i mean ideal is 8.1, super extra gravity. but 5.9 is pretty good for something that cheap in a can.
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

it turns out me and superabound used to fight about the topic of hipsters. we'll never know the glory of those days again.

was i pro or con? i cant remember

tpaine posted:

because canada is a paridise

the taxes on alcohol are enormous, which is good bc otherwise i'd have gone through a few livers by now. instead of getting say 30 of those for 15 dollars I get 12 of them for 20 dollars. it's like *objectively* a good idea or wahtever to maintain this slice of the shithole known as western civilization but I really like getting super wasted for cheap when I'm down in america town.

stegosaurus posted:

i mean ideal is 8.1, super extra gravity. but 5.9 is pretty good for something that cheap in a can.

it's perfect for drinkin a 24 over the course of a hot day/night

palafox posted:

chickeon posted:

afaik it's exclusive to canada, it's like regular PBR but gets ya drunker and has the nice crispness and clean finish of an ice or other strong beer

why are there so many high alcohol versions of mass market lagers over there? like that molson 10.1, etc.?

The really high strength 40's and stuff like that, very common @ depanneurs in QC (better prices than ON but still not US level) are a great way to get the most alcohol to the customer for the least money, taking advantage of the laws dictating minimum price per unit or whatever.
as far as ON goes i used to knock these fuckers back on the reg

[account deactivated]
i had some beers nad some sangria and now im drank at 10pm????
2012 beringer's pinot noir. gonna try to drink just half a bottle. by the time i get there i will probably say fuck it and drink the entire thing.

Superabound posted:

you were con and i was pro and to my credit and your eternal shame, neither of us were serious

the only reason to drink half a bottle of wine is if someone else is drinking the other half
[account deactivated]
i probably won't ever again now that i'm single despondent etc
[account deactivated]

daddyholes posted:

Superabound posted:

you were con and i was pro and to my credit and your eternal shame, neither of us were serious

i dont know. i can honestly say i dont ever remember posting nonserious opinions in old lf

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i drank a lot of 3.2 beer in oklahoma. we didn't realize it until later and figured out why we'd d been drinking til 4 am every night
[account deactivated]
it looks just like regular beer until you get a light and look at the top and it's stamped '3.2% alcohol MAXIMUM' and everything clicks
oklahoma's beer is super sad. we are supposed to be freedom loving cowboy people but we can't even have a six point beer without letting it warm up in the liquor store because we hate ourselves i guess

and yeah beck is amazing. midnite vultures is my favorite album of theirs. Let the golden age begin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zAT15vaFk
the becks were better before they made slow droning adult contemporary music for npr
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i had some 3.2% beer in minneapolis this weekend it was BULLSHIT. at least they sell real beer at liquor stores but ya i totally got a 6 pack of some fake ass 3.2%. waste of money maaaan
[account deactivated]
my face when the beer is only 3.2%
the normal ratio of alcohol content to stomach volume is already almost too low for me to physically be able to get drunk off of beer. anything lower is a waste of money and anything higher is skirting danger
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

y`all = aging urselves

a few weeks ago a guy i know irl assumed i was literally 10 years younger than i really am. oh wait you meant internally? ok yeah, it hurts every time i poop and i seriously think i might be developing Parkinsons

[account deactivated]
you can't, like, own a manicurist
[account deactivated]
my valet tells me i'm very handsome
i'm 8

conec posted:

Um u must be old. 35? My manicurist thought I was teenager. muhahahhaa

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
if you switch the tea and the nail solvent around youll get way drunker and your nails will be healthier

conec posted:

My manicurist thought I was teenager. muhahahhaa

weren't you a teenager, like, a few weeks ago

if i told someone i was 50 they'd probably be like yeah okay sir we're not supposed to chit chat with the customers but they'd believe me