good list imo, that should probably be a stickied thread/ front page post or something

did you forget Moshe Lewin or you dont like him or what?
its extremely f*cked up that felix chuevs book of conversations with lazar kaganovich arent available in english translation imo.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/399271985542230016
goodpost crowe

babyfinland posted:

good list imo, that should probably be a stickied thread/ front page post or something

did you forget Moshe Lewin or you dont like him or what?

I left off a bunch of stuff I didn't know

Oh right, added Webbs' Soviet Communism: A New Civilisation, that's a damn treasure trove of information
are those reposted getfiscal posts Crow or are they yours. asking for a friend.
oh okay.
i don't think of getfiscal as being a set of legendary posts. i think of him as a steady beat that constantly reassures, entertains and uplifts. his simple, everyday posting is truly his greatest work. while it's true that future generations might benefit from an archive of his most extensive writings, especially his satire, they won't reflect the je ne sais quo of the regular getfiscal experience. it also seems a little premature, and perhaps anxiety-inducing, for us to collect them, like we're eulogizing him. he is still with us, still producing excellent content for the people on a daily basis.

the only person who really knows what the best getfiscal posts are is getfiscal himself, and i trust him to personally archive his favorite material, whether he chooses to share it or not.

Agnus_Dei posted:

i don't think of getfiscal as being a set of legendary posts. i think of him as a steady beat that constantly reassures, entertains and uplifts. his simple, everyday posting is truly his greatest work. while it's true that future generations might benefit from an archive of his most extensive writings, especially his satire, they won't reflect the je ne sais quo of the regular getfiscal experience. it also seems a little premature, and perhaps anxiety-inducing, for us to collect them, like we're eulogizing him. he is still with us, still producing excellent content for the people on a daily basis.

the only person who really knows what the best getfiscal posts are is getfiscal himself, and i trust him to personally archive his favorite material, whether he chooses to share it or not.

noted and its happening anyway. It will not just be his long care posts btw.

i cant say I really understand how its going to chap anyone to collect a body of work to date anyway. the only anxiety i have is that im going to miss a choice reference because I barely remember five years ago.
This is a really embarrassing circlejerk and you should be ashamed of yourself, OP.
hi Alex. Contribute or get the fuck out.
i will nakedly and completely destroy my reputation on this mud pile to make a single one of you a Book. I will both care and try hard. Peace.

Lessons posted:

This is a really embarrassing circlejerk and you should be ashamed of yourself, OP.

Agreed. don't turn rhizzone into a really embarassing circlejerk, that would be bad

babyfinland posted:

Lessons posted:

Agreed. don't turn rhizzone into a really embarassing circlejerk, that would be bad

i take the point that it could be potentially a really creeplord dingus situation when someone spends their free time collecting, reproducing and appreciating the internet content of others. But enough about your tumblr

Agnus_Dei posted:

thank you lungfish. also, happy feast of st. ignatius of loyola.

if i promise to write a book one day will you not do this. i don't really think it's a good idea. i thought maybe if i took zero responsibility over it it would be fine. but it's impossible to take zero responsibility over it and i'd have to edit it and that would be weird because i don't think it's a good idea. oh well.
you cd send some extracts to laurie penny or someone and let them publish it under their name for cash money
ITS OUT OF YOUR HANDS NOW
no thats fine. you have to promise though, in a post, promising to do it.
then rename this the Crows Book Crlub Thread and keep it stickied.
lol a book club run by him would be fuckign spectacular
rhizzone could kickstart a book club
http://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/12268/?page=2#post-243265
go on hrymu upit camera pjoone on it's a photoshooot

babyfinland posted:

DUDE he wouldnt EVEN put Bloodlands on there or even rush transcipt from This CIA Life or EVEN Nazi propaganda

you know he has a lot in common with our very own Founding Father

The Reluctant Leader

Crow posted:

babyfinland posted:

DUDE he wouldnt EVEN put Bloodlands on there or even rush transcipt from This CIA Life or EVEN Nazi propaganda

Let'S REAd AnnE AppleBAUm

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

I love you donald more than I've ever loved anyone I've never met or at least spoken to on the phone

thank you. i hope your adventure continues to go well.

yo gf what did you deactivate your ask.fm for is it an IP protection measure...or have people been sending you mean things fuck em

littlegreenpills posted:

yo gf what did you deactivate your ask.fm for is it an IP protection measure...or have people been sending you mean things fuck em

i'm trying to change how i use my time online so i'm not just angry or snarky a lot of the time. part of which involves being less focused on my own little world and more interested in like... things going on around me.

congrats on having that kind of surplus "body energol!"
we had a 6th grade science textbook that taught us to critically read advertising with a graph indicating "body energol"
littlegreenpills, i want to buy your energol
also thank you donald because i have to work on my car this weekend. i have destroyed everything i collected by writing 0s to the drive.
i just made a pdf of molotov remembers you can get it here : - )