http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/world/iraq-options/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
anyone call this one?
targets include civilians, food, mosques, water, birds, fish, trees
i honestly wonder what they're going to hit. like how much humint do they really have for meaningful targeting? like you can loiter by cities in a drone and look for checkpoints but thats a pretty tactical target.

it'd be great if there was some battle of oran action (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-K%C3%A9bir ) goin where we destroy our own hand-me-downs - but i imagine IS kids were actually smart enough to divvy up the spoils and not leave them in their bases.

i guess that's to say there are no strategic targets except for leadership but it seems to much of a CF to actually get good intel?? guido's $0.02.
humint: are there people there? if so, bomb that people
we did it! we bombed the people. now lets all go out for frosty chocolate milkshakes

guidoanselmi posted:

i honestly wonder what they're going to hit. like how much humint do they really have for meaningful targeting? like you can loiter by cities in a drone and look for checkpoints but thats a pretty tactical target.

they're gonna kill everybody

blow up whatever that dam is kill em all.

put up mission accomplished banner again

We're gonna bomb some folks

idk wtf happened to the dude that takes the pictures for HONY on fb but literally the last 3 were all of Iraqis facing some type of internal displacement from ISIS with the Grave Subtext being "something must surely be done for these folks."

yeah the same guy who walks around central park asking people what the meaning of happiness is.
well come on now taht gaza is winding down we gotta bomb something new/old
if we don't use the bombs as quickly as they're manufactured we'll soon face a critical mass
I'm glad Gaza is winding down after all these decades

chickeon posted:

they're gonna kill everybody

someday this war's gonna end . . .

\

guidoanselmi posted:

it'd be great if there was some battle of oran action (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Mers-el-K%C3%A9bir ) goin where we destroy our own hand-me-downs - but i imagine IS kids were actually smart enough to divvy up the spoils and not leave them in their bases.

i guess that's to say there are no strategic targets except for leadership but it seems to much of a CF to actually get good intel?? guido's $0.02.

it helps to just think of iraq as america's etch-a-sketch

poor dorkasaurus_rex. i mean, it's bad enough being embedded with isis. talk about walking on eggshells . . . and now he has to worry about an intensive aerial bombing campaign. the guy just can't catch a break.

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

poor dorkasaurus_rex. i mean, it's bad enough being embedded with isis. talk about walking on eggshells . . . and now he has to worry about an intensive aerial bombing campaign. the guy just can't catch a break.

his golem will protect him from blasts

"... American combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq because there is no American military solution to the larger crisis in Iraq," Obama said.

fool me once,

[account deactivated]
we dropped white phosphorus on some folks, drone killed some other folks. folks died
[account deactivated]

quavers posted:

"... American combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq because there is no American military solution to the larger crisis in Iraq," Obama said.

fool me once,

if there's no American military solution to the larger crisis in Iraq, maybe there is an American military solution to the crises in America

keep are soldiers employed~

[account deactivated]
lol infowarts
Folks vs. Megablasts, a SyFy Original

Lykourgos posted:

quavers posted:

fool me once,

if there's no American military solution to the larger crisis in Iraq, maybe there is an American military solution to the crises in America

keep are soldiers employed~

(o)Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!

someone had npr on this afternoon, and six years of fake religious liberalism have I guess been rolled back in a couple days and "jihadis" is now again considered a cool way for liberal Democrats to talk about the Enemy Muslim. Skol.

libelous_slander posted:

that movie was weirddd
it was good. When i watched i knew Robert William was depressed irl and would prob kill himself. I looked into his eyes and saw only myself
lol he killed himself because he had parkinsons and didn't have the wherewithal like michael j fox to keep on keepin on
Werewolfal
weiss news continues to be the greatest journalism available today

which one of you was this
dZjEHg6yYos
i think it would b p chill if rappers started rockin ISIS gear

Agnus_Dei posted:

weiss news continues to be the greatest journalism available today

I was in New York for a couple of days and Vice News ads are everywhere. They've done a good job finding a unique place in the american propaganda machine.

Superabound posted:

i think it would b p chill if rappers started rockin ISIS gear

i really want to do this