Over the past few days I've been spending a lot of time pondering over a comment that I made on these very forums. "Anime is fucking trash," I said. Yes, I said it. I said that anime is fucking trash. In a kind of exploratory forgiveness seeking I am making this thread in the hopes that we can share anime that both entertains and pushes forrward the people's war, the glorious revolution, marxism, and all of the other things that we hold precious here at the Rhadzzone.

Here are the animes:

Akira - Unique animation, interesting plot, big things happen and it's entertaining

Lupin the III - A story about a james bond-esque 1970s cat burglar. Funny, engaging, light, with TnA teases from Lupin's love interest, a fellow cat burglar (that's a girl!!!)

that is all of the anime that I consider to not be trash. There might be some other stuff that's good, I don't know about it but here we are, born to be kings. We are masters of the universe. I am immortal. Let's explore the animeverse together
its bad
i like any anime with mecha (patlabor, macross, evangelion)
tantei opera milky holmes and gj-bu are both pretty good animes
[account deactivated]
http://www.clickhole.com/quiz/heres-fucking-anime-quiz-754
i think cowboy bebop is pretty cool

the problem with saying that is people who like anime are probably like thats some bullshit entry level nonsense and people who dont like anime are probably like damn that guy is weird he liked an anime he watched, im gonna stay away from him
I love to be entertained by brightly colored shapes on a video screen... I could watch them for hours!!
i don't even have a television. or a computer. or the internet.

aerdil posted:

i don't even have a television. or a computer. or the internet.

same. i just have a posting apparatus

i like little girl anime like azumanga daioh and lucky star. Not
[account deactivated]
Again what are some good animes that kill imperialists and Build

littlegreenpills posted:

i like little girl anime like azumanga daioh and lucky star. Not

My czns liked azumanga but other than emphasizing communitarian values in a general sense idk about whether it was a good bday gift

TheIneff posted:

Omg does anyone know anything about Vietnamese cartoons

[account deactivated]

TheIneff posted:

gundam wing unironically

gundam wing is literally about the necessity of a violent emancipatory struggle and the political consequences and complications
the mobile dolls represent living labor becoming dead labor
miyazaki films generally have environmentalist and anti-war messages.

kaiba features a class war, including terrorist acts by a revolutionary vanguard and brutal methods of oppression. it compares the decadent, hollow, fashion-driven lives of the rich with the terrible sacrifices of the poor. also gender swapping

death note indulges fantasy of revolutionary power, and avoiding detection by cops. portrays major corporations as evil.

Agnus_Dei posted:

kaiba features a class war, including terrorist acts by a revolutionary vanguard and brutal methods of oppression. it compares the decadent, hollow, fashion-driven lives of the rich with the terrible sacrifices of the poor. also gender swapping

i liked mind game also by yuasa.

conec posted:

go figure ur pathetic pig ass would like lupin the third

dont fatshame me you ableist oppressor

not into anime or video game music but i like this song a lot. used to play a rom of this game as a wee lad

Ey2tv7r6lp8
also i've been told twice by two different dudes that i seem like i would like anime, which is the cruelest thing anyone's ever said to me
[account deactivated]

conec posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_GeassSet in an alternate timeline, the series focuses on how the former prince Lelouch vi Britannia obtains a power known as Geass and decides to use it to obliterate the Holy Britannian Empire, an imperial monarchy and a superpower that has been conquering various countries.

is that ge-ass or, uh. um.

[account deactivated]
probably the only truly essential anime is serial experiments: lain because it pre-empts so much crappy theorising about the internet and does it much better
I love anime! I love manga! I love Ranka Lee! Yack!
I Like Howl
perfect blue is the good version of black swan and paprika is the good version of inception
Even an arch-normie can watch and appreciate Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
i like the music
Nichijou is good

Neon_Night_Rider posted:

Nichijou is good

yeah it is

@ op I agree mostly but I've heard it said taht Lupin III isnt' really anime it's before Anime was a thing. I don't know

Akira, Cowboy Bebop are good.

This is the only good anime I have found bc of lf/goons/whatever
I'm more of a manga man OP
Both Ponpoko and Shin Sekai Yori portray national liberation struggles in a sympathetic light, while also being pretty good animes
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]