next question
my analyst wanted me to do phone PA but I didn't like it, made me think I was talking to someone who had hung up on me, you can't find another irl analyst jeffrey?
do you not have skype?

elektrenai posted:

my analyst wanted me to do phone PA but I didn't like it, made me think I was talking to someone who had hung up on me, you can't find another irl analyst jeffrey?

lacanians are rare in the United States, unfortunately. I asked a prominent lacanian clinician if he knew of any lacanians in Chicago. no luck.

c_man posted:

do you not have skype?

yes I have skype

next question
yeah I think they're mostly in NY or SF like The Last Psychiatrist
[account deactivated]
everyone who moves to chicago secretly wants to be (or is) a cop and crack some hippy skulls. why is this even up for debate??!?
The problem with all the irony we've cloaked ourselves in is that "this is not a joke" is a completely meaningless statement
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

The problem with all the irony we've cloaked ourselves in is that "this is not a joke" is a completely meaningless statement

Hitler was born on 4/20, tried to kill all the jews and committed suicide...pretty high levels of irony there when yo uthink about it

ilmdge posted:

TG posted:
Hitler was born on 4/20, tried to kill all the jews and committed suicide...pretty high levels of irony there when yo uthink about it

So I've been in analysis since February and Using VoIP since March.
um so few things:

one month irl "therapy " (lacanian stuff might be good in theory I don't know but it's not really accredited stuff here afaik) and five months on VOIP uhh thats pretty odd. hopefully its a real and good thing but its possible that its not.

also theres a gap in our email correspondence when matt began speaking a little strangely and spoke of being very busy. i think this might have been when he started to have strange ideas because prior to that he seemed pretty normal besdies the constant sarcastic tone. in the first thread he mentioned that he had been busy at some point in time because of working through a lot of stuff in therapy, i think this is when he stopped talking to me and began believing i was a cop. i dont know how this lines up with his visit to nyc but we should try to figure it out i think

and btw most of the email thread was posted in the first thread, like 95% i think so if you read that then you've read everything i know except some initial PMs here on rhizzone. seemed pretty normal to me and i thought i had just bugged him when he stopped responding because i kept changing plans and was informing him of it each time (first my brother wanted to move in then he didnt, then i was ok with pilsen then not.. its inconvenient to figure this stuff out while not being in the city and trying to keep places available)

if we can help matt somehow i think we should, but i have no idea how we might do that. i guess at this point just put together our information and see if we can reach out somehow. if the people who met him think they can that would be really good, i dont know. maybe he has friends who post or lurk here? it doesnt have to include me too if thats problematic somehow i just want ot be helpful if i can.

mental illness sucks

Edited by babyfinland ()

TG posted:

haha yeah, you're right

keep the questions coming
[account deactivated]
why not use skype instead of some random voip thing?

c_man posted:

why not use skype instead of some random voip thing?

skype was roughly double the price of localphone

next question
[account deactivated]
i thought skype was free tho

c_man posted:

i thought skype was free tho

not for international phone calls

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

next question
oh did the analyst not want to use skype or something? thats lame
are u still offering the room
[account deactivated]

babyfinland posted:

are u still offering the room

I want to know this as well.

My psychiatrist recommended anti-psychotics and rigorous round of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Naturally, I started Lacanian psychoanalysis via telephone.

c_man posted:

oh did the analyst not want to use skype or something? thats lame

there is no need to use video calling software in lacanian psychoanalysis. Both lacanian theory and clinical practice is based around the analysand speech.

Lessons posted:

My psychiatrist recommended anti-psychotics and rigorous round of cognitive-behavioral therapy. Naturally, I started Lacanian psychoanalysis via telephone.

Excellent decision, comrade.

next question
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
hmmm I still think Tom might have something to cop to as of yet
OK that's all for tonight. I hope I was dispel the myth that i'm crazy, and that, perhaps I might be right about Tom, whose father works for the CIA.

I'll be back tomorrow to answer more questions.

Until next time,

babyfinland posted:

and i thought i had just bugged him

its all coming out now

[account deactivated]