experience unconscionable discomfort for a while due to withdraws, but still. alcoholics are a breed of their own, though. it`s just booze - like, literally, all they have to do to get better is *stop drinking*. it`s not that hard lol and i don`t feel sorry for em. i don`t care what their past looks like - like, i don`t care if poor johnny was beaten up by his daddy on a daily basis and sucked off his soccer coach. he can go for a run or seek therapy or sth na mean. killing the pain via alcohol is just pathetic

Yeah that about sums it up. You fail to understand addiction. Just like right as the surface here, you're saying "drug addicts go through some shit, but it's just booze", because you don't know that alcohol withdrawal is one of two drug withdrawals that can outright kill you (the other being benzodiazepines) and is a long, excruciating process on both a physical and a psychological level. That's just like a minor issue though because you're approaching this on a fundamentally fucked up level the same way that conservatives like to talk about poor people. Like I'm not going to insult you by rewording your quotes about drinking to being about hard word & getting a job but all the basics are there: "all they have to do is put in some effort", "it's not that hard", "I don't care about their background", etc. ... would you accept these arguments if we were talking about any other life circumstance, like poverty? I sure hope not because they're bullshit whether you're talking about escaping either poverty or alcoholism. It is hard, it's not just about effort, and people's backgrounds do matter. You keep responding to people saying this stuff with "Oh, so you're saying it's impossible to stop drinking?" when of course we're not, we're saying that it's hard and you're being really judgmental when you act like they're assholes for failing at it.

That's not even the core problem though. You're talking about wifebeaters and deadbeat dads... of course you can judge and condemn people for beating their wives and abandoning their kids, and alcohol isn't an excuse, everything in our society from the interpersonal to the legal level backs you up there. But it's really obvious that you don't just condemn people for getting drunk and beating their wives, you outright hate people just for being alcoholics. For having a disease, a mental illness, that isn't under their control. And fundamentally that's on the same moral level as hating people for being mentally handicapped, there are no other words for it besides just bigoted and hateful.

I assume you're going to be pissed at me when you read this but not sorry because your posts really upset me since you're basically saying a lot of my friends, a lot of my family, are pieces of shit. And not for anything they've done (no one of these people beat their wives and abandon their kids) but because they have a disease.

yeah stick it to the bad poster who doesn't post here anymore
*pours out a 40 of `s*
i like conec, even though she had some VERY problematic ideas re: The X-Files
lips that touched liquor shall not touch mine - that'd be rape culture

daddyholes posted:

didnt he say that in response to a male poster literally stalking and threatening the women who left

just another day in the life of Tom

guidoanselmi posted:

childhood stories with guido anselmi. chp1

rules werent there to be enforced. certainly not uniformly. HS was a hilarious shit show of me vs authority. i was a great student, had worked in the school district IT, and led a few clubs but i didn't want to follow arbitrary rules (like no laptops/drinks in the library, not having to be in school if i had a free period for the first/last period). i earned enough good graces with the right people and made reasonable enough excuses such that i could break some rules while others were punished. i remember vividly drinking coffee while someone was written up for having bottled water in the library.

at some point the principal changed and we literally got an ex-fbi field agent who was dumb as bricks. he ended up hating me for not retasking in woodshop to build him a free desk because i was busy doing my own thing. he ended up throwing me out on the last day of school for driving a go-kart i made for senior project around the parking lot to show the teachers who mentored me. there were no rules about go-karts in the parking lot

Hell Yeah

hollywood trying to get us to humanize soldiers again:

they should probably work on humanizing Kristen sTewart first
[account deactivated]
im ddrinking flyings dogs "double dog" ipa 11.5% abv
conec ur posts were basically outright offensive, it wasnt misogyny it was ppl upset and responding to yo,u and gettging people probated/ifapped for being rude is ridic, bnw should be demodded if he gonna probate on ur behalf
i made that post with the help of alcohol
[account deactivated]